Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• edited May 11

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CS DD+ S/N GR104008xxx

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): GT Extreme Wheel and McLaren V2 wheel

Driver Version: 457

Base FW Version: 2.1.0.3

Wireless QR: 1.1.0.1

Wheel FW Version: as per wheel

FanaLab Version: 2.01.32

PC use only.

Iracing and Dirt 2 tested.

Have been running RC v457 for a week now and have had no issues.

While you should not have to do this, suggest that you always do a 'clean' install when changing drivers...

In windows go to serttings/Apps and remove all FANATEC software (drivers and Fanalabs)

Reboot PC

Install new driver and Fanalabs - probably good to reboot after this.

Then test new environment...

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member
    edited May 11

For my DD+ on PC I decided to try all drivers 455-7 with USB types on my computer again. I had been using 457 and USB 2.0 as although I have read it should be USB 3.0 it seemed to be the best disconnection/recovery combination overall from testing. I first went to the combination that originally worked for 4 weeks.

USB 3.2 with 455 (each time manually updating only the base firmware; all other firmware from 457). This disconnected and didn't recover FFB. It also didn't recover on 456 & 7. It made no difference to the disconnect frequency of about 5-6 every 20 minutes.

I then tried USB 3.0 starting with 457 and working back. Within an hour all 3 had disconnected multiple times but I noticed 455 was recovering every time which it didn't before. I decided to extend the 455 test. On the next switch on it disconnected twice at the start and then it didn't do it again. Next time I used it, it was fine for 15 minutes disconnected and then good for another 25mins.

Last night I did championship races which with practice was spread over about 2.5 hours. No disconnects. This morning I have done another 90mins without disconnect.

I have done many things to try to resolve but can't really pin down why it has improved so much from before.

Things I've done that I think made no difference.

I have tried different power sockets, turned off USB power saving and set computer to max performance. Reinstalled some games and Simhub. Removed Fanalabs although it probably would be fine but I don't want to risk anything while it seems this good. Tried older Graphics card drivers but am now back to the newest.

Things that may have made a difference.

Used Revo uninstall tool to uninstall Fanatec Control Panel and remove registry entries before installing each driver. Also used CCleaner to clean the registry on my computer to get rid of all other registry issues. Reverting back to USB 3.0 and driver 455.

I think maybe I had more than 1 issue that was making it hard to find. Also strange that my original configuration still doesn't work.

Has still happened on this configuration so not 100% confident but it seems much better.

• For me the same with cs dd. No problems at all with driver 457. I use Only on pc. And did a clean install of the Fanatec software. I play acc and LMU

• sons of bitches!!!

• I hope Corsair will fire all of you lil cock suckers

• Bye.

• edited May 11

@Maurice Böschen

du bist der größte Hund von denen, erzählst den ganzen Tag nur das was die Leute hören "sollen" aber mal ein paar richtige Informationen raus hauen das ist zu viel verlangt? Ihr lasst eure Kunden im dunkeln, und das ist total ASOZIAL. Genau wie euer verhalten uns gegenüber, ihr verlangt von uns das wir eure Arbeit machen? Testet ihr überhaupt irgend etwas? Dich habe ich schon lange gefressen, und bete das wir uns niemals im real life sehen werden, ich wüsste nicht wie ich da reagieren würde, du kleiner Hund Du!!!

...und komig., wenn ich so was schreibe krieg ich instant ne Antwort, aber meine ganzen anderen Fragen hast du ignoriert !!!

• Das ist schon armselig... Manoman.

Man wird sich um dich kümmern und dich nett des Forums verweisen. Soetwas brauchen wir hier nicht.

• schon erledigt, und auf das „um dich kümmern“ bin echt mal gespannt als würde ich noch hier Forum freiwillig bleiben 😂🤣😂

Viel Spaß noch all denen die sich hier mit diesen unfähigen Leuten rumschlagen müssen.

• @ Maurice Boschen

Please ban that ahole coward, @Benjamin Bartnik, immediately! We don't need people like that here!!!

• Done. ;)

• So the new Xbox SDKs are already in the hands of Fanatec and we need to update the drivers? I hope it is before the end of the year, thank you.

• edited May 11

SDK is in the hands of developers and first ones have implemented it already. So yes, now it's up to implement the SDK features into the firmware which is scheduled for this year, if StaRUG doesn't change these plans.

• Are you already putting your hands forward?

The xbox sdk must be prioritized by StaRUG..

Otherwise CORSAIR won't have xbox customers...

• Maurice Böschen any news on the pedal firmware showing has 0 fix

• Hello guys, I would be interested to know if someone has tested the driver 457 on the CSL DD and what experiences have been made?

• Don CollinsDon Collins Member
    edited May 11

@ Leandro

That's like saying Fanatec doesn't have any Xbox customers, which is blatantly false.

The first thing Corsair needs to do is to prioritize its customer service. The Xbox sdk will get taken care of when it gets taken care of.

• @Maurice Boschen. I don’t know if this will help at all. I have been running 457 in the wheel and QR and 456 in the base of my DD Extreme. I just had a total loss of control and it returned a few seconds later but the wheel felt different. So I went into the settings and most of them were missing. I only had the option to change FFB, Full Force and I think it was FEI of the main settings. Spring effect was still there and MPS. I had to restart the wheel to get the rest back and it has completely reset my settings. It wasn’t able to recall them on startup from the memory.

• Has disconnection, been replaced internally (fanatec staff) yet?

• I may have found something in the FLControl.log file from Fanalab. I think my wheel froze/disconnected after I quit out of an iRacing session, and it seems like it could be due to the wheel not being able to access a "Recommended FFB Settings" file.

