Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Can you also downgrade the QR firmware? I can imagine that they need to be from the same driver to work best together.

• Yves WalzerYves Walzer Member
    edited May 15

Hello @Marcel Pfister

Are you aware of this error?

Since 455 and in the current 457 this problem exists. In combination DD+ and the BMR on the PS5 in GT7.

In GT7 the cursor moves to the bottom left without input on the podium button module rally or any other controller. All buttons of the button module work as intended and mapped.

After starting a race, the view switches to the left of the car an I am unable to change this with any of the button inputs.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30067/podium-steering-wheel-monte-carlo-rally-with-gt7

I hope you can incorporate this into 457 and fix it.

• edited May 15

Hallo,

ich nutze die PS5 zusammen mit der Base GT DD Pro 8 NM, dem CS Steering Wheel V2 und den CS Pedalen V3.

Die Shifter sind für 5-8 Sekunden nicht mehr ansprechbar und man bleibt praktisch im Gang hängen. Nach dieser Zeit knackt es kurz, das Lenkrad wird leicht und man kann wieder weiterfahren. Ein Neustart der Base war bisher nicht erforderlich.

Mal passiert es einmal in 3 Stunden, dann wieder 4 mal innerhalb einer Stunde. Den Verbindungsring habe ich gemäß eurem Video überprüft und und nachgezogen. Meines Erachtens sind diese Aussetzer alleine auf die Software zurückzuüfhren. Im 2. Halbjahr 2023 hatte ich keine Probleme,

erst als neue Treiber kamen und ich aufgrund eines Rigumbaus wieder alles aktualisieren bzw. die Pedale auch kalibrieren musste.

Das gleiche Problem aben auch noch andere in der Liga...

Energiesparmodus der PS5 ist komplett aus. Front USB, Problem tritt aber auch hinten auf.

Ich hab keinen Plan, was ich machen kann. Und daher bitte um Hilfe, damit ich die Hardware endlich wieder normal nutzen kann.

@Maurice Böschen

PC Driver: 455 wurde auf C Installiert, da keine 2. Festplatte vorhanden.

Wheel Base: 1.1.11.3 Serial: GU083041900 +

Wheel Base Motor: 1.0.3.2

Steering Wheel: 47

Wireless QR: 6.0.1.1

Sen: 360

FFB: 95

FFS: PEAK

NDP: 30%

NFR: 5%

NIN: off

INT: 3

FEI: 90

FOR + SPR + DPR: 100 %

SHO: ON

MPS: Auto

BRF: 85

BLI: 80

Da ich technisch nicht so versiert bin, bitte ich um eine genaue Erläuterung was ich machen muss.

Vielen Dank

• hello all.

sorry for been so Harsh.

i have done the downgrade. I only had one instance of base "hanging up". It did not disconnect.

i only did wat was on last page. Did not go all the way to 455. After the link that @marcel gave us.

I saved the gameplay, but do not wat to share it with YouTube. It feels a lot better. Yesterday was not my day. Hope you all can forgive me

I just wish they could put all these upgrades and make it like it’s suppose to be. The best parts of 455,456 and 457. And then get a good one. I have 5-6k€ in my rig and don’t want 10’s of upgrades. I do love Fanatec, and will not try another brand.

Does these problems relate to the wheel from dd pro and extreme not being switchable.

I will be a Fanatec fan forever. But with all that money invested, I do want working equipment.

thank you

"Viddler" on gt7

Love your products!!! ❤️

• Seing this thread and others including on youtube it seems that FW 455 for the base DD+ is working well can we have confirmation from users..

• ScSc Member

no issues with 455/456/457 so far since I’ve received my DD+ on feb 8th.

Just a wild guess:

it seems that many people are using the formula wheel, maybe there’s a bug in the wheel firmware as well?

