Fanatec Driver 456 (prev release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• December 31, 2024 is quite unlikely as thats a day where nobody works...

Cant say more other than some day this year. Definitely not with 457 or 458, thats for sure. More likely to be in the 46X drivers.

• Thanks for the response Maurice.
    I still find it incredible that the SDK is operational and implemented in the game but not the wheel driver

• edited March 26

Bonjour, depuis une mise à jour du driver 455 et 456 et un bug et plantage de mon PC, ma base /volant Gran Turismo DD+ Extrême n'est plus reconnu dans le logiciel Fanatec contrôl panel..??? Pouvez-vous m'aider pour résoudre ce problème..?? Merci d'avance, cordialement, Doumé

• edited March 26

Please post in English according to the forum rules.

Try different USB port and re-install the driver with the base powered-on.

• Hello

Question : Does the problem of "Steering Wheel Firmware V0" that happens on CSL DD and GT DD Pro will get a HOTFIX before 257 ?

Thanks

• The fix of this problem will be in the 257 driver ?

• edited March 27

No.

PS: it's 457, not 257.

• Sorry for the mistake of number : The problem of firmware V0 will not be fixed with the 457 ?

To be sure to understand

• No, the problem of firmware V0 on CSL DD and GT DD Pro will not be fixed with 457. 457 should only contain new CS DD Firmwares, nothing more. At least thats the current status. There will be a workaround in 457 to not force an endless update loop so the driver "ignores" the V0 and will not force you to update, but a proper fix within the firmware itself is only expected for 458.

• Thanks. For your reply.

Question : If I want a new driver and a Fanalab that work with no bug for LMU, what driver and fanalab I need to use with my CSL DD ?

Actualy I have the driver 450 that work perfectly but the associated fanalab don't support LMU

• edited March 27

Driver 455 with FanaLab 2.01.28

However, there is nothing like "no bug". Thats impossible for any kind of software. There will always be some kind of bugs.

• Ok, I just want avoid the knowed issues of firmware V0 on my CSL DD,

The 455 don't have this issue ?

• edited March 27

No, 455 does not have that issue.

It is anyway just a visual glitch and not really a functional issue. The Firmware itself is of course not 0, it is just falsely shown as 0 but in reality it is still the "normal" Firmware version.

• Mathias RauenMathias Rauen Member
    edited March 27

@Maurice, thanks for your great support here. You're making life much better for all of us Fanatec users.

Three small(ish) questions from me:

1) Do you happen to know which firmware DD+ Extreme is shipping with from the factory? Currently, I don't seem to have disconnect issues, so I'd rather not touch it until 457 is released.

2) I'm having the issue that the OLED screen isn't cleared properly in Gran Turismo. E.g. after turning the wheel on the OLED screen is often full white (all pixels white). Or when exiting the Tuning Menu, the screen isn't cleared but the last menu from the Tuning Menu stays visible forever. Also, the labels in the Tuning Menu partially overwrite the setting bar, so it's hard to use the Tuning Menu. Will these problems be fixed by 457?

3) Is FullForce (in theory) already fully working with the current firmware? I know no game supports it yet. But let's say Gran Turismo adds support for it this week, will it work then, or will a new Fanatec firmware be needed to make it work?

• edited March 27

1) a very old one.

2) known issue of this very old factory firmware, new firmware included in 456 has all of this already fixed.

3) yes. Its all up to the games to implement the FullForce SDK and adapt their games, nothing needed on the firmware side in general to support it. However, I think its highly unlikely GT7 will add support this week.

• Hello Maurice, hope you are doing well and thank you for all the support. 

I have a Podium racing wheel F1 (DD1) which is still on the older firmware ( those of 447). I am on PS5 and everything is working good with all the wheels I have. I recently purchased the Podium Steering Wheel Monte Carlo and believe I would need to update the DD1 firmware in order for the button module of that wheel to work. Needless to say I have been holding off on updating the firmware due to some of the issues that are mentioned in the forum, like sequential shifter not working, issues with updates etc.

Reading your previous post though I am wondering if the issues are only related to the CS DD though as that is the focus for 457? I am just looking for some guidance on when it would be safest for me to update the firmware. I would prefer holding off on using the Podium Steering Wheel Monte Carlo, than creating other issues to a working system.

Thank you

• You would need to update to driver 455.

• Hi @Maurice

I read on another forum that version 457 should bring a fix that corrects a bug that is causing some DD+ bases to be in an update loop (I believe this is my case). It would be the problem that some wheels do not select the firmware version correctly, resulting in an update loop problem.

I would like to understand if this information is really correct and if version 457 can be a hope for resolving these update mode loop cases?

• That's not correct AFAIK.

There is no concrete fix for something like this directly planned for 457. Maybe it gets fixed by accident but not intentionally.

• Hi all, quick question is possible/advisable to install 456 driver without update the wheelbase firmware?

Regards,

Peter

• edited March 27

Possible but doesnt make much sense, no.

• Thank you Maurice,

Noted. In case i update to driver 455 can i expect everything to keep working as is on the ps5? Meaning, The fanatec h-pattern shifter will work in sequential mode in combination with the rally button module and no known issues with updating or other possible issues?

• Just to add, most used wheels include the porche with BME, the BMW M4 GT3 and standard wheel with xbox hub. I have the monaco with BMR but have not yet used due to bot updating firmware. Will 455 introduce any issues with those wheels? I have read about iasues with BME and BMW M4 dials etc?

• je ne trouve pas le 456 sur mon pc il ai affiché 455 encore

• Please post in English according to the forum rules!

Then please dont bother updating and let everything as it is.

• Maurice I do apologize for more follow up questions, but i would like to use the monaco wheel i bought and have sitting here. I want to know if there is a firmware that supports the BMR and also maintains sequential shifter functionality and maintains buttons of the BMW M4 GT3 working properly? All this without known update issues and/or base getting stuck in a specific mode etc?

I am asking to verify because it is getting extremely confusing now with all the forum entries and reported issues for each firmware and wheelbase (i have the podium dd1 f1)

In the meantime i have a expensive new wheel (monaco rally with button module) that i cannot use because i do not dare to update the firmware.

If there is a firmware that can work without above mentioned issues, I would like to know in order to install that.

• No, there is no such Firmware.

• Ok, Thanks again. If 457 will not be the firmware to resolve these issues, what does the roadmap look like in order to take care of these so I can safely update and use the Monaco Rally wheel without crippling other functionality of the system?

This discussion has been closed.