Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• I never said you or any customer were to blame at all. What I said was we as customers were exacerbating the issue. In other words making the issue they caused worse. Now we understand what the situation is if we can show a little patience and stop putting repeated tickets in then they can work their way through their existing ones quicker and get caught up. This would make things better for everyone in the long run and at the end of it doesn’t slow your own request down at all.

What you describe is a different issue to the one being spoken about and would be massively improved if we can all be patient. The fact you keep receiving faulty goods means you aren’t putting repeat tickets in are you? What you’re doing is putting a ticket in for a new problem….. which granted should not be happening.

• no, I am NOT applying for a new ticket.

and no, I have no more patience

• Hello, @maurice böschen @marcel pfister

i received my CS DD+ RACING WHEEL F1 on may 22th i played 3h a day until may 28th without any problems.

But after a week of use the deconection appeared (disconnection obliged to restart the base) with the racing wheel f1 but also the Podium hub Rally module on ACC AND DIRT2.0 on PS5.

So I upgraded to 457 and now I still have disconnections but with automatic reconnection in 3 seconds. with racing wheel f1 and podium hub rally

on ACC AND DIRT 2.0 ON PS5

disconnections are completely random 

regardless of the base's blue or violet mode.

The FFB seems weaker since the 457 and also very strange at times as soon as I turn it on, I have to turn it on again to get rid of the force that recenters the steering wheel.

CSDD+ GR4830141

PC DRIVER 457

WHEEL BASE 2.1.0.3

STEERING WHEEL 0.3.5.0

WIRELESS QR 1.1.0.1

PS5

ACC and DIRT2.0

Usb cable connect to the front of PS5

My base makes no strange noise , I disconnect the base from the mains after each use.

There's no need for me to open an RMA ?

I hope you'll find the solution, this is my second bad experience with Fanatec and yet I still manage to believe in you. 

• https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/126667/#Comment_126667

+1

I have miss shifts every lap or so using Rally Module on podium Hub with APM

it goes away when Rally Module is disconnected

I have DD1

• @Flavien Garnier

Your freezing issue with 457 has been discussed in previous pages.

455 or 454's wheel base firmware, plus 457's WQR and wheel firmware, is the most stable combination so far. No freezing or disconnection for me and guys in our league since then. Only some minor issues like FFB weakening but very rare and can be resolved by pausing and continue.

We play GT7 on PS5.

• When there become driver 458 out and not a release version but a good stable version?

• There is no date for a new driver at this point

• How about "When are we going to finally get a release that actually solves problems without introducing more, and resolves the issues which, in some cases, have been lingering for years without being addressed?"

Enough is enough. I've literally never owned a piece of PC hardware that requires update after update, year after year, and never actually works properly, except my Fanatec gear. Nobody's ever held accountable for it, and nothing ever changes except the version number of broken releases which continues to climb.

WHEN WILL YOU DO WHAT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE YEARS AGO AND PUT A STOP TO THIS?!?

• Hello @Raymond Xu

Are you really sure because i see that firmware 455 has the problem of disconnection with obligation to turn on the base whereas now with the 457 i have the disconnection with automatic reconnection 3 to 5seconds. 2 hours of play this morning and 10 disconnections,

I'm really fed up. 

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited June 3

@Flavien Garnier

I and other players in our league experienced the same freezing issue with firmwares in 457. No one had that disconnection issue that requires to restart the base though.

Driver contains multiple firmwares. So as I said:

1. Wheel firmware contained in 457;
    2. WQR firmware contained in 457;
    3. Base firmware contained in 454 or 455. (I reverted to 454 so I personally recommend 454)

This combination gives me the overall stable results. No disconnection or freezes. Same for the guys in our league. This is a huge find and relief for us because the freezes killed multiple race of ours.

So don't auto-update firmwares in a driver's update window. Use manual update instead.

Also as I said above, we play GT7 on PS5, with DD+ base and V2.5 or GTX wheel. I'm not sure if you play on Xbox or PC or using other gears.

And, if this combination doesn't work for you or other people here, maybe you can try other combinations. If issues continue, I'm afraid the only thing can do is RMA the base atm.

• How to update wheel and wqr but keep base firmware the same?

• @Raymond Xu

Can you help me find the 454 driver for base cs dd+? 

@Marcel Pfister made the one for 455 page 17 is there the same file for 454?

edited June 3

@Flavien Garnier

You can easily find the driver version you want in this forum category.

Marcel Pfister's reply in page 17 was for those who experienced issues after reverting to 455 from 457. So if you are using firmware included in 457 and looking to downgrade to 455 then please carefully follow his guide.

Before seeing his post, I tried to downgrade from 457 to 455 at first (flashed only the base firmware) but then the base stuck in update mode. So then I downgrade from 455 to 454, all good since then. Similar happened to some of my league mates. Others can downgrade to 455 without issue. But with 454 or 455, we have no major issues since then. It's been more than 10 days.

• How it was, if I install older driver and older firmware into base, do I have to downgrade wheelrims's firmwares too if they already have ones from newer driver package?

edited June 3

They can be upgraded or downgraded separately.

