Fanatec Driver 456 (prev release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

I think I found where you list the FW versions. Looks like it has been v1.6 since I got the CSL Elite V2 pedals and I updated them when I got them so I guess it must still be 1.6.

• Hello,

I noticed that in GT7 in the daily race B Monza, when I start from 1st to 4th, I almost always lose force feedback in the first chicane. If I start further back, this won't happen and I can drive the race to the end. It's no longer any fun anymore. It's high time we got new drivers.

I ride with the GT DD Pro EXTREME and the V3 pedals.

• I did a wheel update and after that ,the coil whine is louder then before the update..

• Contact the support.

• edited March 19

Posting here as it seems to be rather a software related issue than hardware/mechanical.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CS DD+
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Mclaren V2
    • Driver Version: 456 (same with 455)
    • Base FW Version: 2.0.2.6
    • Motor FW Version: ....
    • Wheel FW Version: 47
    • QR FW: 1.0.0.7 (same 1.0.0.3)
    • FanaLab Version: v2.01.21

driver dooes not recognize my QR2 Metal but instead recognize it as QR2 Lite, therefore, limiting the Wheelbase to low torque mode.

The reason why I believe it's software related is because when cycling through the modes on the wheelbase (PS/Xbox/Comp/PC) 3 out of 10 times the Metal QR2 got correctly recognized/shown on the bottom right corner in the steering wheel tab. However, switching back and forth between the tabs a couple times and the QR2 Lite reappears...

Installation of the QR2 was correct, I double/triplechecked everything. Even disassembled/reassembled. (I was using the Metal QR1 before)

All buttons do work on the steering wheel so that would exclude bent pins.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: wheelbase shows lowtorque mode when wheel is removed. (not sure if it's intended, just noticed it so adding info)

• That's not Software but a hardware "issue" where Rhe QR Lite detection plate is stuck.

Remove the QR, push the small plate a few times to make sure it's not stuck, put the QR back on, Problem is fixed.

• thanks Maurice!

I did try to push the pin manually which seemed to be moving freely but I still had the issue initially.

As a last ditch effort, I ended up disassembling the wheel and removing the spring and the ping all together, pushed the button a couple times with my finger and now it's all good!

• Hi guys! got my CS DD after 4 months of waiting yesterday, played 1hr then updated somthing so now the base wont even turn on, no light from the power button but the wheel shows the fanatec logo in the little display, i've contacted fanatec but im reaching out here aswell.

i got similar/same issues as this guy. someone who thinks they can help me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsx11kNPBDY

• @Oskar Scensson

Your wheelbase is broken/bricked and you need to contact support to get an RMA. There is no other option or Workaround. Can you remember what you did exactly after the update?

• @Gökhan Ogul

I playd f123 right when i got the drivers downloaded. then i mixt with some settings and went to the fanatec firmwere manager. In the manager i updated some of my drivers and while updating the "hourglass" didn't go away. I waited for like 30 minutes then i quit the program and tried again. thats when it happened.

Do you know why all this trouble? is it the drivers that fucked somthing up or what is it?

My first experience with fanatec.. not pleasant. should i return the my 1300$ order and go for a diffrent brand?

regards Oskar

• where is the 457

• Not there yet.

Coming end of March. Maybe even early April due to a last minute showstopper issue which was found in internal testing.

• Hello Maurice Böschen,

I don't want to attack you in any way, since you're not to blame for the problems. I myself have worked in IT for almost 50 years. Errors also occurred in our company, that is unavoidable.

In such a case, we worked day and night and in the event of a problem there was no free weekend to make the customers happy again, otherwise we would have had to close the business long ago.

But we, the customers of Fanatec, who invest a lot of money in our hobby and thus in Endor AG, have been put off again and again for weeks. If you have to hint now that it might be the beginning of April, that will be more than annoying for everyone.

One can almost think that Endor AG is slowly dismantling itself.

• Hi Maurice,

Would you know if the problem of DD+ units becoming bricked when the power button is pressed while booting up is being looked into? Every time I power on my DD+ I’m always holding my breath. I hope the bricking can be prevented with a firmware update

• Maurice do you know anything about perfectly working Boost Kits not being recognized in the control panel now?

• edited March 21

@ Robin: currently not under investigation anymore AFAIK as it was investigated but could not get reproduced on several different bases internally so it seems to be hardware issue of some few units.

@ Cameron: no I dont anything about this. Please contact the support as it's definitely nothing firmware related.

• Patiently waiting for support to get back. Has to be some type of firmware issue. I have been contacted by others who have experienced this recently too

• @Maurice Does the show stopper issue have to do with the DD(+) wheel disconnects or are we still good with that fix? I know you wrote last time that it seemed solid. Thanks.

• Has nothing to do with the disconnect, no.

• Clubsport dd+ The base loses all power and the steering wheel buttons stop working but the steering still works.

• Known issue, read the last 16 pages which are basically all about it..

• @Maurice Boschen, the Quote doesn't seem to be working for me. That's not Software but a hardware "issue" where Rhe QR Lite detection plate is stuck.

Remove the QR, push the small plate a few times to make sure it's not stuck, put the QR back on, Problem is fixed.

Is there a QR1 equivalent of this? I have the McLaren v2 with metal QR1 on DD1 that has worked in Hi Torque mode for a long time but was no longer recognized as metal QR1 sometime around the new year. All my other wheels are working as normal.

I have had this problem with several drivers (even backdated) and am currently running 456 with the same issue. I have reached out to tech support 2 times in the past 3.5 months but have had ZERO response. Any help would be appreciated.

• edited March 21

Quote feature is currently broken.

Under investigation how to fix.

Same for you: detach QR, push the QR detection plate a few times to make sure it doesnt get stuck, re-attach QR -> High Torque should work again. If not, remove the spring by opening the wheel (if no longer under warranty as disassambling the wheel would potentially void the warranty). In case still under warranty it would be best to contact the support first when you cant fix it on your own - like you already did so you need to wait for the support to get back to you which currently can take some weeks.

Its definitely hardware and not firmware for absolute sure and it is fixable in general.

• Hi Maurice.

Can you please let me know if an OLED screen on a GT DD Pro where speed numbers stay frozen randomly during races is a firmware issue please?

Thanks.

Best regards.

• edited March 21

OLED of the GT DD Pro wheel freezes? Never heard of this. Unlikely to be Firmware, otherwise there would be plenty of reports...

• RIEN AURELIERIEN AURELIE Member
    edited March 21

Thanks for your answer. Yes when I play either it’s all good all the playing session, either at some point the speedometer (OLED screen) freeze on a speed (let’s say 273) and stay this way till I turn off and back on the wheel base. On a GT DD Pro with latest public firmware, PS5, GT7.

• As said, never heard of an issue like this on that wheel so unlikely to be Firmware.

• Hi Maurice,

I found a thread* that ended in 11/20 that helped. I took the wheel apart, pushed the QR Detection button, stretched the spring and made sure that the plastic piece was in place. I put everything back together and the wheel finds Hi Torque mode now! Thanks

*https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26782/no-high-torque-with-mclaren-gt3-v2-with-dd2

• My Button Module Endurance is bricked 4 days after I updated the Firmware. Tried to do a manual recovery but nothing. I haven't updated My DD Pro yet because I'm afraid I'm going to brick that too. Already sent an email to Fanatec about this Mach 18 but no response yet.

This discussion has been closed.