Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Either there's something faulty with my pedals or the fw sucks bigtime.
    I use the auto calibration mode on the pedals with brake sensitivity on Fanatec function window...slider is set at 8...And I'm back at fw 1.12 again. Throttle is 100% in the beginning of FM5 AND PCars...but as soon as I touch the brakes I only get 96% throttle output in telemetry !!! Getting a little frustrated over these renewed MORE EXPENSIVE pedals!!!
    Could you give me a precise description of the issue and steps how to reproduce? I will then communicate to the devs.
    With alll Due Repect Remco Van Dijk You and Fanatec Have a 3/4ths of a Whole Thread with People Describing the Same Problem.... Shall i put Links to every Post Desribing the Same.Problem??? There are No Steps to Reproduce the Issue... It just Randomely Happens.... its the FW 116... even with its own Pedal FW or when Mixed with other pedal FW always the same Results... Loss of Gas, Brake, Clutch they always go Half , 3/4 pedal travel its always Random.on any pedal or Combination of pedals..... There are alot of Comments Reffering to this pedal FW issue....

:-/
  • Richard CraigRichard Craig Member
    edited September 2015

V3 pedal users only, I think.

• edited September 2015
    Either there's something faulty with my pedals or the fw sucks bigtime.
    I use the auto calibration mode on the pedals with brake sensitivity on Fanatec function window...slider is set at 8...And I'm back at fw 1.12 again. Throttle is 100% in the beginning of FM5 AND PCars...but as soon as I touch the brakes I only get 96% throttle output in telemetry !!! Getting a little frustrated over these renewed MORE EXPENSIVE pedals!!!
    Could you give me a precise description of the issue and steps how to reproduce? I will then communicate to the devs.
    With alll Due Repect Remco Van Dijk You and Fanatec Have a 3/4ths of a Whole Thread with People Describing the Same Problem.... Shall i put Links to every Post Desribing the Same.Problem??? There are No Steps to Reproduce the Issue... It just Randomely Happens.... its the FW 116... even with its own Pedal FW or when Mixed with other pedal FW always the same Results... Loss of Gas, Brake, Clutch they always go Half , 3/4 pedal travel its always Random.on any pedal or Combination of pedals..... There are alot of Comments Reffering to this pedal FW issue....

Reports are hardly structured, we need clear repro steps, configuration descriptions, etc. It is confusing when people mix firmware and driver versions, e.g. saying that they use "firmware 222 on the CSW". Descriptions need to be clear and precise.

Has anyone reported this to Fanatec Support already?

I'm running the latest driver and firmware versions and haven't experienced any pedal output loss yet.

Reports are hardly structured, we need clear repro steps, configuration descriptions, etc. It is confusing when people mix firmware and driver versions, e.g. saying that they use "firmware 222 on the CSW". Descriptions need to be clear and precise.

I'm running the latest driver and firmware versions and haven't experienced any pedal output loss yet.

Remco are you using the CSW v2 & V3 Pedals??? if so What Platform are you using it on??? Im using the CSW v2 and v3 pedals... Windows 7 PC, PS4 and Now i have my Hub XB1... It Doesn't Matter what Platform when im using Driver 226 Flashed to wheel and Pedals the Pedals will just give Random Pedal Readings 1/2 Gas ,Brake, Clutch 1 pedal or any Random Combo of Pedals... Ive Tried other Pedal FW with the Wheel FW in 226(116)and always the Same End Result pedals Do Not Read Correctly... Could be after 1 Hour or 5 min after wheel Start up... its just Random.... This only Seems to Happen with Driver 226 FW 116.... I Will un-install Diver 222 from P.C, Defrag My Hard Drive and Clear All Cashes and Re-Instal Driver 226 again and Flash my Wheel and Pedals to See if that makes any Difference or if there is any way to See what and why it Happens but so far its just a Random Event that Happens... No Rhyme or Reason to it....BTW i have done all of the above before with the exeption of Defragging the Hard Drive, Driver 226 FW 116 always has Random Events when FW is Flashed to wheel and Pedals... So im Pretty Sure im Getting a Clean Flash and FW instal to Wheel.and Pedals.