• I'm using a Clubsport Wheel RS with QR2 on my CSDD base, I have wheel disconnections every minutes. Tried every fw and drivers :(

• 455 base w 457 WQR works great for my DD+ recvd Apr 8. Formula V2 and GT3 PBME are used regualry on PS5. So if your base is working fine this is a good combo. 457 Base felt a bit more numb and less forceful to me

• I want to downgrade to 455 to fix this wheel disconnect issue using Marcel's firmware method on the previous page but the file extracts an EFF file and the updater is expecting a HEX file. Perhap's it just needs to be renamed to a HEX file but I'm a bit reluctant to mess around with the firmware in case I brick it. Any advice? Has anybody tried a full firmware downgrade to 455? I have a CSL DD, CSL Clubsport pedals and a McLaren GT3 V2 wheel.

• Disconnect issue only affects CS DD and that one uses eff firmware files.

Do not even try to flash the CS DD Firmware to a CSL DD please...........

• Faced all of the above issues while upgrading to a 457 from a 455 (very stable) on a CSL DD8NM with CSL V2 pedals and a CS UHV2 wheel, which used to run mostly without issues. I learned the importance of having to CLEANUP the drivers/registry before installing.

Issues i have been facing for the last week or so after upgrading to the 457 and playing with Fanatec recommended settings in every game: Wheel/Buttons disconnects, while the pedals remain active. Did a lap of Donnington Park on ACC, and would lose FFB once every lap, which i assumed was because of the bumps and kerbs i rode on. The unit randomly chooses to loop with Flash firmware popups for the CS Univershal hub V2 component, and I would have to disconnect the wheel and put it back on to clear them. Shifted USB ports to from Back 3.2 to Front 3.2. Even went as far as disonnecting/re-attaching the shaft attached to the base to check if my pins/USB-C (internal) was damaged.

Finally, uninstalled 457 and downgraded back to 455 after runnin CCleaner. Problem still persists, and I am unable to replicate the fair share of working hisory i have had with these solid 455 drivers on Win 11. Hence have switched from Native PC (RED) to Compatibility (YELLOW) mode and have been running without issues for the last 18 hours. No disconnects/ Gear shift misses or loss of FFB so far, and hope to keep it that way. Never again would want to try installing Beta drivers and be the Lab rat/ Tesla driver on Autopilot.

• Message received

• Now I have another question. I am getting random wheel disconnects CSL DD, McLaren GT3 V2 and Clubsport pedals. Starts off with faulty shifts and then no steering, FFB etc for a few seconds then all is well for a few minutes until it happens again. I upgraded to 457 because I was also getting the issue in 456. I never had a problem with 455. Is this the same issue being addressed in this discussion or is the issue specifically being addressed for the CS DD that Maurice referred to? Is there any way I can downgrade to 455 drivers and firmware?

• Mark ParkerMark Parker Member
    edited May 17

Driver 457

April 2024

• When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
    • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)

August 2022

New driver 445 released

• When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
    • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)

Fix applying when?

Or has it been fixed just not removed from known issues?

• No, not secretely fixed yet.

Still under investigation to be fixed at some point in the future. No ETA.

• @Sc Everything is fine for me with 457 and I also use the F1 Wheel. And other steering wheels too. No disconnections. (CS DD). What you mean is the freezing issue when using driver 456 , because of WQR shot-off. This is fixed with the 457 WQR firmware. 455 has recognizing problems with F1 Wheels, 456 WQR Shot-off/wheel freezing and 457 has USB disconnection problems on some wheelbases. Many people confuse the different problems under driver versions. What we can say is: The WQR Firmware 1.1.0.1 is fine for all. This is a problem with base firmware on some bases. And what some dont know: just installing another driver doesn't change the firmware! For people with problems is currently the best soulition to use the WQR Firmware 1.1.0.1 (from457) and Base Firmware from driver 455 2.0.1.4. Just installing the 455 driver doesn't help.

• ScSc Member

@gökhan ogul

thx for clarification.

would be nice to know how many bases are affected. Could be a bad batch of wheelbases since fanatec couldn’t replicate the issues internally.

• With regret I inform you that also my csl dd 5 nm with mclaren v2 wheel.

Crashes during riding sections on Forza motosport.

In particular, the gears are blocked, otherwise it works including ffb.

In some cases it returns after a while... in others the base restarts on its own.

