Fanatec Driver 442 (Beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi to everybody, :A question, i have just ordered one podium f1 dd1 , when i put the firmware for the first time, it's better to do with the wheel on, or only the base first and after upgrade the firmware of the wheel??? Witch is the correct, to avoid to make a brick...::((((

Thanks in avance

• Unfortunately, we must also consider the many enthusiasts who only think about driving but then absolutely do not know how to carry out any update (whether simple or complicated). I installed the latest driver 442 which has now been temporarily made unavailable, without finding any problem and indeed, it was enough for me to carefully follow the very simple procedure that has been made available for some time by Fanatec.

Everything worked out wonderfully and I must say that the improvements in general are really tangible with regards to the FFB and the general feeling of each car on whatever track it is used.

My system is based on a Podium DD2, v3 pedal set, gearbox and handbrake totally Fanatec... Delighted and satisfied to be part of the Fanatec family 👍️

• I’m having an issue with my PS4 Podium DD1 base. When playing games on the PlayStation 5 the wheel stops responding or disconnects from the base while playing a game. The buttons on the wheel won’t work except the buttons to change the input. The pedals also stop working but the base remains on. It’s just unresponsive. The only way to solve it is to restart the base or change the input from ps5 mode to ps4 compatibility mode. The issue appears to happen after a few minutes of playing regardless of the mode I’m in. I saw someone else post about having the same issue. I did not have this problem while on the 439 driver. I have updated all of my wheels and V3 pedals to the 442 driver. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Hi,

My issue is not strictly related to the new driver, but it is related to the way drivers are talking to Fanatec products, and I guess this forum is as good as any to talk about that (short of opening a support ticket, which is probably not warranted). Please anyone with better knowledge point me to the person to contact with this issue.

I have mentioned the issue before, but now I know the culprit. I still don't understand what's going on, though.

So. I'm a hobbyist racing sim developer, and have been using FFB wheels with my sim for over ten years (using only constant force, updated several hundred times a second, of course). I have recently bought a new gaming pc, and I noticed that on the new pc the FFB on my CSL DD in my own sim behaves differently than on the old pc, even though the sim and the Fanatec software are the same. (The FFB on the new pc is more grainy and less pleasant). But as far as I can tell all other sims (rFactor2, RRRE, iRacing) behave similarly on both PCs.

After a few days of investigation I managed to find the cause, but I'm not much closer to understanding what's going on. I use 3 devices at the same time: Fanatec CSL DD, Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals, and the shifter / button box of a G25 (by plugging in the usb connector of the whole (unpowered) G25). I use all three on the new PC as well, but I have no Logitech or Thustmaster software installed there (pedals and buttons still work), while on the old PC I have drivers for everything.

On the old PC I can reproduce the same FFB as on the new PC _if I unplug the G25_. So it turns out that if I have the G25 plugged in (and Logitech drivers installed), it affects the FFB on my CSL DD, making it actually more pleasant :o.

So, 2 questions:

• how the hell does the Logitech driver affect the FFB sent to the Fanatec wheel and
    • why (as in what does the Logitech software do) is the 'affected' ffb actually smoother?

• Hello , please how I can download 442? i dont se here files.

Thanks for respond.

• From the first post: "Download temporarily removed to prevent further cases of problems with upgrading firmware. We'll implement several measure to prevent an update being possible in an incorrect order as well as clearer instructions on how to perform the update/downgrade correctly including guidance on how to recover a product from a state where it can't get detected anymore."

• When is the link back?

I took a laptop with me from work and can't update the V3 again.

• Once "several measures to prevent an update being possible in an incorrect order as well as clearer instructions on how to perform the update/downgrade correctly including guidance on how to recover a product from a state where it can't get detected anymore" are done and implemented into a new driver.

• edited June 2022

my update went fine, thankfully, looks like a bit of a nightmare when reading this thread.

Anyhow, bug report, in RF2 the ITM does not work, as in it shows the correct ITM, laps/postions etc, but, there is no data.

(edit: confirmed working in other gamers no issues)

I have completely uninstalled, deleted 442 drivers and reinstalled, same result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jFW_YpeyF

• Why isn't this added to the first post of "known issues"?

• Happy but not really happy to see others with this issue. Glad Fanatec now know its a "known issue" .

• It is a good thing too take the driver ofline and implement some changes.

I have a secound batch Dd2.

Before owned clupsport.

