Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• When i install the 457 drivers i see "Pedals Firmware 0" with my CSL LC, when i load the firmware manager i see them on 1.8. They do work fine but everytime i load the pc the BRF is set to MIN and it goes into manual calibration by default (it needs a new calibration each time).

I tried going back to 455 and it works fine (it saves the last settings used).

A part from that, 457 works nicely with the CS DD (didn't have a single LED freeze in 3 - 4 hours of continous driving).

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member
    edited May 3

For those who suffer wheel reboots on all firmware and drivers, the best I can get it on my DD+ is to use the Base Firmware from 455 (2.1.0.4), QR firmware from 457 (1.1.0.1) and use 457 as the Fanatec driver package. It still reboots the wheel but way less frequent, sometimes even getting 10 laps without it happening.

I also noticed if I put my wheel on and don't give the QR collar a firm push forward there is the tiniest bit of movement left to right. It still reboots (a lot on some driver/firmware combinations) when there is no movement but it might confuse things if that was adding to it. Not sure it was doing anything as I could rock it and pull the wheel quite hard when stationary and it never rebooted.

• edited May 3

@Alan Axon

For me, my best from the worst bet as of now is:

WB 457 FW 2.1.0.3

and QR 457 FW (or QR 456 FW?)

Reason being, with WB 457 FW, when i get the dreaded cut/disconnection/whatever it is, it reboots automatically...

PS5

• I just updated the drivers for my CS DD to 457. I always connected my CS DD and CSL DD before that via a powered USB hub without any issues. Now after the update the Fanatec control panel doesn't recognize the wheelbase anymore. When connected directly to any USB port it functions like it should. Is this a known issue or just a problem for me? Can't imagine how a new driver could break something like that but maybe I'm wrong.

• USB Hubs are not recommended at all, always try to use a straight usb connection to the PC to ensure the best compatibility.

@James Anastasi. So far it has recovered automatically every time using this the older 455 base firmware with the newer Fanatec 457 software. When I used 455 software with the 455 firmware it never recovered.

I only did an hour's testing and it only rebooted about 5-6 times so maybe it didn't happen enough for a total loss. I seemed to suffer a lot more reboots when using the 457 base firmware.

Seems random so maybe I am just on a good day. I will report back if I get a total loss using this combination.

• Isn’t there a point where these issues hit a critical mass and units have to be recalled? From what I understand, the DD(+) always had connection problems from day one. They were always attributed to a future firmware fix. While some people say the new firmware is fine, just too many others are having issues. They can’t be all individual hardware issues.

@James Anastasia I have now had my first non recovery reboot on the 455 base firmware. Back to frequent reboots with recovery on 457.

• Markus TMarkus T Member

Well for me, everything on 455 is the most stable option. I get a disconnect maybe once a week or every two weeks.

Also, steering and pedals are still working there, giving me time to react and get out of the way, so I'm not an uncontrollable danger to other drivers. It's only the wheel buttons that stop working, so no shifting.

Since I'm playing GT7, once I turn the base off, the Ai takes over driving, which isn't ideal but bearable.

With 457, it comes back alive after a few seconds, but both steering and pedals are completely locked and frozen in place until theb, so I'm an immediate danger to myself and all other drivers.

• edited May 3

@Alan Axon

Did you have an excellent working DD(+) when you first got yours ? Or was it disconnecting from the very first time you had used it ?

At first, mine was perfect (of course at that time still with the 455....)

PS5 - V2.5

@Howard Heisler yes brother, we have an expensive product which we can barely use. Even worse, when i try using it, i get even more frustrated...

@Markus T Thats different than mine, I still have pedals and steering rotation on both 455 and 457, but of course no wheel buttons / shifters / led inputs. On 457 it comes back alive automatically, on the 455 it does not.

• Has anyone already tried to directly update the csl dd to the 457 driver, skipping the 456?

An answer would be of great help, thanks.

@James Anastasi.

Yes fully working for about 4 weeks apart from my QR wouldn't update until I found some ridiculous procedure online to get it to work. This started happening a few days before I updated the QR.

Only 11 days with no answer since I submitted my first ticket for coil whine.

Submitted ticket for this issue yesterday. Wish I'd done it earlier (probably would still have no response from support) but I believed the posts saying 457 would sort it.

If they take much longer to respond I can open a chargeback case with my bank / card provider to recover my money.

• Hello.

I have now also installed firmware 457. I am joining the ranks. I also had the problem twice that the base hung up for a few seconds and then went away again by itself. I have created a ticket and am waiting for an answer from support.

• edited May 3

So after more testing tonight for a good 5 hours of racing mixture off pc Forza and ACC. Then on to ps5 to try the new ACC update no problems at all. Then to finish off on to gt7 and bang disconnects after 30 mins and recovers.

It seems that it only happens on gt7 for me and no other game/sim

All running latest 457 update.

This is using v2.5x wheel. My McLaren and r330 with hub has never dropped connection to what I can remember.

Devs please try gt7 with v2.5x wheel in a race scenario. It tends to happen after a few back to back laps with out retrying.