Remco are you using the CSW v2 & V3 Pedals??? if so What Platform are you using it on??? Im using the CSW v2 and v3 pedals... Windows 7 PC, PS4 and Now i have my Hub XB1... It Doesn't Matter what Platform when im using Driver 226 Flashed to wheel and Pedals the Pedals will just give Random Pedal Readings 1/2 Gas ,Brake, Clutch 1 pedal or any Random Combo of Pedals... Ive Tried other Pedal FW with the Wheel FW in 226(116)and always the Same End Result pedals Do Not Read Correctly... Could be after 1 Hour or 5 min after wheel Start up... its just Random.... This only Seems to Happen with Driver 226 FW 116.... I Will un-install Diver 222 from P.C, Defrag My Hard Drive and Clear All Cashes and Re-Instal Driver 226 again and Flash my Wheel and Pedals to See if that makes any Difference or if there is any way to See what and why it Happens but so far its just a Random Event that Happens... No Rhyme or Reason to it....BTW i have done all of the above before with the exeption of Defragging the Hard Drive, Driver 226 FW 116 always has Random Events when FW is Flashed to wheel and Pedals... So im Pretty Sure im Getting a Clean Flash and FW instal to Wheel.and Pedals.
    CSW v2 + CSP v3, with FW116 and driver 226 I have never experienced the problems you mention.

Are you using the pedals in automatic or manual calibration mode in the driver?
  • automatic... FW 116 doe's Not Support the Manual Calibration Without Losing the BrF... So i always let it auto Calibrate
  • edited September 2015
    It seems be a Common Problem... Read the Comments alot of People are Having the same Issue.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Hi Remco,

I am experiencing the same issues with CSW V2 + Clubsport Pedals V3 on FW 110 from Driver 222.

p.s What are the release notes for 226?
  • Hi Remco,

I am experiencing the same issues with CSW V2 + Clubsport Pedals V3 on FW 110 from Driver 222.

I have Not Had Problems with FW 110 and Driver 222...
    in the beginning i had Slight Brake input issues... But i discoverd that my Pedal Base was Not completly Flat... I Straighted the Pedal Base like in the V1 video posted... Cleaned out the Technical Vasseline...That Stuff is sooo thick that what ever didnt Squeez out was sticking the PU foam!!! I Re-Lubed with Dry Teflon Lube and all Problems went away except on Dvr 226 FW 116.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hi Remco,

I have Not Had Problems with FW 110 and Driver 222...
    in the beginning i had Slight Brake input issues... But i discoverd that my Pedal Base was Not completly Flat... I Straighted the Pedal Base like in the V1 video posted... Cleaned out the Technical Vasseline...That Stuff is sooo thick that what ever didnt Squeez out was sticking the PU foam!!! I Re-Lubed with Dry Teflon Lube and all Problems went away except on Dvr 226 FW 116.

Weird because on Xbox I have to restart my wheel everytime regardless of the game to have 100% input signals.

How hard is it to do the dry lube process? I'm heading to the bike shop for the Dry Teflon stuff. Will that help that gritty feel once the pedal is pressed near the end?
  • Does this happen to your csp v3's as well or is it just mine?

• Yes it will Help all Gritty Crunchy Feel...the Process is Not that Hard just take your Time... Antoine used it also... Look for his post it worked majic for him also.
  • Thats the Front Base of the Pedal arms... You Mean the Chipping??? or what Looks to be wetness/Moisture???
  • Thats the Front Base of the Pedal arms... You Mean the Chipping??? or what Looks to be wetness/Moisture???
    No the chipping, i was cleaning them when i noticed it ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Either there's something faulty with my pedals or the fw sucks bigtime.

Remco Van Dijk are you using the CSW v2 & V3 Pedals??? if so What Platform are you using it on??? Im using the CSW v2 and v3 pedals... Windows 7 PC, PS4 and Now i have my Hub XB1... It Doesn't Matter what Platform when im using Driver 226 Flashed to wheel and Pedals the Pedals will just give Random Pedal Readings 1/2 Gas ,Brake, Clutch 1 pedal or any Random Combo of Pedals... Ive Tried other Pedal FW with the Wheel FW in 226(116)and always the Same End Result pedals Do Not Read Correctly... Could be after 1 Hour or 5 min after wheel Start up... its just Random.... This only Seems to Happen with Driver 226 FW 116.... I Will un-install Diver 222 from P.C, Defrag My Hard Drive and Clear All Cashes and Re-Instal Driver 226 again and Flash my Wheel and Pedals to See if that makes any Difference or if there is any way to See what and why it Happens but so far its just a Random Event that Happens... No Rhyme or Reason to it....BTW i have done all of the above before with the exeption of Defragging the Hard Drive, Driver 226 FW 116 always has Random Events when FW is Flashed to wheel and Pedals... So im Pretty Sure im Getting a Clean Flash and FW instal to Wheel.and Pedals.
    CSW v2 + CSP v3, with FW116 and driver 226 I have never experienced the problems you mention.

