Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• edited July 21

It IS a fake message if you have a CSL DD or GT DD Pro. If you have a different Base then the wheel is bricked and you should contact the support.

There was a known issue of driver 455 that on CSL DD and GT DD Pro it will show EVERY wheel as FW v0 which is fixed with the newer drivers.

• Hello everyone, since yesterday my clubsport pedal v3 is no longer recognized on my Xbox. I tried to connect it to my PC and there it is recognized and the pedals work normally. What is the problem ? Thanks in advance.

• Then you issue is something else but not that the Firmware is v0. That's a false message from the driver 455.

If you still think that your wheel is FW v0 then you have to update to.driver 457 to verify this as your Feedback based on driver 455 is useless as it does not represent the current driver branch.

• I reflash on 457 but don't working the steering wheel

• The you need to contact the support.

• It all seems very strange to me. It looks like the software is trying to flash the wheel, but it doesn't actually do it and stays with v0. The wheel doesn't respond if I connect it to the PS5, but if I connect it to the PC, it is detected both in Fanalab and in the Fanatec Control Panel. And if I go into the tuning menu, I can see the settings! If it were bricked, I don't think it would be detected at all, right? Is there no hard reset or factory reset?

• No, there is no hard reset.

I also dont fully understand your issue what is exactly not working. On PS you need to press the PS button to assign the device to your PS Account. Only then the wheel woild work.

As said, when the Software wants to constantly Flash the wheel Firmware, even with driver 457, then it's no longer a Software but a hardware issue as the Software issue was only present in driver 455 and is definitely fixed with 457.

• On the wheel display, the letter 'F' remains fixed. Fanalab sees the wheel and its settings, but pressing any button on the wheel does not produce any response, not even the PS button, so it is not recognized as a controller on the PS5. However, if I connect or disconnect it, Fanalab sees its presence or absence. If I perform a firmware flash using the update button, it starts an endless flashing cycle. If I perform a manual flash, it seems to complete successfully but results in firmware version v0!

• Then please contact the support. This sounds weird and is likely HW.

• hahahahaahahaha time-frame? sometime in the next 6 years. this company is the biggest joke ever. the fact that this has been an issue for like more than half the year SINCE release is hilarious hahahahahahahaha what a joke

• Hi Maurice,

I am a bit surprised by the time it takes to release patches and by the fact that the team seems to struggle investigating many bugs at the same time.

Could you please tell us how many people work on fixing the bugs/patches at Fanatec?

• No, I cant.

• Is there any progress at all on the disconnect issues maurace yet or info at all.

• Hello, yes with driver 455 and the firmware versions with this driver I have no miss- shiftings.

many regards Michael

• Hi,

Driver 456

Base : 2.0.1.4 (455)

Wheel v2.5 : 1.0.2.0 (456)

QR : 1.0.0.7 (456)

Loss of FFB while racing, need to disconnect/reconnect the steering wheel, I play LMU, but surprisingly no problem on RENNSPORT.

I test driver 455 + update = nok

I test driver 456 + update = nok

I test driver 457 + update = nok (loss of steering wheel 3s, only 1 per lap) in the same place in a session but changes in each session.

increasing filtering and limiting the steering wheel to 360° seems to reduce malfunction times

note that the defects are visible without launching games but by combining them with the visual value of the fanatec control panel

very difficult to understand the default

• If I tried to disconnect the shaft and the steering wheel and directly connect the shaft's USB-C to the PC and tried to flash the firmware again, do you think it might work? I'm desperate after the expense; I can't play anymore.

• "I replaced the USB-C cable with a new one, reconnected it to the PC, opened the Fanatec Control Panel, and the firmware of the wheel no longer shows as 0 but as v8. Reconnected to the PS5 with the old cable, only the PS and X buttons worked. Tonight, I'll try again with the new cable. I had to get back to work! Anyway, it seems more like a software problem than a hardware one; otherwise, it probably wouldn't have started working again.

• edited July 24

Well, when you used a different USB cable which now works then this IS a hardware issue of the cable, not a software issue........

• You never advised me to change the USB-C cable but to contact support! I don't think it's necessary to contact support just to change a cable.

• Who would have thought that it could be a simple USB cable - maybe the support would have advised this step before they open the repair RMA?!

It is just very likely no software issue which this thread is all about.

• hello. remember that Maurice IS NOT GOD!!...and that things can also happen to him....and if we continue stretching the rope it will break and end up sending us to the M....

• 1 hour of LMU without disconnection problem ;)

• Hi folks, new here, but have been looking at this thread for about 2 weeks now, try to get to the bottom of my DD Pro disconnects on PS5, on GT7 and ACC.. (DD Pro bought Nov '23)

I have tried everything, re seated the shaft and tightened the clamp, various new USB cables, back and front ports, driver 455, 457, back to 454 which seems the most stable.. not one thing has fixed the disconnects. No matter what driver and firmware combo, all disconnects were terminal, no buttons, no gearshift but still able to steer and use the pedals. I had to use the PS5 controller to pause while I restart the wheel then it’s ok again. Sometimes ok for ages, sometimes only ok for a few minutes.. in one lap of Nordschleife it disconnected 5 times.. I have Also tried dialling back FFB, swapped the boost kit back to the 5NM power brick…nothing has helped…

The most common thing I can link is that 95% of the disconnects seem to happen after either strong understeer shudder or a crash.....

I contacted support 15 days ago and I am yet to receive acknowledgment of that contact apart from the auto generated response. Given the purchase price of these products and the prolific amount of disconnection issues many have reported dating back as far as I can tell to at least 2020, it’s incredibly disappointing that there isn’t a solution (maybe it’s QR2??, but I don’t feel that I should have to spend more money to fix a product that may not be fit for purpose) or there doesn’t seem to be much that the company wants to do to serve customers after the initial transaction is made. I don’t want to seem disrespectful, but “contact support” as a standard response, is like a slap in the face.

I appreciate the input from those here, but at the same time this is the only product I have owned where I have to constantly find work arounds to try and get it operating as intended..

I don't believe that anyone is personally getting angry at anyone here, but I do understand people's frustration at the fact they have outlayed a significant amount of money on what is potentially an unusable product in many cases.

Silence is perhaps the worst possible response when it comes to customer service and satisfaction.. I do hope that this issue can be resolved.. whether they be hardware and/or software.

apologies for the rant. And thanks.

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited July 25

In this GT7 update log, there is "The performance stability for all Fanatec® steering controllers has improved".

Don't know anything specific though. It's worth trying if it's disconnects/freeze related.

After all they should be aware of the issue, and they are going to hold another GTWS event next month. Without a Fanatec FW update, it seems to me this GT7 update will address this "stability" issue to avoid awkward moment in the tournament.

• I don’t think GT would be able to fix this unless of course they share some responsibility. It’s possible they haven’t implemented something correctly into their side but that doesn’t explain why it’s happening in other games. It’s possible that Fanatec have released something to them to implement a fix however. It may not actually be in the our bases. It is possible its could be a fault in the game side.

• What is the minimum firmware version I need to get the optimal parameters?

Selecting "Auto Setup" (AS or A SET) from the Tuning Menu on the wheel will load the optimal parameters for playing Gran Turismo. A firmware update may be required in order to enable the Auto Setup function on your device. In Podium mode, Auto Setup is intended for use in Low Torque mode. The use of High Torque mode will require manual adjustments.

• Forza motorsport has also recently implemented a new option on my wheel, the vibration option and blocked for true force mode.

This discussion has been closed.