Please, follow this guide carefully:

Driver-Firmware-Instructions-Manual-EN_Web_02_MO.pdf (fanatec.com)

PDF page 15.

Section 6.2

• One more note: when upgrade or downgrade the base firmware, DO NOT attach the wheel.

The driver should show a warning when the wheel is attached but in case it doesn't show up...

It's better to un-attach the wheel just to prevent some unidentified issues.

• Pedro RSPedro RS Member

Maybe my question looks a quite stupid since the Manual Update instructions has been share already, but... It's not clear for my if I can upgrade my V2.5 wheel directly to 457.

My DD+ is on 455, I don't have issue adn really I don't want to upgrade the base. Zero experiments.

The only issue I want to solve is a problem with the funky switch where I'm having and extra 'OK' operation when moving 'letf' or 'right' what is VERY annoying (in some other topics people commented 457 is solving it even no release notes about).

But really really really I don't want to upgrade my base. I don't have confidence at all. I don't even just try if it's possible or not just in case the base started alone the update.

• So I switched my base back to 455 while leaving the rest at 457 and I think there are even more disconnections, so I'm going to try 454 if I can find it. 

• it's the same with driver 454 

in the end I wonder if the 457 wasn't more stable 

I'm tired

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited June 3

@flavien Garnier

I’m with @Raymond Xu - I’m running base Fw from 455 (2.0.1.4) and WQR from 457 (1.1.0.1) and its been totally stable for me on PS5 mostly GT7 but ACC and F1 23 as well. Formula V2 rim and Podium GT3 APM

Going from 457 to 455 requires using 456 to downgrade first

Also I always uninstall the driver, reboot and then reinstall. While its said not reqd better to be sure.

But reading all the posts in this thread, seems to me that there are differences with some batches of HW so that affects which FW versions seem to work better or worse. So this may be your situation

Also wheel FW may be contributing or may not the V2.5 wheel has two different FW tracks shown - 47 older in 455 and 1.0.2.0 newer in 456. I don’t know if trying between them helps, but I do know the base scans the wheel attached at startup to set some things and can work slightly differently w older wheels so might be worth a try

edited June 3

@Pedro RS

You can upgrade the wheel firmware only. Just check the manual update. The miss-click issue on my v2.5 wheel is resolved after upgrading to 457.

The update log completely missed this fix. I don't know why. Maybe they don't have a document to take note of what they have done, or they simply don't care.

@Flavien Garnier

I'm sorry to hear that. From my experience and observation, the disconnect issue (the base needs to be restarted) and the freeze issue (auto reconnects after a few seconds) are 2 seperate issues. Maybe my combination only solve the latter.

Nonetheless, both are being investigated by Fanatec. I feel extremely lucky that at least I have a workaround. Best of luck to you, either wait for their future fix (or another dread test version) or open an RMA ticket immediately (it could take months).

• Does anyone know how to revert the firmware on the Rally Module ? I want to go back to 455 so I can use my wheel but it's not apparent how to downgrade the button box. I've downgraded the PC driver but the button box driver does NOT prompt to downgrade when loading 455 after a 457 update.

• Driver pkg 455 has FW 1.0.0.4 and Driver 456 was the latest 1.0.0.6 so you would have to look at earlier PKGS to see if there are earlier PBMR FW to install using the manual firmware downgrade

• it asks for a hex file when I try to a do a manual downgrade. Where would I find a hex file for the rally module?

• Philip AdamovPhilip Adamov Member
    edited June 4

since 4.5 update when trying to ffb test the wheel only wimbles only 1/10 of the force barely noticeable, have to start the base sometimes and close fanatec application and after 10 minutes of restarting everything it sometimes works, what can i do?

csw 2.5

• @Queenan Davis Driver 452 has the first release of PBMR fw 1.0.0.3 so you should be able to install that on PC, go to FW manual update and it should show that version as an install option.

• Upon installing 452 onto my PC and trying to select "Manual Firmware"....it is greyed out for the Rally box

• BUT 455 worked for the downgrade!!!!

I repeat....

Anyone suffering from MISSHIFTS ON THE RALLY BOX WITH PODIUM HUB. Install driver 455 and do the manual firmware update for the Rally box. Just hit flash when it shows which firmware to choose. I hit the drop down and it asked for a hex file so I got confused the first time.

• @Marcel Pfister

Question. I need to downgrade to firmware on 455. I want to make sure I understand your work around instructions before I proceed. See questions below: 

1. FW is up to date with driver 457 (YES. My base and WQR is on firmware from 457 and "soft disconnecting" on PS5-reboot of the base is not required as it reconnects on its own)

2. Download and extract attached firmware file (Done)

3. Open the Firmware Manager (Do I launch PC Driver 457 at this point or uninstall it then install PC driver 455 and launch to do the rest of the steps?)

4. Switch to manual update mode in the top right (Understood)

5. Click on Wheelbase Firmware Update (Understood)

6. In the Updater use the 3-dots button to browse the extracted firmware file 2.1.0.0 (Understood)

7. Flash Firmware

8. Then install 455 

9. Manual update to firmware included in 455, this time using the firmware 455 chooses instead of browsing one.  

Thank you for your time and patience. =)