Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited May 13

Igor Fraga‘s DD+ encountered the same input freeze problem as me, during his Nations Cup livestream: https://www.youtube.com/live/my-NOGPcF4g?si=d39Ew2zL87Ad4gQS around 23:24.

Funny thing was he immediately switched to DD Pro after that race, on live.

• How can he switch to GT DD Pro while still using the GT Extreme steering wheel which is not compatible with GT DD Pro?

edited May 13

Well, maybe I was not looking closely enough, my bad. But still, the input freeze problem he encountered and I had described in last page still exists, they were identical. From my experience, the problem will return at some totally unexpected random moment and ruin the race. Hopefully not on the GTWS show two months later.

Personally I have flashed my DD+'s firmware back to the one included in driver 454 while others like WQR, wheel's firmware maintain the ones from 457 to see if it'll solve this well-hidden glitch.

• I think this freeze issue is a really nasty one.

When the freeze happened, all signal inputs like throttle, steering, brake would remain in the state they were in when the issue occurred, a few seconds later they returned to normal. There will be no disconnection.

So if the freeze occurred in the straights, people might only describe it as "miss-shift", since other inputs were totally fine. Only in the corners, this issue can be felt clearly, and of course, race ruined.

For me this issue was very rare. But as I said above, it could be that I have only encountered it 2 times in corners, perhaps it has occurred on straights or in the game menu multiple times that I was simply not aware of as well.

• I encountered that nasty disconnect/freeze three times in the 2 days my DD+ was on 457 (about 3 hours of use). It’s been 11 days since I flashed it back to 455 (with the WQR still at 457) and not a single disconnect.

• That's very good to know!

• Personnaly, 455 or 457, clean install, I'm still getting disconnections. About 1 every minute or so. Sometimes I'm lucky and I get almost 30min without one but when it comes back, it's every minute afterwards. It's unplayable :(

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member

Well my respite was short lived. Went into tonight's race leading championship but will now likely be well back. No FFB or buttons from lap 1. Luckily I had my Fanatec shifter although even that has to be held in place with an elastic band and metal edge grip as after just over a year and a half and very little use it is another quality Fanatec product that doesn't lock properly in sequential mode.

After 13 days waiting for my first RMA response it is now another 7 days since I responded with no answer. At this rate I may get it resolved by Christmas. Think I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a different base. It may or may not be as good but at least if I have a problem I will get it sorted quickly at other companies.

With my Faulty Heusinkveld brake pedal they were even responding to me on a Sunday and in 9 days I had a replacement pedal fitted in my rig. It is over 9 days per email here.

• Toby BladesToby Blades Member
    edited May 13

Hi! 

I took the recommended settings for the DD Pro and these are the endresults i am running with at the moment: 

Wheelbase: CS DD+ s/n GR493008xxx

FW:

base 2.1.0.3

QR 1.1.0.1

FFB - 100

NDP - 30

NFR - Off

NIN - Off

INT - 1

FEI - 100

FOR - 100

SPR - 100

DPR - 100

ACC PS5 ingame: 

Gain - 50

Damping - 50

Road effects etc. - 0

Frequency - Highest possible number

Using supplied cable into back USB on ps. Very rare disconnects, maybe once per 10h play.

Check out this clip! T_blades streaming Assetto Corsa Competizione!  https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedRenownedMangetoutImGlitch-kOnkt1txBoZbZJeE

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

[quote]Check out this clip! T_blades streaming Assetto Corsa Competizione! https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedRenownedMangetoutImGlitch-kOnkt1txBoZbZJeE [/quote]

That looks like almost the exact same freeze I had in GT7/ PS5 with all 457 Firmwares on GT DD X. I was also plugged into the back of PS5 USB for the first time to test that out.. but I was using sleep mode on PS5 at the time.

I changed out the wheelbase FW only to the "CS_DD_v2.1.0.4_hotfix_disconnection_issue_test_release.eff", also went back to front USB on PS5, and I do not use sleep mode on PS5, and problem has not happened again since then.

Different PS5 game but looks like same freeze bug. Angle of wheel it froze at and everything. Except mine recovered after that in GT7 and I was able to continue as if nothing happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8deM7WUNE

• This is exactly the same as me and Igor Fraga.