PCXmlFileWheelSettings::PwsRecommendedProfileDuplicateLocally | Failed! The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\settings\5_0\Recommended FFB Settings - CS DD+ (iR).pws' because it is being used by another process.

WindowMain::PrivateUnhandledExceptionHandler | Message: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070008) From: Void ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr) HResult -2147024888

• In theory that could tie in with what I found yesterday. If there is some sort of memory read failure then in theory the disconnects could be the result or even a fail safe.

• Stefano CoccoStefano Cocco Member
    edited May 12

Sad story still unsolved... 😔

I had already recently written about the problems encountered with my Podium DD2 after updating to the 457 driver. Until the previous 456 I had never encountered any problems with my motor base. Once the latest driver was installed, the disconnections began, more and more frequently, while I was intent on driving, both on iracing and on other driving simulation games. I therefore decided to follow the instructions to perform a downgrade and bring the Podium DD2 back to the previous configuration, with the 456 driver and the various firmware versions that had never caused me problems. Everything seemed to be resolved when instead just yesterday, during my participation in a 4-hour endurance race, the same disconnection problem occurred again, with the steering wheel obviously no longer responding and the consequent loss of the FFB and the trajectory which caused damage to my car. Once the car was repaired, I returned to the track but again after a few laps a new disconnection occurred, practically almost at the same point as the previous one and then again, in an increasingly shorter time, yet other disconnections which unfortunately forced me to abandon the competition.

My current setup (with repeated disconnection) is:

PC Drivers: 456

Firmware

Wheel base: 3.1.0.7

Wheel base motor: 3.0.0.2

Steering Wheel: 47

Wireless QR: 7

My previous setup (without any problem):

PC Drivers: 456

Firmware

Wheel base: 3.0.4.4

Wheel base motor: 3.0.0.2

Steering Wheel: 47

Wireless QR: 7

So even though I went back to the previous 456 driver I still experience disconnection problems, perhaps because in addition to the driver I would have to go back to the base firmware 3.0.4.4 that was previously installed when I updated to the 456 for the first time. Currently, in fact, the Fanatec Wheel Base firmware is still 3.1.0.7. What procedure should I follow to be able to downgrade only this firmware from version 3.1.7.0 to the previous 3.0.4.4? Could I perhaps use the "Manual Firmware Update/Reset Device" option or follow the normal downgrade option instead?

I hope someone can help me resolve my doubts... maybe even @Maurice Böschen or @Marcel Pfister. So what could I do to fix it?

• Ovidiu LupeanOvidiu Lupean Member
    edited May 12

Someone said in the comments and I find it logical. When having a solid base without symptoms to make assumptions over hardware issues, like strange noises and behavior, when update to a new driver make sure the current driver is uninstalled completely. And fresh install the latest driver and the firmware. Maybe something remains from older driver and cause strange behaviors like these pesky USB disconnections.

Maybe in my case I was lucky and because I upgrade my system with fresh OS and drivers installation the system is much cleaner. I have Windows10 installed.

I have installed 456 and firmware and with it I got wheel disconnection(not USB disconnection, just the wheel, problem from 456 resolved in 457) and after going with a fresh install of 457 and firmware I have no problems with my CSD DD+.

I suggest to people which having disconnections on PC to go full OS reinstall and the latest drivers for the MB, etc.

• Hi guys. The SDK thing could also disappear into thin air. Could you try to give us the finished SDK in 459, or is it a long-winded process to add it in? At the moment it's hard to know what will happen, so I thought you could give us the SDK before STARUG, so that Xbox people can finally see what it's like with functioning hardware.

• The SDK does not need to be implemented into any driver. It needs to be implemented by the games.

What needs to be implemented into the firmware (not driver) are the features of that SDK so the SDK can communicate with the firmware. This is planned for hopefully this year. No more concrete ETA or driver version can be given at this point. Definitely not before StaRUG as from what you can read online this seems to be done this month and this month there wont be any new firmware with the Xbox features included. Also not next month. This definitely still takes some months.

• Is the Podium Rally Button module able to work with Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 with this firmware? I've been waiting for months.

• My DD+ running on firmwares included in 457 has a rare freeze problem. I had no freeze when using firmwares included in 455. It happens very rare, like 1 time in 2 weeks ( I play about 1hr a day). But today it happened in my league race and destroyed the car, very disappointed.

The wheel's input would freeze for 3-5 seconds and return to normal.

Wheelbase: DD+ (Serial number: ZSF048300300xxxx)

Wheel: Clubsport Formula V2.5 F1 2023 limited edition

Firmware: All included in 457

Game: GT7 on PS5

Connection: Original cables in the package. Connected to USB-A port in front of PS5.

My base also has coil whine and scratchy vibration.

• edited May 12

Victor: No. There is no ETA when the BMR will be supported on Belt Bases. Work is ongoing but wont be finished soon. Hopefully this year..

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member

Latest on my DD+. Not totally cured. Disconnected twice yesterday which was about 3-4 hours of play. Happened again today once but in about 2 hours of play. Still not ideal but a lot better than twice a lap as it was just over a week ago.

• YIYANG YYIYANG Y Member

Hello Maurice , many CSDD+users have recently encountered disconnection issues while playing GT7. There are almost no problems playing on the computer, whether it's driver issues or game related issues. Our voice cannot reach Sony, we need your help, otherwise everyone will think it is a device issue. If it is Sony's problem, we hope FANATEC can communicate it to them and let them fix the bug.