Are you using the pedals in automatic or manual calibration mode in the driver?
    Ok Heres Where im at... I Defragged/System Maitenence check, Cleared The Cashe/Emptied all junk Files Trash Bin Saved web pages ETC...Un Plugged every USB Port except for the wheel.... Restarted the PC---> Did a Fresh Install of Driver 226---> Re-Flashed Wheel with No Rim attached ---> Re-Flashed Pedals.... and Still the Same Issue with the pedals Reading only Half way!!! Either every one in Here is Messing up the Flash Process Some How or Your the Golden Child because its Hard to believe that you Never Had any Issues with 226 ^:)^ I Cant Quite Figure out what it is But something is Definitely wrong Here :-w .....So you Sure you using the same V2 Wheel, V3 Pedals and FW that eer Body else Having issues with cause you the only 1 Never Had a Problem with it... Very Very Very Strange... Its Not only the Regular posters that are Having problems with it there are quite a Few Names that I've Never seen post talking about Help Me my Pedals are Not working Right...
    Hhhhmmm Somethin don't seem Right... ijs
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

hate to say this Grimey , but I haven't had a brake or throttle issue either, however I'm still using V219.... check to make sure the sensors on the side of the pedal brakets are positioned correctly and tight... but not TOOOO tight.   might try a little gentle air there to make sure they are clean as well ... seems to me I had issues with them on my V2's.... also I seem to remember a set screw that held both the brake and throttle arms , < I say rods . but Nat would start smiling ] if the are not positioned correctly I think I throws off the sensors......BUT HAVING SAID ALL THAT , PLEASE CHECK WITH FANATEC SUPPORT FOR CONFIRMATION OF MY ASSESMENT..

• Joe i only have pedals issues with Dr 226/FW 116....when i was on DR 219 the wheel was always off center...i didna Clean up on PC and a Fresh instal of Dr 219 andnFlashed the wheel sooo far so good wheel is straight and level... No Pedal issues either... Trying to get into FM6 but its Hard after PCars... PCars Has Sooo much More Road Feel... XB1 Hub and Forza Rim works Great on FM6 with 219 wheel FW.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2015
    I experienced all the issues mentioned above. I RMAd my pedals and now have no issues. It's possible that some of my issues were related to firmware (possible but unlikely) as my pedals were actually bent and sat like / instead of | against the base plate. You can see in the photo I posted previously the pedals did not rest flat against the base plate and were bent/tilted and did not sit flush.

G, can you try setting your brake load cell to 0 (on the twisty knob) and putting the Pedals back to FW 1.8 and leaving all settings at default (no manual configure, and don't calibrate them in PCars) try that and see if it helps or not :)
    edited September 2015
    Here's the pic again.

Check your pedals G and make sure they are completely flush. Look at my old pedal (on the right) it was physically bent and this was also apparent with the others. This pushed the base plate out of shape and caused the other pedals to sit wonky too. It doesn't look like much but that 2 or 3mm bend coupled with a faulty installation of the clutch was causing a kink which was pushing against the brake.

I re-fitted and corrected the clutch issues, so I would go over your pedals with a fine tooth comb to be sure.

I think the QC could still be improved slightly in China, as I received my new items today, and they too were broken/smashed. I'm yet to receive a delivery that hasn't been faulty/damaged on arrival.

It doesn't stop me buying my equipment though, as I'm in over €5000 euro alone, but I think there is still room for improvement in this area.
  • I experienced all the issues mentioned above. I RMAd my pedals and now have no issues. It's possible that some of my issues were related to firmware (possible but unlikely) as my pedals were actually bent and sat like / instead of | against the base plate. You can see in the photo I posted previously the pedals did not rest flat against the base plate and were bent/tilted and did not sit flush.

