Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

1272829303133»

Comments

• I just tested this in F1 24 on PS5 and got a soft disconnect after 45mins 😔

• It would be useful to know if you have qr1 or qr2..

To understand if it is a software or hardware problem.

Owners of qr 1 are more predisposed to disconnection given the problem of the flying shaft and oscillation of qr1. (qr1 Light

• QR2 on a CS DD+ this has been highly frustrating and I hope they come up with a fix soon.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 3

Leandro Goncalves

doubt that DD/DD+ have the qr1, at least i not see that yet in shop

CSL DD is different base. that disconnect may come example shaft loose

but people mostly talk here about the DD/DD+ issues

• Leandro this tread is mainly clubsport dd and dd+ which don’t have a qr1 so let’s not confuse things.

• This thread is for driver 457, which has firmware for all wheelbases (except the CSL elite)

• I hope Maurice is still around or else we are screwed. He hasn’t posted in a few days.

• Guys, I apologize if I wasn't precise.

In any case I wanted to understand if you have metal or plastic QRs.

Most disconnections result from a bad connection.

And in this the qr and the tree need to be investigated.

I solved my disconnection problem by tightening the screws on the wheel side where the connection pins are located.

There are many reviews of this problem.

Fanatec has actually had this problem for years.

if you checked the wheel side screws and tightened the shaft it must only be a software problem.

• My base is DD Pro + QR1 and I upgraded it to 457. My wheel has the lite wheel side (plastic) connection and I'm very suspicious that this is the issue. I already tried to tightening the screws, but no success. Even downgrading FW, no success yet.

Hi Fanatec guys. I'm here, available to test if a metal QR2 works.

• @ Adriano

You're more than welcome to purchase a qr2, and test it as much as you want. In case you don't know (and I'm not saying that you don't), you'll need a wheel side qr2 and a base side qr2. Let us know what you find out.

• Try reducing the ffb.

see if you lose connection..

if you don't lose it you know you will need a metal qr 2.

• edited July 3

QR1 will soon disappear.

I am convinced that fanatec knows this problem but cannot force people to buy the qr 2, much less give away the qr 2 (wheel side + base side 159 euros) of profit.

this is the reason for the promos!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fanatec/comments/17gpzw8/qr2_is_worth_the_upgrade/

• Do not go buying parts to solve the issue with the soft disconnect with the CS DD. Wait for the update before spending money you don’t need to spend.

The update is more than likely fairly close to being released as a beta. If that doesn’t solve your issues then you need to send it for repair.

If this turns out to be the QR2 lite isn’t up to the job then that would be Fanatec’s issue to solve. However I’m 99% certain this is not the case.

• The DD+ disconnections have nothing to do with having a plastic QR2 or loose screws as I have had disconnections with multiple wheels like the Extreme wheel, McLaren, Porsche Podium, CS Hub V2 for Xbox, Leoxz QR2 Core (which doesn’t even have screws that can loosen up). Fanatec have asked me and some others to send our bases in for their engineering team to analyze, hopefully they can reproduce the issue and finally fix the problem

• edited July 4

In my case and me 
    I have a csl dd with mclaren gt3 v2 wheel.
    Drivers 457
    Qr1 lite.
    5 nm.
    Now I don't know if the qr2 lite is strong enough to hold a 12/15 nm. 
    In any case if jon and ik qr then it is a software problem. 
    But if I had such a strong basis I would do the test to understand whether this is the case or not. 
    Also because the way it disconnects is very similar to how my base disconnected.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 4

Leandro Goncalves

qr2 lite

can hold around 150/160 nm when it breaks down so im assuming it can handle the 15 nm

• I don't know if the oscillations could cause problems in some way.

I don't think we should reach the limit of strength.

There's a lot of talk about QR on the Reddit site.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member
    edited July 4

That sucks. Fanatec has my wheelbase and couldn't reproduce disconnects. Not sure what FW they were using though.

Just uploaded this vid below- it was last disconnect I got before the WQR test FW (Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.3 (test FW June 7th), after that I didn't have any more problems. Vid was from May 21st.

Haven't had time to test out my new base yet unfortunately, I've been busy lately.

https://youtu.be/X6UpV62_iu4

• It is not so easy for me, unfortunately. I live in Brazil. If my QR1 was working fine, I'd like to stay with it.

I bought my base 3 months ago. It's really disappointing to be forced to spend more money at my own risk (a high risk I would say).

• Here is an update on my issue I reported some time ago. My setup:

CSL DD 8NM

McLaren GT3 V2

QR2 Lite

Fanatec driver 457

In summary my wheel was disconnecting during a session. It started with false shifts and progressed to loss of FFB for 2-5 secs. It sounded a lot like many of the issues being reported here. Tried lots of suggestions given here, various firmware configs etc to no avail. In desperation I carefully reseated the CSL DD side QR2 the results looked good, no more disconnects. That lasted for about 3 weeks but then the disconnects came back. Again I reseated the CSL DD side QR2 and again no more disconnects. That was about 3 weeks ago, this time I have tightened the collar as tight as I can reasonably do it. I don't have a torque wrench but I suspect it is much tighter than the recommended 5NM. Note, I didn't have any disconnect issues on driver version 455 but now suspect the upgrade timing was a coincidence and the shaft is actually working loose and allowing the USB-C connector to flex. Not sure going with the USB-C connector was a good design idea.

I hope this helps somebody.

• replace the original usb cable with a quality usb cable and many problems will be solved...

• Changing USB cable didn't solve my freezing issue back then. Downgrading FW did.

• The recommended torque for the two-piece clamp is 8Nm.

• Just received my DD+ with F1 wheel (ordered monday…) can you please confirm best solutions for updates..I understood…but not 100% sure…base with 455, QR and wheel with 457..

Thanks in advance

• I know it’s something that has been tested recently but have faith in them.

• According to Marcell the best scenario we have for now is updating through 457 driver and then flash the 1-1-0-3 QR firmware.

Since i did this i have no disconections any more. At least for 2 hours of continuous using the DD+ . Before the hotfix i had almost every 30' or 40' disconects

• edited July 5

This issue is quite odd. I suffered from a couple disconnects not too long ago (couple weeks maybe), after feeling like I was "the only one" without them on 457. This happened maybe 3 or 4 times, and completely randomly since stopped again without me doing anything irregular whatsoever, not even flashing firmware again, just regular driving.

I'm still driving on "vanilla" 457 (PS5 and GT7 only really) and haven't had a disconnect again, really unsure of what changed this. My best guess is that I left the base on a few times and forgot to turn it off for a long time (think overnight, once I think up to 24hr). Finding it turned on, I would turn it off for 30 mins to cool down, then get back racing and it seems those times the issue happened, but I have absolutely zero solid evidence to this and this is purely anectdotal information.

Fingers crossed you guys (Fanatec) figure this out, it's definitely a head scratcher.