Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• Curious to try this driver on my CSL DD

• @Riccardo I have CSL DD 8nm. Personally I've stayed on 454. I see nothing in later firmware release notes that would benefit a CSL DD user. Also 457 is still a beta driver. Just my opinion

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 18

i not see nothing big with 457 when i use that in CSL DD at PC

it seems run fine

only thing what i not like is they spring effect in very low SEN. but that is nothing todo specifically only with 457

• Jesus LucenaJesus Lucena Member
    edited June 18

Hola. Y algo se sabe sobre este problema. o se hará algo al respecto. La verdad es que es bastante molesto y me gustaría saber si se solucionará en el futuro o si hay solución. Es mi segunda base DD Plus y ambas tienen el mismo problema. Sé que no es un problema de PBME porque lo conecto a mi antigua base DD1 y funciona perfectamente. Ya he probado varios USBs en otro PC y combinaciones con los drivers sin solución. La única solución es desconectar ITM de Fanalab. Entonces el problema desaparece. pero no tengo un ITM claro. Muchas gracias

• edited June 18

Please post in English according to the forum rules.

The BME has several issues on a CS DD which are on the list to be fixed at some point in the future.

However, the issue in your video is weird. Do you have a APM installed? Whats your ACP setting set to?

• Jesus LucenaJesus Lucena Member
    edited June 18

• Hola. Si se trata del volante porsche gtr3 rs con APM y BME. Mi configuración ACP es el punto de mordida del embrague. Sé que el problema no está en el módulo de botones porque conecto mi viejo DD1 y todo funciona perfectamente. incluso las falsas pulsaciones en el interruptor giratorio funky. Ya mencioné este problema con mi primer DDplus. y me aconsejaste que RMA y lo reemplazara. Y así lo han hecho. Este es un nuevo DDplus. y todavía tiene problemas. Muchas gracias por tu atención Maurice.

• edited June 18

.............................................................................

Come on. Please use a translator tool and copy/paste the translated text here so everyone understands you so everyone can help you.

• Maurice Böschen

that is something what not everyone can help him. this issue seems come from firmware

• edited June 18

Yeah maybe its one of the issues of the BME on a CS DD I mentioned, my BME is broken so I cant test and verify.

In any way this would not be something which the next driver would fix, this will surely take some time (if its FW).

• Hello SimRacers and Fanatec Support Team ;)

I got a CS DD+ and since I recieved that Base I have the 455 fw on my Base (yea I was a preOrder Guy who waited months) and I am playing ACC, AC, WRC, LeMans, AMS2 on PC and GT7 on PS5 without any issues/freezes/disconnects. I have a UniversalHubV2 + PBMR + APM + GT Zero Rubber Rim, and the thing is I had to buy the APM (I dont owned the APM before) to get GT7 working on my DD+/PS5 cause of the lag of an analog joystick on the PBMR and the constant left view.

( https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/31138/fanatec-pbmr-workaround-for-gt7/p1 )

But now I have a problem with the top paddles of the APM, they doesnt work at all on my UniversalHubV2 at my DD+ (with or without the PBMR attached I tried it both ways). I tried the windows controller properties but the paddles doesnt give a signal and all Games where I tried the top Paddles, they arent recognized by the game. The middle and the bottom paddles doesnt have that prob and they are working fine, only the left/right top paddles are having that issue.

• Check the screws behind your steering wheel and the PINs

Try tightening the screws behind your steering wheel

• That's a known Firmware issue to be fixed at some point in the future.

• ...from the Base or what?

• Hello. If it is the porsche gtr3 rs steering wheel with APM and BME. My ACP setup is the clutch bite point. I know the problem is not with the button module because I plug in my old DD1 and everything works perfectly. even the false presses on the funky rotary switch. I already mentioned this problem with my first DDplus. and you advised me to RMA and replace it. And so they have done it. This is a new DDplus. and still have problems. Thank you very much for your attention Maurice.

