Fanatec Driver 454 (prev 453 CS DD Release Driver) for CSL, CS and Podium DD WB (all wheels)

Comments

• I returned to 451 driver, and feeling so much better than 454 driver. idk, but this weird friction feel was gone. Something wrong with this driver.

• Totally agree, 451 so far is the most efficient for me as well.

• CSL DD 8nm owner:

My experience with 454 has not been good, all low FFB effects are massively increased despite the settings being the same, my entire rig is vibrating and making a lot of noise, even just from revving the car,

This is in AMS2 with custom ffb profile.. with the default profile it is not as bad but still way more than before.

of course I can increase the INT filter in the fanatec control panel even more but instead I went back to 451 and used the firmware manager undo the firmware updates.

But now I'm completely lost.. because the problem still remains even tough it was fine just before the update and I changed nothing else..?

• This update totally broke my DD1/PC.

I updated from driver 451 and Fanalab 1.69.7 to these latest ones.

Immediately Fanalab wouldn't recognise my wheel and pedals were plugged in. I checked in Fanatec Control Panel and it showed my Fanatec gear, and said there were firmware updates available. So I attempted to update the firmware, and it failed. The base turned off and just the white light on the back button was flashing. I turned off and back on at the power point, and luckily it turned back on.

I then uninstalled and re-installed the newest drivers. Same issue. Fanalab didn't recognise my DD1/pedals.

I then uninstalled everything and installed Fanalab 2.00.09 with the drivers, and it still wouldn't recognise my DD1/pedals.

I then uninstalled and re-installed the latest again, still wouldn't work. Tried the FW update again, failed in the same way.

Tried different USB port, same issue.

I then reverted back Fanalab 1.69.7 and driver 450 and again it still wouldn't see my DD1/Pedals.

I then restored Windows to the point before I attempted to update the drivers this morning, and now I'm back on Fanalab 1.69.7 and driver 451 and everything is working again.

I don't know what the issue was with this driver, but it totally broke everything for me.

• There has been a recent update 1.5.3 I think.aybe they changed something in the fb/physics. Have you played each day? Maybe the last time you played was 451+1.5.2?

• Maurice,

I am looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Fanatec Podium DD2 (plugged directly into PC via USB/ no hubs)

Any wheel I use (Fanatec Formula V2.5 LE 2018 & Xbox Universal Hub)

Driver 454

Base Firmware 3.0.3.6

Wheelbase Motor 3.0.0.2

Steering wheel 47

Wireless QR 7

Fanalab Version 2.02.12 installed on C Drive

Over the past few months, I have noticed that in iRacing, I get a random glitch, alwasy in a race session that causes the steering wheel to not respond in game for about a second or so. This happens every time I do any sessions upon initial power up of my base and at an intermittent time during the race session. After the glitch happens, I notice that the DD2 OLED screen changes from the default screen I have selected in Fanalab to one of the other screens showing information about the base such as temperature, or torque etc. Also, when using my funky switch in game, it starts changing the DD2 OLED screen being displayed. but will not cycle through all the possible screens.

The fix is that I just have to power the base off and then back on and once again my default OLED screen I have selected in Fanalab is displayed on the DD2 and I am no longer able to switch what it is displayed on the DD2 OLED by using the funky switch. Once I have "fixed" this issued by doing the reboot it doesn't happend again, until my next play session.

I have owned this product since 2021 and this has just now started happening in the past few months or so, with no other changes on my equipment other than the usual computer and Fanatec driver and firmware upgrades.

• Hey, from Xbox Xire website https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/10/11/designed-for-xbox-racing-wheels/:

" Fanatec offers a wide range of racing setups with their modular system. Start your own racing setup with the ClubSport Universal Hub v2 for Xbox as your framework. Then, add any of the wide range of wheel rims or a steering wheel and complete your build with any combination of Fanatec wheel bases and pedals.

Preconfigured combinations are also available. The CSL DD Ready2Race McLaren Elite Bundleincludes the CSL DD 5Nm Direct Drive Wheel Base, a set of CSL Pedals, and a detailed reproduction McLaren GT3 V2 Steering wheel – like those found in McLaren GT3 race cars. Wheel profiles and Force Feedback will be available at game launch. Bespoke buttons and digital displays will be activated in an upcoming Fanatec wheel firmware update. "

When will this update be released?

• The SDK is in development and scheduled to be ready next year together with a new Firmware which enables the features in the Firmware.

In the end it's then up to the game developers to implement the SDK into their games via game patches to support the new features.

• The firmware update appears to have bricked my BME; nothing on the LED, no button presses, not recognized by the base or firmware updater. "Button Module Firmware Update Recovery" reboots my base to a blank display, but then errors out. Reverting to v451 does not fix this.

