Fanatec Driver 463 (Release Candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

How to report issues:

• No off-topic.
  • Civilized and constructive feedback and discussions to help each other.
  • No offending each other!

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
  2. Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
  3. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
  4. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
  5. Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
  6. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
  • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
  • Driver Version: ....
  • Base FW Version: ....
  • Motor FW Version: ....
  • Wheel FW Version: ....
  • FanaLab Version: ....
  • Tuning Menu settings
  • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
  • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Changelog of driver 463 (since 462)

Firmware versions included

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 3.1.0.7
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 3.0.0.2 
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 WQR: 7
  • ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.2.4.0 (NEW)
  • ClubSport DD(+) WQR: 1.1.0.3 
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro Base: 1.2.0.9
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro Motor: 1.0.3.2
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro WQR: 6.0.1.1
  • CSW V1 Base: 693
  • CSW V2 Base: 693
  • CSW V2.5 Base: 693
  • CSL Elite Base: 693
  • CSL Elite Base PS4: 693
  • CSL / CSW Motor: 22
  • Podium Bentley GT3 Wheel: 1.0.7.0
  • Podium Bentley GT3 Video: 1.0.2.0
  • Podium BMW M4 GT3: 9  
  • Podium Hub: 6
  • Podium BME: 24    
  • Podium BMR: 1.0.0.6
  • CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 47 / 1.0.2.0
  • CS SW RS: 4 
  • CS SW BMW V2: 3 
  • CS SW F1 Esports V2: 5 
  • CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 2 
  • GT DD Extreme SW: 1.0.7.0 
  • GT DD Pro SW: 8 / 1.0.1.0 
  • CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3: 37
  • CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3 V2: 47  
  • CSL Elite SW WRC: 4
  • CSL UH, CSL UH V2: 8 
  • CS P V3: 1.35
  • CSL Elite Pedals V2: 1.6
  • CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.13
  • CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.8
  • CS USB Adapter - Handbrake: 1.10
  • CS USB Adapter - Shifter: 1.12
  • CS USB Adapter - CSL Pedals: 1.1
  • CS USB Adapter - CSL Elite Pedals: 0.1

Podium Bentley GT3

• Fixed ghost inputs
  • Fixed PlayStation button mapping

Known Issues

• When updating the CS DD base firmware, the wheel might not be detected until performing a restart. This is explained in a pop-up during the update procedure. 
  • When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.

Compatible FanaLab Version

Download

Comments

• Hello everyone

After 7 months of trouble (rma) I have an extreme DD that works.

I haven't updated it since I received it (new) a month ago. 

The only problem is that my wheel doesn't stay correctly centered.

Can I do the update: base, wheel, qr2, or is it preferable that I touch nothing until confirmation that all goes well with all the latest drivers?

I'm on PS5 and I'm playing GT7 and ACC.

Thanks to all of you; 

• Any benefit to 463 over 462 for dd+?

• Looks like only if you have a Bentley GT3 wheel and are using it w a PS5 as per the changelog above

• Hey one question when will the revlights and so on work on xbox ? I payed over 2k for my setup and all of the nice things don't work why do i need to be punished for playing on a xbox but have to pay more for all the wheels while it doesn't work

• Either late this or early next year the enhanced Xbox features should be implemented into the Firmware.

However, ultimatively it will be up to the game developers to implement the already shared Xbox SDK into their games via game updates to enable this features for the games. Currently only Forza Motorsport has this implemented AFAIK so even after the enhanced features were added into the firmware the only game where the features would currently work would be FM8.

• Given the speed of release of the 462 and 463 drivers..

Can I upgrade from 457 to 463?

• @Maurice Böschen

I am a CSL DD user with a QR2 + CSL loadcell brake.

Currently I am still using 451...do you recommend an update?

I follow everything on this forum about software updates but read so many problems that I am afraid to change.

• edited October 24

Only you can decide this on your own by reading the changelogs of 455 and 462 if there are important fixes and improvements for your specific devices.

• DD2, MC rally wheel here.

Moving from 455 to 457 was painful as it developed right side flap skipping(or delaying) some inputs. Resorted removing 457 along with its firmware and living happily ever after with 455.

Now installed the 462, flashed the base firmware to 3.1.0.7, the feel is slightly smoother with graininess almost in-existent, but all the input skipping dang is back. In addition, in WRC24 menus there's pretty obvious navigation input lag.

Rolled back to 455 w/o firmware rollback - wrc menu input lag was gone, but occasional skipping the upshift still present.

Rolled back base fw to 3.0.4.3. - all works perfect again.

For the final stage of experiment installed 462 again, but did not flash the base f/w(staying on 3.0.4.3.) - all works perfectly.

To conclude - 3.1.0.7,f/w is bugged(at least for my application)

• edited October 24

Here I am tripping because lost upshifts many times and it isn’t a skill issue because on my USB steering wheel I never miss up and downshifts but DD2 with Podium Porsche wheel so Podium Hub and APM and miss many times upshifts, downshifts seems OK. I have mostly problem when shiftting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear……

I’m on driver 462 but I think I ALWAYS had this problem like for many months/years….So I went with USB wheel and never missed down/upshift… those misshifts killed many crucial laptimes and overtake chances and it’s just disturbing.