• I encountered three disconnections in GT7 yesterday. I have a DD+ with base at 455 and WQR at 457. This is a different one - no steering, FFB, throttle or button input at all, it’s like the freezing from 457 but does not recover automatically. It’s not like the disconnect from 456 either where you still have steering input but no FFB or buttons. All three disconnects happened while I wasn’t driving - first time was after swapping the wheel while the game was paused, and two times while at the game menu. All three required a restart of the base. I’ll stick with 455 for now because I still haven’t had a freeze or disconnect while driving unlike in 457 and the hotfix

• Hello everyone.

Since a few months I get the freeze issue, but it's not exactly how it's described here, so I wonder if this firmware update would fix it (still waiting for a Window PC to try it).

Every 10-20 minutes the all buttons stop working. Pedals still work and I can steer, but no shifting, pausing etc. Just pedals and steering.

Usually it they resume working after 10-20 seconds, but lately I need to restart the wheel to make it work again.

Is this a common issue that this update should fix it?

Last time I've updated was on February 2 with a friend's PC. Really hope I don't have a hardware issue 😭

• What game are you playing?

And the same problem as my csl dd.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

@ Robin Ryan de Castro

I am curious if you are using front or rear USB port on PS5 or using rest mode on PS5. My issues were mostly solved not using rest mode, using front port on PS5, and powering on wheel after I'm on home screen of PS5. But I've had countless disconnects and several freezes before the wheelbase hotfix below and with all past firmwares and different combinations of firmwares since day one.

GT DD X, PS5, PSVR2 - Driver 457

Wheel FW 1.0.7.0 (from 457)

Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.1 (from 457) + (using metal QR2)

Wheelbase FW 2.1.0.4 "CS_DD_v2.1.0.4_hotfix_disconnection_issue_test_release.eff" manually installed after installing all 457 drivers.

Base S/N:GR01401xxxx

GT DD X Wheel S/N GQ47302xxxx

But I do still have slight coil whine on base, lots of loud coil whine on wheel display at times when booting up especially, and graininess on FFB, not totally smooth and not sure if normal or not. Wheel is ok now so far but seems like I have more problems than other people so I think it's going back for RMA so they can test the base anyways. I bought it first day of public release and had it within 2 weeks so it's an early unit.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member
    edited May 18

Another thing I should mention that I have not yet, when I have PSVR2 on, and on my head, and when powering on GT DD X, I can hear a clicking or interference type sound coming through the earbuds on PSVR2. I do wonder if that's normal. It's just for a split second and goes away and doesn't come back.

• Since upgrading my CSL DD, McLaren GT3 V2 and CS P V3 to driver version 456 and then to 457 I have been unable to race due to faulty shifts followed shortly by loss of FFB and steering. I can uninstall the 457 drivers and reinstall 455 but what can I do about the firmware? Between 455 and 457 the only change to the firmware is on the base (1.1.11.3 to 1.2.0.9). How can I revert the base firmware back to 1.1.11.3? Surely I just need the hex binary file but I don't know where to find it. Somebody suggested compatability mode would help but it doesn't for me.

• edited May 19

@BWX 232

I never use rest mode and I’m using the front usb port. I was thinking of going back to 456 for the WQR but I’ve been sent an experimental WQR firmware to test with the base at 457. I bought mine also on launch day in February. No coil whine at all.

• I haven't updated my base yet to (456 and 457). But anyway I have the gear lock on Forza Moto Sport. I noticed that on ACC the problem is smaller. I play with CSL DD and McLaren V2

• Hello, has anyone already tested the new driver with a CSW V2.5 and can tell me if I can update without problems or tell me if there is a reason not to change to the new driver? 

So far I have stayed on version 451 and everything runs without problems, but I would like to use the new Fanalab version

• @Fabrizio Rinaldi: this is driver 456 problem only. Read my post above! It's a different bug to 457!!

Everyone here is talking about different driver problems from oldest to brand new! This topic is only for driver 457!!! That's why we can't get any further.

• Hi. I want to confirm that the BMW M3 GT4 wheel is compatible with my CS DD+ base. I did not see the answer in the latest driver notes. Thanks!