Have been updating for many times.

In my case it also went wrong did all the usual thing's to update. So during the process i got the command to remove the wheel (Porche podium wheel was mounted) , clicked continue and on this moment got the error.

Tried forcing but nothing worked.

So tried different drivers nothing worked.

So i took my Bmw v1 wheel and started again. I took the oldest beta driver and started the whole process again ( fan was loud and blowing all of the time by the way and no screen and i could not calibrate when asked).

Afrer a few atempts i could flash the firmware and update the wheel( i never use it and update it).

So took my F1 v2 wheel and tried 442 again ( did it by hand this time).

And it worked without any problem.

Installed my Porche podium and was ready to go.

So maby this helps others.

Sorry for my englisch.

And yes testing 442 gave no problems ...i realy like it it feels more responsive ( faster) better constant torque and more detailed.

Cheers to all.

• I’ve installed 442 on my DD2 with no issues however I can still feel jolts sometimes, first was two days ago driving the Merc f1 in iracing and last night in rf2, however the jolts have always been minor for me, probably because I run my base differently from the recommended settings. I run my base strength at 30% and the game force feedback at 100% this has always felt better for me, so my theory is when you get a jolt on my settings the strength of the jolt is only at 30% strength whereas with the recommended settings the jolt occurs at 100% strength, what do you guys think ?

• hoping the next release has added the fixes for CSL DD

• Definitely not.

The next release will only focus on the "several measures to prevent an update being possible in an incorrect order as well as clearer instructions on how to perform the update/downgrade correctly including guidance on how to recover a product from a state where it can't get detected anymore".

No big updates regarding Firmware for CSL DD is expected for that release.

• Hearing the P DD (Pdiddy) owners loving the 442's is great but also a curse

• Tried to update V3 on two different laptops. Both times it does not work to update from 1.31 to 1.34.

The file is corrupt.

Please correct this before the new release!

• The file is definitely not corrupt.

I just tried to update from 1.30 to 1.34 and it worked fine.

Must be something else which blocks the update for you.

• Base, motor and wheel was no problem. Only the V3....

Can I get the V3 software separately again?

Even if I select FWPedalsUpdater.exe individually, I get an error message that something was not found.

I don't have that with Base, Motor and Wheel Update.exe either.

Would be grateful if I could get the V3 software individually.

• That‘s the problem

• Try to play with nfr i have it around 25% maby it works for you.

• Just chiming in:

DD1 (PS4), V3 via USB

1x Podium Hub, Advanced Paddles, Podium Button Module Endurance

1x MacLaren

Everything updated fine, except for the PBME and the MacLaren. PBME Update crashed immediatly, base turned itself off, and now the Module is toast. nothing works. Tried to recover on a second Podium Hub, but to no avail.

The update for the MacLaren wheel also crashed at the 3% mark. Base also turned off. Now it‘s just recognized as a Ps4 wheel, so it‘s basically dead.

• Any chance to get instructions to resolve device not found?

• I'm posting a comment to keep up to date with the outcome of this.

I updated my drivers while still in Beta form - and although a few issues not recognizing my wheelbase and freezing on both Formula v2 and Podium HUB - I managed to get the mall working again. However, I still have a 'bricked' Endurance Button Module.

The podium hub does not recognise it being plugged in :(

• George LouieGeorge Louie Member
    edited June 2022

Same exact thing happened to me. Hopefully there's a downgrade fix that we can fix it ourselves with. Do we need to file the issue with Fanatec support?

• Is DD2 FFB much stronger in 442 drivers or it's just my imagination? I took LMP1 car for a spin in Assetto Corsa and struggled to turn a wheel :). I didn't change any in-game or Fanalab settings.

• I have the same experience with my CSL DD 8nm and friends of me with a CSL Elite V1.1 and CSW 2.5 also. The FFB is much much stronger with driver 442 compared to the previous drivers.

It also feels like the fine details are lifted and much more defined. I finally was able to get a good feeling with only 75% gain in ACC. In previous drivers i had to set the gain to 85% to get a good feeling for the small details but lost a lot of high speed midcorner feel because of the clipping.

I'm also happy that the weird clonk is finally gone.

442 is a really good driver. Possibly the best driver Fanatec ever made.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Which was the last driver you could update the Formula V2 normally with?

Does the firmware update work normally if you install that old driver again and do a manual flash of the wheel firmware?

This discussion has been closed.