DD2 with 3.0.0.2 motor firmware, 3.0.3.6 base firmware, podium hub firmware v6, quick release firmware v7

• Fixed :)

1. Remove the wheel using the QR
    2. Unplug the BME from the podium hub with the USB-C-like connection on the bottom
    3. Re-attach the wheel
    4. Open v454's firmware manager
    5. Click 'downgrade' at the top
    6. Select the v356-415-compatible firmwares and click OK
    7. Uninstall the fanatec driver
    8. Install v356 from the "Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2" or separately
    9. Install all the firmware updates/downgrades, *including for the podium hub*'
    10. Uninstall
    11. Install v454 again
    12. install all firmware updates, *including for the podium hub*
    13. remove the wheel with the QR
    14. plug in the BME
    15. re-attach the wheel
    16. click 'manual firmware update/device recovery'
    17. Recover the BME - it'll now be on the new firmware :)

If you leave the BME plugged in the whole time, for some reason the drivers detect a DD2 with a PS4 CSL DD wheel attached :/

• Update on my issue, I can confirm it will happen more than once in a play session. I need to downgrade this is ridiculous. I should have saved my money on black friday to invest in a new eco system instead of buying more Fanatec shit. Sick of it! If anyone wants to buy a DD2, 2018 LE Formula V2.5 w advanced Podium shifters, Universal Hub with GT wheel, Nascar Podium wheel with podium hub, let me know. Local pickup I'm in the US in the Kansas City area. What are the instructions to downgrade again? Looks like I will also be going back to 451.

• Maurice,

Here are the logs, the one above is an old one apparently. Sorry for the mistake. The DD2 OLED goes from the selected default screen in FANALAB with my gears, position etc, to the generic FANALAB home screen after the glitch happens. I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff as I've had Fanatec since 2017. But enough is enough. I submitted a support ticket as well.

• Yes 451 is still the best driver so far for me, but the problerm with the lack of power on transitions still exists.

I do have the 8nm but this is the bigger issue of the CSL DD from the beggining.

As an irl drifter i choosed the 8nm version but at the transitions the motor cannot keep the power there.

There is a sudden loss every time.

I don't know and i am not sure if it's a driver thing or something else though.

• Maybe your base is clipping. Set on the Fanatec driver the ffb to 100%, and don't go over 70% in game.

• i not feel nothing strange at csl dd. are you using something else?

but there seems multi reports that after update load sell pedals not work anymore

• "The [Xbox] SDK is in development and scheduled to be ready next year together with a new Firmware which enables the features in the Firmware." (emphasis mine)

Maurice, can you please clarify whether you are making this statement as a Fanatec employee (thus making this the company's official current stance on the matter)?

Or are you merely stating your personal opinion regarding what you think will happen?

• edited November 2023

It is no secret that the Xbox SDK is officially in development and from the current looks it wont be ready this year, so I guess more likely next year, but thats pretty much guaranteed, yes.

It is definitely the case that in the end it will be up to each game to implement the SDK via a game patch. It will not be possible to get LEDs, Display and more Buttons working in old games which do not have the SDK implemented via a game patch.

• Ok, so it's your personal opinion that it will be ready next year. Understood, thanks.

• Does anybody have an idea what can i do? I dont get an QR Firmware Update on the CS DD?!

• edited November 2023

As I already said: That very likely indicates an issue with the QR Module and you should contact the support, also because of the coil whine.

• I uninstalled the Driver again, and now it works. :) But i contact the Support tomorrow because the wierd sound :/

• edited November 2023

Hallo zusammen,

seit dem Update 454 wird meine Podium DD1 erst nach dem ca. 5-6 mal Neustart vom PC erkannt.

Ich muss es dann immer vom Strom nehmen weil es auch nicht mehr ausgehen will.

Es kommt sonst immer eine Fehlermeldung das dass USB Gerät nicht richtig erkannt wurde.

Aktuelle Treiber des Mainboards sind drauf.

Anderen USB Port auch schon getestet.

Erst nach mehrmaligem Versuchen wird die Base inkls Mclaren Lenkrad erkannt.

Neuinstallation wurde bereits mehrfach probiert.

@scott Bedford scheint das gleiche Problem zuhaben.

Vor dem Update nie Probleme gehabt.

• No it's not, i already have it at 100% on control panel and in game i usually go from 50% to 70%.

But when the wheel make a full turn it doesn't keep the torque as it should (like loosing the ffb).

And for drifitng this is very important.

• Because the base is clipping, I know this feeling, and that was the reason, why I move to DD1. :)

• Yannis BolosYannis Bolos Member
    edited November 2023

You mean the motor? It doesn't have enough power to keep the torque?

It's like the motor is cutting forces.

• The motor does have enough power to keep the advertised holding torque basically forever.

This discussion has been closed.