This glitch is hard to reproduce since nobody knows how to trigger it. It seems completely random, but it's lethal when in the corners.

From the feedback in this post, it seems that the firmware included in 457 is the reason, and the hotfix fixed it. I haven't seen a similar case with driver 454, 455 or 456.

• @Raymond Xu

After 457 I tried the hotfix and still got the freeze/disconnect that’s why I went back to 455.

• Wheel Base: CS DD+ 4930122xx

Steering Wheel: McLaren GT3 V2 and other wheels

Driver: 457 and 455

Base FW: 2.1.0.3 and 2.0.1.4

WQR FW: 1.1.0.1 and older Version 455

Wheel FW: 47

FanaLab: No

Use: PC ACC (90%) and PS5 GT7

Cable: Original

Everything went well with driver 455 for several weeks, then the steering wheel completely failed in ACC on the PC. I had to restart Base and ACC every time, then it worked for 1-5 minutes until the next failure. I updated to driver 457 (Wheel Base, WQR). Since then I have had the FFB fail every few minutes, the steering wheel shows the Fanatec logo, the pedals work and the FFB comes back after a few seconds. I have this failure on both the PC and the PS5. Cable etc. Original.

Then i went back to driver 455 (completely deleted and reinstalled) and reset the base to FW 2.0.1.4. let WQR on FW 1.1.0.1. Ran for 5 minutes, then complete failure and the base got stuck in update mode. Then I had to reinstall driver 457 and set the base FW back to 2.1.0.3. Now I have the FFB failure again every few minutes, immobile...

edited May 14

@Robin Ryan de Castro Noted. Then I think this one needs to be addressed by Fanatec.

Frankly speaking, I don't think this one should be called a "disconnection". This "freeze" doesn't cut the connection between the base and the console and will return to normal without the need to restart the base manually. So I think we should call it a "freeze" to differentiate between this and the infamous disconnection issue.

• Wow that is similar.

Yeah, if you look closely it looks like my wheel might have also recovered but I'd already started panicking and pressed the power button ro reset. So looks exactly the same.

I understand why so difficult to reproduce. Very intermittent i played a full week, no issues. Then a couple hits in the next.Don't expect a quick fix either because of that. But hopefully all the information here helps.

Isntalled hot fix now. Let's see.

• I don't know if it helps but I have the following experience and setup:

CS DD+ on PC playing only ACC for now. With 455 I had no issues, with 456 my wheel disconnected(problem known and fixed in 457). With 457 I have no USB disconnections and any kind off issues.

My settings in driver: SEN: 900 FFB: 100 FUL: 50 NDP: 50 NFR, NIN, INT: OFF FEI:100 FOR: 100 SPR: OFF DPR: 100

In game: GAIN: 40 Damper: 45 Dynamic Damping: 100 Steering Lock: 900

• Having suffered the wheel disconnections with my GT Extreme DD+, I installed 457 and am now suffering the wheel freezes, intermittently, roughly after every hour.

What is this hotfix people are talking about and where is it? is that 457?

• @James Smalley End of page 8. Try it.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited May 14

For everyone who wanted to go back to the CS DD firmware of driver 455

we've found a workaround because the straight downgrade doesn't seem to work when wanting to go from 457 to 455.

1. FW is up to date with driver 457
    2. Download and extract attached firmware file
    3. Open the Firmware Manager
    4. Switch to manual update mode in the top right
    5. Click on Wheel Base Firmware Update
    6. In the Updater use the 3-dots button to browse the extracted firmware file 2.1.0.0
    7. Flash Firmware
    8. Then install 455
    9. Manual update to firmware included in 455, this time using the firmware 455 chooses instead of browsing one.

Would be interesting to know if the disconnection problems go away after downgrading to 455.

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member
    edited May 14

@Marcel Pfister

I have been back on 455 since Friday. To do it I uninstalled Software 457 and installed 456. I then manually flashed that firmware. Then I uninstalled 456 and installed 455 and then it let me manually flash 455 to the base.

For the first hour it froze 5-6 times. Then Friday to Sunday it did it 1-2 times a day. Every freeze recovered. Then last night it happened regularly again and in two races dropped completely leaving me with no buttons or FFB without powering off. Then today I had no FFB from the start and had to reflash 455 to get it back.

