Fanatec Driver 462 (release candidate) for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

How to report issues:

• No off-topic.
  • Civilized and constructive feedback and discussions to help each other.
  • No offending each other!

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
  2. Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
  3. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
  4. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
  5. Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
  6. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
  • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
  • Driver Version: ....
  • Base FW Version: ....
  • Motor FW Version: ....
  • Wheel FW Version: ....
  • FanaLab Version: ....
  • Tuning Menu settings
  • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
  • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Changelog of driver 462 (since 457)

Firmware versions included

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 3.1.0.7
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 3.0.0.2 
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 WQR: 7
  • ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.2.3.7 (NEW)
  • ClubSport DD(+) WQR: 1.1.0.3 (NEW)
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro Base: 1.2.0.9
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro Motor: 1.0.3.2
  • CSL DD / GT DD Pro WQR: 6.0.1.1
  • CSW V1 Base: 693
  • CSW V2 Base: 693
  • CSW V2.5 Base: 693
  • CSL Elite Base: 693
  • CSL Elite Base PS4: 693
  • CSL / CSW Motor: 22
  • Podium Bentley GT3 Wheel: 1.0.7.0
  • Podium Bentley GT3 Video: 1.0.2.0
  • Podium BMW M4 GT3: 9  
  • Podium Hub: 6
  • Podium BME: 24    
  • Podium BMR: 1.0.0.6
  • CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 47 / 1.0.2.0
  • CS SW RS: 4 
  • CS SW BMW V2: 3 
  • CS SW F1 Esports V2: 5 
  • CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 2 
  • GT DD Extreme SW: 1.0.7.0 
  • GT DD Pro SW: 8 / 1.0.1.0 
  • CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3: 37
  • CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3 V2: 47  
  • CSL Elite SW WRC: 4
  • CSL UH, CSL UH V2: 8 
  • CS P V3: 1.35
  • CSL Elite Pedals V2: 1.6
  • CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.13
  • CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.8
  • CS USB Adapter - Handbrake: 1.10
  • CS USB Adapter - Shifter: 1.12
  • CS USB Adapter - CSL Pedals: 1.1
  • CS USB Adapter - CSL Elite Pedals: 0.1

Control Panel + Firmware Manager

• Added note to pop-up message after a CS DD base firmware update to restart the base in case the steering wheel is not detected.

TrayApp Version 0.43.0.68 (optional installation)

More info about the app on: https://fanatec.com/app

• Fixed firmware update notification
  • Latest version of Fanatec App on Android/iOS (V0.1.15+128 or newer) required as well.

ClubSport DD(+) Firmware Improvements

• Fixed wheel communication freezes after some time of driving.
  • Fixed brief communication freezes while using PS5 mode.
  • Fixed big dead zone of CSL Pedals (non loadcell version).

Known Issues

• When updating the CS DD base firmware, the wheel might not be detected until performing a restart. This is explained in a pop-up during the update procedure. 
  • When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.

Compatible FanaLab Version

Download

Comments

• Thank you! Will this fix the xBox mode issues?

• edited October 10

It fixes what is listed in the changelog (compared to 457) ;)

• Still no xbox SDK??? At this point it’s comical, it has been done for at least 1 YEAR and you guys still choose to not implement it? Can I please get a legit answer as to why?

• edited October 10

Because of bigger real issues like the CS DD disconnection issue which is way more critical as it makes driving almost impossible - The new feature of the Xbox SDK are still on the list to hopefully be added to the firmware late this year or early next year at the latest.

Note: In the end it is still up to the game developers to add the Xbox SDK into their games (which was shared to game devs already one year ago as the SDK is finished already since a long time), but currently only Forza Motorsport implemented that SDK. No other game would benefit from the enhanced Xbox features right now anyway even if the features would (finally) be implemented in the firmware...

• so you guys took the time and effort to develop it to completion in the midst of issues that you say are “way more crucial” but its too much effort to just put it into a firmware update? Does that make any sense. Also this issue has been going on for many years and it did not seem to be a priority but now its even less of a priority? Why would any game even implement it knowing you guys are never going to implement it on your end? I paid a lot of money 3 years ago with a promise that i would one day get full functionality out of the product and still never got it even though its done lol

• edited October 10

"so you guys took the time and effort to develop it to completion in the midst of issues that you say are “way more crucial"?" -> No. No work on the SDK was done this year in the midst of issues that are way more critical as all the work was done last year already.

"but its too much effort to just put it into a firmware update?" -> Yes, implementing the SDK features into the firmware and then merging such a big topic into the main public release branch is a HUGE task and needs a LOT of internal testing. Due to the aforementioned more critical issues like the CS DD disconnection issue there was simply no time yet to handle other topics like the Xbox features.

"I paid a lot of money 3 years ago with a promise that i would one day get full functionality out of the product..." -> One day you will get full functionality. And this one day is not too far off now the most critical issue we ever had is solved and the devs can attack other topics - like the Xbox implementation. However, due to huge effort and especially internal testing it takes this wont arrive in the next weeks. But we are not talking about years anymore but only months. As I said, either late this year in time for christmas or early next year should be realistic so there is light on the horizon.

Now please back to topic to discuss the driver 462.

• “No. No work on the SDK was done this year in the midst of issues that are way more critical as all the work was done last year already.”-> so you had it done last year and never did anything with it, but now there are more important issues so it has to wait. I can see why this company almost went under. There are always issues with everything fanatec does, especially with the firmware updates, i am sure another will come and push it back further.