• Thanks for the reply Marcel. I have tried running the Hot Lap where the tires reset. This definitely helps minimize the effect, but it is still there albeit to smaller degree. The first 15 or 20 mins and the wheel feels totally amazing. I can feel every nuance, but after a while things start to feel a little less pronounced. Like the base is operating at 90% torque instead of 100%. Very strange - and the same thing was happening on the CSL DD. I really think it is a firmware issue as I noticed that decline is more prone to happening after a big crash, or impact with a sausage curb etc. The best way I can explain this; its as though the 'memory cache' gets full, and the games feedback starts to become muddled or not as priominent. Details I felt at the beginning of the session are not as noticeable later on into the session. Is it possiible the Universal Hub V2 has an impact on FFB or Torque? I beleive it is just an interface for paddle, and buttons and so likely not the root cause - but in my attempt to narrow it down I would like to know what (if any), the Universal Hub V2 has on the FFB signal, and if that might/could be the culprit?

• hahaha thats funny as hell, I have to buy an expensive APM to get my PBMR fully working on my PS5 (I think thats because of a faulty fw for the PBMR) and now I have to wait on a proper fw for the DD+ that the APM work properly. I think (...hmm, better I dont write here whats in my head atm) Thanks and have a nice one...

• Actually both are CS DD Firmware issues, not BMR Firmware.

• I have the same problem bro!

This deadzone on my CSL pedals prevents me from playing Gran Turismo 7 because I can't do trailbraking((

There is no way to set a deadzone in the Fanatek app when there is no pedal with a sensor loadcell.

Whatever I do, nothing helps. The deadzone is constantly present and the pedal is triggered much later than I press it.

Everything also worked correctly on my DD Pro. I still have it, and when I plug the pedals in there, everything works perfectly!

What's the matter? maybe it's the new firmware of the database? DD Pro has firmware 1.0.3.2, and ClubSport DD+ firmware is 2.1.0.4.

I asked my friends and they have similar symptoms. No problem with v3 pedals only. Please HELP!

• The deadzone on Analogue pedals is known and under investigation.

• Same for me!!! I have Clubsport DD+ and I tried different connection methods, turning on and off the base, updating the firmware and drivers (now I have the latest version), tried replacing the RJ12 with another one, I even tried reinstalling windows ahahah. Nothing helped! Deadzone on start point on brake pedal around 40%! It’s impossible!!!

It's funny that with my old DD PRO base, my CSL no lc pedals work great and don't have this problem.

Now I can't play on the new base in gt7/acc and I just can't do anything with it!!!

How long do we have to wait for a solution to this problem? HOTFIX maybe?

• As I said, the deadzone on Analogue pedals on CS DD is known and under investigation.

There is no ETA for a fix, most likely not the next driver though as that one is pretty much finished already. So it can take some time.

• edited June 19

I’ve encountered a different kind of disconnection with my DD+. Actually, this is the second time it has happened. First time was playing GT7 on PS5 with the base at 457 (2.1.0.3) and WQR at 1.1.0.2 (test wqr firmware). Today it happened again, but this time while playing Dirt Rally 2.0 on PS5 and the base at 457 hotfix (2.1.0.4) and wqr at 1.1.0.3.

Steering, throttle and all buttons stopped working while FFB remained active. Had to power down the base and restart

2.1.0.3 base, 1.1.0.2 WQR

https://youtu.be/uDCh6bnnoqA?si=VgcUb3A_T_8vVid_

2.1.0.4 base, 1.1.0.3 WQR

https://youtu.be/OJKqe_RjLzs?si=lyRkFFMSyBrtpowS

• edited June 19

Hi. I am having problem installing the driver 457. Can please help?

• With so little detail it is basically impossible to help.

• When I connect my new Formula V2.5 wheel to my new CSL DD base, it shows the wheel as connected but does not register any button inputs. It also isn't lighting up with the Fanatec logo and shows as firmware V0. Sometimes it will prompt me to update the wheel to V47 but will disconnect just after starting the update and put the base into update mode.

The strange this is, when I attach the Formula V2.5 wheel to a different base (my old GT DD), the Formula V2.5 wheel works just fine and is showing on firmware 1.0.2.0.

When I attach a different wheel to the CSL DD base, this also works just fine showing the correct firmware.

There seems to be an issue with the CSL DD and Formula V2.5 wheel connecting to each other.

Im running the latest 457 drivers but have also tried this on 455 drivers and still the same issues.

I have also tried the CSL DD and Formula V2.5 on 2 different computers and the same issue persists.

I opened a support ticket over a week ago and have had no response.

• 455 have firmware V0 issue. it should be fixed at in 457

• I’m running 457 and still not working

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 19

to you happen buy this recently?

i think Maurice Böschen talked something about some changes in new ones?

because my Formula V2.5 works just fine at 457