• Fülöp BélaFülöp Béla Member
    edited May 3

Hi Maurice

Will they fix the Podium Button Module Endurance triangle button ?

x und square button.

This is my problem too. Both with 455 and 457. Unfortunately, the 457 update is not stable, so I returned to the 455 update.

PS5.

Thx

• I paid alot of money for my two Wheels, and I sell my other Wheels that I can afford these two Wheels, BUT SADLY these Wheels are useles for the PS5, I cant play GT7 with these Wheels, and thats so damn sad that we cant use these more than expensive Wheels, on a platform that should be compatible, thats what they said on their Shop (PS and PC compatible) but thats complete Bullshit so please FANATEC remove the PS compatibilty of the PBMR...

Wheel 1 :

ClubSport Universal Hub V2 + ClubSport Lenkradkranz 320 Alcantara® + Podium Button Module Rally + QR2 Wheel-Side

Wheel 2 :

ClubSport Universal Hub V2 + Reparto Corse Zero Suede RIM + Podium Button Module Rally + QR2 Wheel-Side

https://imgur.com/a/1ZXLmYi

• edited May 3

dear Fülöp Béla,

The answer will be "sometime this year" :(

• @Benjamin Bartnic. Those are compatible. My guess is that your wheel base isn’t. If the base isn’t PS compatible then no matter what wheel you put on it it will never work on PS.

• ...got a DD+ my friend

• They should work then. Hopefully someone on here who knows more about those wheels might point you in the right direction. The only other thing I can think of would be they have sent you the wrong hubs.

edited May 4

I am having permanent FFB loss now even when using all the latest drivers from 457. Only the buttons are returning on some disconnects.

I have also noticed as well as coming out of corners it quite often reboots after I have sudden traction loss when I go off track onto the grass.

• Alex once with 457 wb fw I did not get auto reboot also, just like 455, but only once so far.

• I would like to share my success story with my DD+.

I started out with 455 driver when I first got my dd+ and all was well except I was having some issues with Xbox sx not recognizing my wheel. Two weeks later 456 beta was released and instantly I updated my firmwares from 455 to 456. That's when I started to get the dreaded ffb loss and wheel going limp both on Xbox and PS5. After much panicking and researching I was suggested to keep qr and wheel firmware of 456 but downgrade the base firmware to 455. Boom, that was it. I have not had issues what so ever since then. PS5 and Xbox are rock solid. No ffb drop and wheel disconnect. I play gt7 and Forza and rally all with my DD+ and it's been flawless for 2 months. NO DROPS WITH MY SETTINGS. I never bothered to try 457 and won't do so until things are fixed.

Hope this helps

• I’ve done about 6 hours now (including a couple of 1 hour-long Spa races) since downgrading my DD+ base firmware to 2.0.1.4 (455) with WQR still at 1.1.0.1 (457). Not a single disconnect just like when I was on 455 for the base and 456 for the WQR for many weeks. There is definitely something wrong with 457 and the hotfix.

• Unfortunately I feel they are too many variables now for this not to be a hardware issue. Some good with 455, others with 456 some with a mix of both. Me best on 457.

We can kid ourselves on but I really think the new CS DD/DD+ may have an issue.

It's really looking like a recall like my 911 wheel gt2 back in 2011 that just stopped working. So I had to send a video of the fault to fanatec and they sent a new wheel.

Can we please get some clarification on this??

• No, you can not get a clarification on this as it's still under investigation why it's fine for some (including EVERYONE internally) and not fine for some others. Reason is still totally unknown as it's not possible to reproduce internally so not possible to investigate properly atm until first affected bases were send in.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CS DD+

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2.5

Driver Version: 457

Base FW Version: 2.1.0.3

Wireless QR: 1.1.0.1

Wheel FW Version:1.0.2.0

FanaLab Version: 2.01.28

Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? Installed on C: drive.

Just had the steering wheel disconnect happen to me using 457. I was playing a few different games before it finally happened in Assetto Corsa, and this was the first and only time this has happened since I installed 457 on April 25.

• Vishnu PatelVishnu Patel Member
    edited May 4

Whats the current guidance then?

open a support ticket to get CS DD+ exchanged or are we waiting for possible hotfix/new update..

Is this not acknowledged as known issue yet?How many people are having issues vs the issue is fixed but not posted if its working…

with an issue this race effecting for so long id assume we would see more celebration of the issue being resolved, but it looks mostly like conformation its still a issue.

• No point in opening a support ticket for it as the people that handle them don’t know more than the firmware programmers and testers like Maurice. The cause is not yet known so you may be RMAing your equipment for no reason.

• @Vishnu It was touted that 457 would fix the disconnection issues but there seems to be more complaints than ever. I know 2 or 3 people’s complaints sound like different kinds of hardware issues but many are talking about this disconnect and reconnect issue. If it can not be reproduced at the least then more drastic measures have to be taken. Like going to the home of a person who lives near the company with the problem or like an admin mentioned, requesting people with issues to send in their base. This is going on for too long already.