“Yes, implementing the SDK features into the firmware and then merging such a big topic into the main public release branch is a HUGE task and needs a LOT of internal testing. Due to the aforementioned more critical issues like the CS DD disconnection issue there was simply no time yet to handle other topics like the Xbox features.”-> i can understand that, which is why it is so frustrating that this has been an issue for so many years at any point it could have been addressed, you could have started testing as soon as it was done but that did not happen. It is very convenient that it is finally “done” after all these years but now you have other issues so it has to wait longer. I am sure if this was a playstation issue and gran turismo had no features it would be fixed instantly.

“One day you will get full functionality. And this one day is not too far off now the most critical issue we ever had is solved and the devs can attack other topics - like the Xbox implementation. However, due to huge effort and especially internal testing it takes this wont arrive in the next weeks. But we are not talking about years anymore but only months. As I said, either late this year in time for christmas or early next year should be realistic so there is light on the horizon.”-> Don't piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining, you have been saying this for actual years, it would be the definition of insanity to believe that.

• edited October 10

"I am sure if this was a playstation issue and gran turismo had no features it would be fixed instantly." -> Actually no. GT7 for example is waiting for us to implement the ITM feature on PlayStation for the Gran Turismo Extreme Steering Wheel which also needed to be held back due to the CS DD disconnection issue.

And I have nothing more to add here really. Be happy with my answer or not, up to you, but arguing here wont bring the Xbox features into the firmware any faster. I can understand your frustration but the situation is what it is - the Xbox support will finally come, we are working on it (basically right now) and I gave you a timeline when we might be ready. Thats all we can say to this topic right now.

And now - again - please get back to topic to discuss the driver 462, otherwise this thread might need to be locked due to off-topic again like the original 457 thread did.

• panchokpanchok Member
    edited October 10

I am using the CS DD+, Podium Button Module and the Advance Paddle Module for my XBOX HUB.

The top button of the AdvancePaddle module is still not recognized.

The V3 pedal clutch is also still not recognized by the XBOX.

Will the XBOX clutch pedal and podium button module issues be fixed in the next version?

• Those are known issues, unlikely to be fixed in the next driver as the next driver is already in the pipeline to be released relatively soon. No ETA for these issues yet other than at some point in the future.

• edited October 10

For the first time with this driver I installed the Fanatec Mobile App. When I right click the icon in the notification area there is no IP address. All I see is a list of SIMs, Am I missing a step?

Update: For some reason the app(s) appeared more than once in firewall settings so I simply allowed access on what appeared to be a duplicate entry. Working now.

• Nico ThelenNico Thelen Member
    edited October 10

Same problem in GT7 with FFB. Sometimes it works and sometimes it lost FFB during driving. Wheel reboots by itself and then it works again. Menu and back and it works for some time. Tested also in PS4 Mode

Wheelbase: DD+

Wheel: McLaren GT3 V2

ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.2.3.7 

ClubSport DD(+) WQR: 1.1.0.3 

• edited October 10

This is now likely a hardware issue as all root causes for such disconnections in the firmware are fixed.

Please contact the support.

• I now two other guys who have the problems. So is this a known issue of hardware revisions of the DD+?

• what a shame, very expensive product and issues like this

• edited October 10

When you still get disconnections with the Firmware of 462 then it is a possible hardware issue of a specific part of the base, yes.

• I would really know if the DD+ has a Revision which has known Hardware issues. In our Forum we have now already 4 drivers which Reports the problems

• Sorry to write that, but it can only be a known hardware issue or the driver not fixes it at all. This can not be a coincidence.

• What do you mean?

THe known FIrmware issues are fixed. If you still have disconnection issues, then it is likely a (known) hardware issue of your base and you need to contact the support.

• Ok i tell the other guys that. I have my support case already open for 1 week. Waiting for first response. Sounds that there is one Hardware component which brakes after time. Waiting for support response. Thanks

• @Maurice 

Do you recommend customers on DD+ base firmware 2.0.1.4 from PC Driver 455 and WQR 1.1.0.3 from Hotfix, (Now in 462), update the base found in 462 (2.2.3.7)? My DD+ base is an exchange base that @Marcel graciously offered a while back so my original could be inspected. The exchanged base with the mentioned combo has been working flawlessly. Just wondered if there’s any quality-of-life improvements in 2.2.3.7 that we’d benefit from. I’m only using the base on PS5.

Thanks for the kind support. =)

• edited October 10

The development will move forward from 2.2.3.7 so even though you dont have to update right now you will have to update the firmware at some point in the future anyway to get future products working with the base so at some point you will have no other Choice anyway in the future. But when everything is working right now then there is no real immediate need to update.

• Is it lottery do you get working one or faulty one?

So there is somekind of quality problems with some components at factory?

If that is known issue, is it possible to fix and when it´s totally fixed?

No one want to buy product where is known hardware issues and big possibility to get faulty one and have to contact support which takes forever and all that time is off from time of warranty.

I planned to buy CS DD, but at this state it´s just not an option.

• The driver sent this time has not been integrated with FANALAB yet😣

• edited October 11

What do you mean?

The merge of FanaLab and the Driver wont happen before next year and initially will also not feature everything. This merge is an enourmous Task.

• YIYANG YYIYANG Y Member
    edited October 11

🤣I thought it was recent, I made a mistake

• So the ITM support of DDX SW in GT7 is waiting for you, and FF in GT7 is waiting for PD?

I thought both were PD's responsibility since you should already provided the SDK...

• edited October 11

It's a combination of SDK and Firmware. So even when the SDK is shared with game devs, this doesn't mean everything is up to them. Some things are up to them but some things are also up to us to implement into the Firmware, the ITM Feature for Playstation is one of those things which we also need to implement into the firmware which is not done yet.

• Hi all,

currently I'm running 457 with a DD1 (WB 3.1.07 and WBM 3.0.0.2) is it advisable to upgrade to the latest pc driver, I'm experiencing no issues with the current driver.

Regards,

Peter