• Hello.

I have a few issues.. I ordered the Podium Porsche gt3 wheel with some other things. Ordered 2 bases. The gt dd pro and dd+. Later cancelled the dd+ and went for the dd Extreme.

The Wheel worked fine on the gt dd pro. :) Got my first dd Extreme and had to send it back due to bad coil whine. So I got a new dd extreme and was super excited. Used my McLaren wheel on it for a while. 

When I plugged in my Porsche wheel, weird things started happening. Left joystick was all completely opposites. Up was down etc.. buttons seem to have dibble functions and some even pressed themselves.

I was trying to read up on all this on the forum. And have patiently been waiting for this great 457 update to hopefully fix all this stuff. Updated everything and everything is kinda messed up. Now the base disconnects and the wheel is still the same.

Last time Fanatec replaced my base, ups sent me a bill of almost 100 euro.. 938 Norwegian kr.

I started a ticket for the wheel, and are afraid to do something wrong by going back to 456 or 455 and bricking it. I can not afford to keep sending this back n forward due to Fanatec releasing untested drivers and firmware. So now..disconnection and not a working Podium wheel seems to be my new standard in my simracing world. Wish your next update will be an old update.

• edited May 14

@Vidar

My Podium Porsche wheel behaves the same on my DD+. Left analog stick is inverted and pressing X also presses square and vice versa. But other that those issues, it is totally usable. Rev leds work, flag leds work (on PC), ITM display, funkyswitch, toggle switches, APM paddles all work even in GT7. Follow the steps Marcel posted to downgrade to 455

• @ Marcel Pfister

I tried it, first installing FW 2.1.0.0 and then driver 455.

I tested it first, everything worked for 20 minutes, then the FFB misfired again about once per round.

FW update carried out to 2.0.1.4 and I couldn't even get out of the box, not only permanent FBB failure but also all buttons not working.

• @Marcel Pfister

I've tried you FW but it's still exactly the same, for me. No matter what driver/firmware I install.

Losing FFB every minutes. Sometimes even every few seconds :'(

Still waiting for an answer from my support ticket opened 08/05.

• No. He says he hopes it takes care of the problem…

Hopes??? Omg..

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

GT DD X, PS5, PSVR2 - Driver 457

Wheelbase FW 2.1.0.4 "CS_DD_v2.1.0.4_hotfix_disconnection_issue_test_release.eff" manually installed after installing all 457 drivers.

Wheel FW 1.0.7.0 (457)

Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.1 (457)

Just played another few hours tonight and no problems..

Using front USB on PS5, also not using sleep mode on PS5.

Powering on wheel after PS5 boots up and on home screen.

FFB setting today:

GT7 FFB

top FFB slider - 3

bottom slider - 10

On wheel:

SEN 720

FFB 85

FUL OFF

NDP 30

NFR OFF

NIN OFF

INT 5

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR, DPR OFF

Felt really good, nice feel around center, also builds up weight nice on corners. No freezing or disconnects so far. 4 or 5 days playing. Lots of hours. Was also using PSVR2.

I still need to remove base from my rig to get SN. Gonna do that soon. But I ordered wheel on day one and was one of the first batches going out. Delivered 2 weeks after order.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

Marcel Pfister I couldn't send or respond to PM again in forum.. So check out post above. I figured out how to install that FW last week.

• @Vidar

Nowhere in his post does he say that he hopes it will take care of the problem.

Up to you if you don’t want to downgrade to 455 despite having disconnect/freeze issues after updating to 457 He already posted the procedure to make it easy for anyone who wants to downgrade.

• However, it doesn't work, at least not for everyone...

• @Marcel Pfister, I back dated to 455 in the base and 457 everything else on Monday and so far haven’t had any disconnects at all. My son has been using it too because I have just bought a VR headset so it’s getting around 5 hours use a day. I only noticed when I went back to 455 that the FFB had felt muted for lack of a better way to explain it. Almost like the “base” (music reference) had been lowered. I can feel details in the track that I wasn’t feeling again. I must admit I hadn’t noticed it until I went back to 455 though. I can’t say with any confidence if it was the same on 456 and 457 though.