Fanatec Driver 456 (prev release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• edited March 24

It's quite a tricky move by iRacing to play the ball to the wheel manufacturers to workaround the lack of native 360Hz FFB so every manufacturer needs to implement something on their own instead of iRacing doing a proper straight fixing of their code initially...

As there are zero ressources to implement something big like this atm it will take a lot of time until it can be implemented eventually at some point in the future, so not anytime soon with the next drivers, no.

• Good morning

Just for the record, with the factory drivers of the CS DD+ the F1 23 on PC with the formula v2.5x steering wheel if you change the profile on the steering wheel for example to profile 1 with 100% FFB to a default profile at 60% after a few seconds, the LEDs are blocked, with the steering wheel screen off you can continue changing between profiles, but you don't see anything, because I change back to profile 1 with 100% and I notice the change, that happens ingame with The factory firmware, just for the record, is one prior to 454 I suppose, and by the way the version of QR2 that does not appear on the fanatec panel on the PC does not appear on the DD+ base, if you connect the QR2 to a CSL DD base Yes, the version appears.

On the other hand, I have also experienced strange things with the handbrake, it's not that it just activates, but sometimes I don't know if it's when turning on, if you don't go all the way before sometimes it's like it stays pressed, it made me feel past that without touching it, I have the car in neutral N and when I try to accelerate the gear does not engage even with the clutch pressed, and after a long time, I end up hitting the handbrake, and I can now start the car, engage gears etc

I only record this in case it helps to have this knowledge that this happens in the factory version, perhaps it was solved in previous versions, but in case this problem returns in the future, record that this was already among us in the version of factory too.

Thank you so much

All the best

• About 360Hz FFB: Isn't FullForce going to do that already (once it's implemented by iRacing)?

• No. That's something entirely different.

• Gude Maurice,

any new news about 457? :)

• Yes and no.. It's delayed now until mid-April it seems.

• Thank god that the rollback to 455 worked very well ^^

• Hello everybody !! Hello Maurice !

what about the compatibility with ea wrc and the dd extreme wheel (on ps5) ? Is it about the wheel drivers or ea and the game ?

thank you for your future answer ;)

• Compatibility with a specific game is always the matter of the respective game and never a thing of a driver or firmware update. So it's up to EA / Codemasters to support it.

• MikstaMiksta Member

mid April.......

I've got iRacing which is uplayable with Driver 455 and wheelbase FW 2.0.2.6

• 2.0.2.6 is the firmware from driver 456 which is known to enhance the likeliness of the steering wheel freezes.

You need to downgrade the base firmware back to 2.0.1.4 from driver 455 in order to minimize the likeliness of the issue. It can still happen but at least less likely.

• MikstaMiksta Member

I tried to downgrade but the software disconnected the USB each time I have tried so I figure I must be doing something wrong.

Is there a guide I can follow to make sure I am doing it correctly?

• There is no real guide, no.

You need to connect the base to your PC directly without using a USB Hub.

Then you need to check the checkbox for manual firmware update, click on base firmware update, click yes, click flash, done...

• MikstaMiksta Member
    edited March 25

ok, cable direct to pc started but has an issue.

Gets -

ERROR:TransferData failed. Please retry again.

Please reboot Wheel Base and retry update...

FirmwareFlash failed!

Please reboot Wheel Base and retry update...

I have to turn the power off at the wall to turn it off

Stuck in UPDATE MODE now

• MikstaMiksta Member

Switched to different USB ports in my MB and eventually it went through.....

Downgraded to 2.0.1.4

Will test tomorrow (after midnight in Australia) and see if I can get longer than 5-10 minutes out of iRacing

Thanks Maurice

• @Maurice If they got a handle on the disconnect issue, can’t the developers issue a release just for that fix? Or did they find something in general that must be fixed?

• @Maurice,

I'm having an issue with a DD+ base that always starts in update mode whenever it's turned on. I can perform firmware and driver upgrades and downgrades, but every time I turn it off and back on, it goes into update mode again. I can only use it after performing an update.

Is this a known issue with the firmware, driver, or hardware?

Thanks!

• edited March 25

have you tried a different usb slot

• @Felix Fellhase 

Yes, I tried, but the problem remained the same. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and even tested it on another computer... the behavior is always the same, the base goes into update mode every time it is turned off and on, and needs to be forcibly updated to be usable

• This issue of perfectly working Boost kits not being detected any more and Support not responding is getting a bit ridiculous...

• edited March 25

The support takes some weeks atm to respond...

I am sure they will come back to you and handle your RMA when you are in line.

• Jens GütherJens Güther Member
    edited March 25

• Hi Maurice,

Will 457 resolve the issue with updating the WQR firmware on a ClubSport DD+? Support recommended trying with 456, but I was holding off because of the issues. I'm currently on 455.

I was getting: "Error: Undefined error encountered"

I tried doing a manual update as well as reinstalling 455 and kept getting the same issue.

• Hi Maurice,

My Button Module Endurance (bricked) stopped working 4 days after I updated the Firmware (455) on the Podium Hub and the BME. After trying multiple things, I switched the Podium hub to another one I have that I had not update yet and that fixed it until it stopped a few days later again. After this happened, I updated the wheel base to 456 but when I tried to update the Podium Hub that was not updated, it stopped half way. It starts the update but it does not finish the update. The power light switches from red to blue in the middle of the update by it self. I tried to update it a few times already and the same thing happens. What is going on? No word from Fanatec yet.

• Is there a reason why we can’t get a hotfix for the DD(+) disconnect issue? If the fix can be isolated.

• Yes there is a reason. Not possible to isolate the fix so we can not provide the hotfix on it's own.

• hello maurice,
    can you tell me if full compatibility of fanatec wheels with xbox will happen one day? better a date? and if button remapping and telemetry are planned.
    I can't find anything about this on the internet apart from forzamotorsport which indicates having done the work on its side.
    THANKS.

• It's true Forza has implemented the Fanatec Xbox SDK and it is now up to the Firmware to implement the additional Xbox features which will happen at some day this year, yes.

• One day this year...

more or less? driver 457 or 550????

Because that said, one day it could even be December 31, 2024..

This discussion has been closed.