For me are USB wheels best I think, direct connected to PC/hub/extension…

• It got new firmwares in 462 compared to 455 as well.

Of course it will get new firmwares in the future. It's not dead...

• I still don't have a clue what else to do now...Unable to install Drivers 462 and now the same error message with 463...Windows 10, originally on had Driver v452 which ran good (Wish I had not updated) I uninstall 452 to update to 462 and now 463 gone the same way :( I have even reset Windows 10 back to default!

Attached my log files! Where to go from here? Please!

• Hello, when will FF2.0 force feedback really adapt? For example, the first batch is iracing and GT7. Is it the game manufacturer or Fanatec that is delayed at present?🙏

• edited October 25

Up to game devs to implement this feature which was made available to them through the SDK.

• I got one issue that, I think, appeared in 462, that is that the funky switch on the dd extreme doesn't switch (cycle) through the mini displays (break balance, weather and such) anymore in races in GT7.

is this known?

• Its still a Windows issue... Always has been.

Is it a x64 version of windows 10? or is it x32?

Have you tried to extract the drivers from the zip file before installing?

Have you uninstalled and completely wiped the fanatec drivers from Windows? Using something like CCleaner to remove it?

Are you running it as an admin user, or running as Administrator? (Right click and 'run as administrator')?

Is there any Antivirus running? Can that be disabled temporarily - even if its real time protection?

When you say youve reset windows, was that a complete fresh install? or some other option?

• I am experiencing issues with the Fanatec Control Panel on my Windows 11 computer, and I am reaching out for your assistance in resolving this matter.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Fanatec Control Panel software, but it will not open. When I double-click the executable file, I briefly see the process start in Task Manager, but it immediately stops and does not launch. Here are the steps I have already tried without success:

1. Run as Administrator
    2. Full Reinstallation: Removed all Fanatec files manually and reinstalled the software.
    3. Compatibility Mode Adjustments: Tried running the application in compatibility mode for previous versions of Windows.
    4. Updated Visual C++ Redistributables: Ensured all Visual C++ Redistributable packages are up to date.
    5. Checked Event Viewer Logs: Although I attempted to locate any error messages in the Event Viewer under Application Logs, I was unable to identify the exact cause of the issue.
    6. Disabled Background Applications and Fast Startup to rule out software conflicts.

My system specifications:

• Operating System: Windows 11
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090
    • VR/Sim Setup: Fanatec and Oculus Quest 3

Could you please advise on any additional steps to resolve this, or let me know if there are known compatibility issues with Windows 11?

• Since the 462 update the day before yesterday, I have also noticed shifting problems on the Podium Porsche steering wheel, APM and Podium Hub. I didn't have them before.

• edited October 25

That's already under investigation to be fixed at some point in the future.

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited October 25

Hello Darren, thanks for your reply :) I don't know how to fix this Windows issue! Been looking online for help...I have tried all I know :(

1) x64bit Windows 10

2) I always extract files from a .rar to my desktop and install from there.

3) I always remove the previous Fanatec Drivers with Revo Uninstaller Pro and removes all trace files and register items from Fanatec.

4) I am running Windows 10 as an Administrator! I right click the file, I don't have "Run as Administrator" showing (assuming because I am the Administrator and the only user?)

5) All AV programs starting with Windows 10 have been stopped and no longer running, checked with Task Manager AV is stopped while installing,

6) I Did a complete reset (a completely fresh install of Windows 10 saving my personal data, I tried again to install Fanatec Drivers on the clean install and again after updating Windows 10 but still got the same error! Just now finished installing all the other Drivers and the rest of my programs, everything else has been installed correctly without any issues....Except for the Fanatec Drivers ....That is now the extent of my PC knowledge, where to go from here is what I'm struggling with :( Thank you for your help, I appreciate it :)

Edit: I keep all the previous Fanatec Drivers that went back to 16/09/2021 v415 all of which will now NOT install???? ....The wheel itself is NOT bricked...It comes ON does a full fan blow and flashes CAL ....I have NO driver installed so I can't seem to roll back to anything??

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 25

make sure that your base is turned off while you install new drivers, i think you should not also run the fanalab at same time

you seems only one user who complain about this, so you doing something very odd in your side

• Actually, exactly the opposite is recommended: The base should be powered ON when installing the driver as only then it can be ensured that the USB device driver gets properly installed. If you install the driver with the base powered off and then after install open the driver UI then it can happen that the USB device driver wasnt properly installed which leads to several error messages and attemps of the driver to self-repair via a driver-repair.

FanaLab can not run without the driver installed, so thats impossible anyway.

edited October 25

im usually been install when base is off, after that i make pc restart. as there no point turn that base on in first try as it not allows install firmware anyway

• edited October 25

I gave you the explanation what the recommended way to install a driver is and also why that is. Has nothing to do with Firmware but with the USB device driver.

Not much more to add.

edited October 25

yes. but i give info how i make in my side. and it seems work in here

see? all fine in here