G, can you try setting your brake load cell to 0 (on the twisty knob) and putting the Pedals back to FW 1.8 and leaving all settings at default (no manual configure, and don't calibrate them in PCars) try that and see if it helps or not :)

I Have No More Brake Pedal Issues Natalie... My Pedal Dase wasnt Straight Either when i got them but it wasnt the Metal was bent i Loosened the Screws and Straighted the Base like in the V1 Video.... My Problem is when i Load Driver 226 and Flash FW 116 to wheel the Pedals Lose calibration and only Read Half way... I Gave to Restart the wheel a Few times then thy Read Correctly for a while but i end up having to restart the wheel a few times while in a Race because theyalways lose Calibration...its the FW 116
  • edited September 2015
    Natalie did you get the Dry Teflon Lube and did you do your pedals??? i used a Cotton Swab and Rubbed it on the inside of the Hub to Reduce Friction and Wear when Changing Rims... I also Put some on the Shaft #-o of the wheel Base So it doesnt Scratch Scar and Wear prematurely because of Swapping Rims and the Ball Bearings in the Rim Never Stick... Its Dry lube so you dont worry about Drips and it doesnt attract dust n Stuff... You dont even Know its there... Make life easy in the long Run.
  • Is any 1 using Drver 226 and Fw 116 Probem Free??? All the Peaks Reading Right Without Having to Restart the wheel multiple Times???
    I've order the dry lube and its en route :P
  • does your's chip as well grimey?
  • Grimey,  Finish Line should send you a commission check .... mine will be here Saturday...  now what are the odds you make a video of how to get the PU foam out ???  .... having said that , don't mess up your pedals , but some tips on how it's done might help.  
  • edited September 2015
    Grimey,  Finish Line should send you a commission check .... mine will be here Saturday...  now what are the odds you make a video of how to get the PU foam out ???  .... having said that , don't mess up your pedals , but some tips on how it's done might help.  
    You can take them apart same as in V1 Video...I think thats the easiest way... or you can take the Screw outta the bottom of the Head that Holds the Pin in Place thats Connected to the Brake Pedal Arm.

That Can of Dry Lube Spay will Last for Years... Think i had it 3 or 4 years already and still have 3/4ths or more of the can left!!!

If i take it apart again i will make a Video but its the same Process thats in the V1 Video but just a little extra because you have to move the New Clutch Thingie.

Fanatec Needs to make a Video i want to Know what the 2 Screws on the Side of the Brake Housing do??? What do they adjust or Hold??? Planning for Future Brake Lube's I see No way to Get it in there with out taking Pedals apart again...Oooo BTW I Recomend Changing out the Aluminum Screws while your at it... I did Mine in Nice Shiney Stainless Steel... Aluminum Strips too Easy

\:D/
  • does your's chip as well grimey?
    Very Little Chipping on Mine.
  • edited September 2015
    Natalie what Driver FW are you using??? Im on 219 wheel & Pedal FW now.... Joe Rugo your on 219 also Right.... Antoine is on 219 also if im Correct.... Driver 226 Wheel and Pedal FW Never Reads Pedals Right only some time... i Need to Know if its just me with Bad Results on 226 FW... Remco Van Dijk is the only 1 i see saying He Never Has a Problem with it... are there Other that 226 wheel and Pedal FW is working Fine For??? :-?
  • Grimey , I am on V219... and not sure what is on the pedals since I just went with the default FW when I first set them up.. I have had few issues with either since switching from the V2's.  The only thing that happens is that randomly the Base will not fully cycle on power up .. and with Forza 5 it will also just lose all FFB after using the upgrade and tuning shops... so far not present in Forza 6
    edited September 2015
    Natalie what Driver FW are you using??? Im on 219 wheel & Pedal FW now.... Joe Rugo your on 219 also Right.... Antoine is on 219 also if im Correct.... Driver 226 Wheel and Pedal FW Never Reads Pedals Right only some time... i Need to Know if its just me with Bad Results on 226 FW... Remco Van Dijk is the only 1 i see saying He Never Has a Problem with it... are there Other that 226 wheel and Pedal FW is working Fine For??? :-?

Pedals are factory firmware (1.7) and wheel changes hourly due to testing. Today I have been testing 116 (the release firmware from the drivers on the main page) yesterday 110 etc... I change base firmware regularly.

My current favourite CSW Fw is the one the main CSWv2 downloads page (116) with CSP Fw (default from the factory)

My pedals have been very well behaved since the replacements arrived (but I haven't flashed them away from the default firmware yet and am very reluctant to do so) ;)