Driver 457: Seeking for Solutions? Come On In. - Seeking Trouble? Show yourself the door!

Currently on sick leave and not feeling that well, so excuse me for trying to make this quick.

Important note

The previous 457 channel was closed because over the last days it was not anymore about providing feedback or looking for help anymore, it was pretty much purely about off-topic and people bashing each other which shall not be tolerated.

I kindly ask you, also in the name of ones which search for help, to use this channel purely and only if you want to look for help regarding driver 457 or if you want to report an issue which you think might be unknown so far.

Whats up with 456/457?

Driver 457 and 456 were removed due to causing disconnection issues to wheels and PS5 on the CS DD(+), therefore we advice using driver 455 until we release a new driver which we are currently working on.

If you are already on 456 or 457 and experience disconnections with your CS DD(+), please review the first post of this channel, there are hotfix firmware files available and some other tips which should help you to get rid of the issue.

How to report issues:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
  2. Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
  3. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
  4. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
  5. Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
  6. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
  • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
  • Driver Version: ....
  • Base FW Version: ....
  • Motor FW Version: ....
  • Wheel FW Version: ....
  • FanaLab Version: ....
  • Tuning Menu settings
  • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
  • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Now back to topic, hopefully. Please!

Comments

• I am on 455 since I received my CSDD+ 2 months ago , playing on PS5 mainly on GT7 but also ACC and F1 24, I have no problem at all…

can you tell us what was supposed to improve 426/427? I saw on DIGIT channel that 457 had a better FFB can you confirm what you are improving with a new firmware?

• The FFB was not touched, at least not intentionally. When the FFB feels different, then it is unintended - or just a placebo effect. There should be no difference in FFB feel.

• Just to update I was getting random mild discontinuations. It used to come back itself after 3/4 seconds.

used to happen rarely maybe 3 times one day and none the next.

anyway since using ps4 mode all seems good so far.

im still getting miss shifts on podium wheel with clubsport shifters but I think thats an other issue.

clubsport dd+ gt7 ps5.

• edited September 27

Did you tried the newest 2.2.3.7 Firmware which fixed the disconnections in the blue PS5 mode so light blue PS4 Mode shouldnt be needed anymore?

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/130097/#Comment_130097

• No I have not yet. Was gonna just wait for 460 to come. I could get my friend to update. Is this just a beta one or an actual fix.

• I’m playing the same stuff PS5, DD+ and running base from 455 and WQR from 457. No issues.

I tried the base from 457 and to me it did feel a bit less strength and detail, so went back to 455

So if its fine for you as is, stay at there for now is my recommendation. If you have the disconnects then try the patched FW

• edited September 27

Everything not released in a public driver is obviously beta - with a possible fix included. When nobody tests beta, then we never can put it into a public driver as nobody confirmed that the beta has really fixed the issue for them......

• Just wanted to provide a positive update on my end.

CS DD+ w/ Formula 2.5 Wheel & V3's on the PS5.

I had numerous disconnect & FFB issues with the Original 457 drivers as well as the 1.1.0.3 & 2.2.3.6 Quick Fixes when I was testing.

However, after putting on the new 2.2.3.7 Base Fix (with 1.1.0.3 WQR), I have had ZERO disconnects over the last week of testing. It has been working flawlessly for me and the FFB feels great.

I'll be leaving the drivers as they are now since it's all working perfectly. Thanks for providing the Fix and all the work that has been done. :)

• Ok thanks. Do u think I should try it or just wait as ps4 mode is working fine. Any disadvantages to using ps4 mode?

• edited September 27

You should try it and report if the PS5 mode works without a disconnect for you then. Thats the whole purpose of this thread.

• Hi All,

I've been facing disconnection issues on my Pc, sounds very similar to what's going on in here. Disconnects completely then returns after about a second, seems to be quite frequent now.

I'm running driver 455 with my clubsport DD+ 15nm.

I've tried these firmware updates I'm seeing in here but I'm unsure if these are relevant as they sound like they are for PS5 issues perhaps ?

I've raised a ticket with Fanatec and have asked me to return it for repair, I would like to avoid this ideally if it's just driver/ Firmware issues.

Any advice on this welcomed!

Thanks

Dan

• Some more positive experience :

I'm running stock 457 without any of the interims fixes in PS5 mode without issues ever since 457 was available. Doing some GT7 and ACC on PS5 only on DD Extreme with the wheel and also McLaren V2.

I had one singe quirky moment with steering in GT7, that I remember but it recovered by itself.

But I rarely race more than 1 hour, still, my rig is under the roof in a nice warm and cosy environment, likely well above 26-27C.

Just lucky me?

Matthias

• What is the deference ( if it can be mentioned publicly) between 2.2.3.6 vs 2.2.3.7 firmwares ?

• As listed in the 2.2.3.7 changelog in the linked message 2.2.3.7 has fixed the disconnections which happened in PS5 mode which 2.2.3.6 has not fixed. Also 2.2.3.7 has fixed an issue where analogue pedals have a huge deadzone on the brake pedal.

• 2.2.3.7 is focused on a specific PS5 issue which had lead to disconnections, yes. However Firmwares in between, especially the newest QR Firmware 1.1.0.3, fixed other disconnection root causes as there were not just one root cause but several ones which all could lead to disconnections. Base Firmware 2.2.3.7 with QR Firmware 1.1.0.3 has basically every possible root cause for firmware related disconnections fixed and is THE combo to run if you experience disconnections on a CS DD. If you still have disconnections with this combo, then please report this. It is possible that your base has a hardware issue then which needs to get fixed by the support.

• For anyone who hasn’t tried 2.2.3.7 hotfix. I have been using it with 457 everywhere else and had no issues with disconnecting. It’s worth giving it a go. You can always go back to your previous setting if necessary.

• Hello, for me it is exactly as you describe.

I have the 457 and basic firmware 2.2.3.7 with QR firmware 1.1.0.3.

only now without FanaLab, and it works so far.

• Didn’t have any issues before w DD+ on PS5 but decided to test 2.2.3.7 and QR 1.1.0.3 as it sounds like it will be the baseline for upcoming release

No issues installing (other than noted previously NDP reset to 50 on all tuning slots)

No issues while using for 2+ hours now in GT7. FFB seems same or similar

• edited September 29

Hi,

I bought my Fanatec set last year in November. Since I did not have a chance to use it, so brand new and never connected to anything. I started to set up my base pedals etc. but having driver and base issues.

I wanted to install the latest 455 driver, but it does not install, it’s always running into error (see attached below) I have Win 11 (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.4169] x64)

I read a bit and it was suggested to try 451 driver, installed but does not recognize my base and getting error message. (see attached below)

I reinstalled many times the driver, tried compatible mode, I used the built in reinstall, tried different versions all of them had some issues. So none of the driver ever worked so I couldn't try out my set.

Even though I waited almost a year to try it out still can’t. Please give me ASAP advise.  

451 error message after connecting my base. I do not have Fanalab or game installed on my computer.

455 install error

This is my set:

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited September 29

Yes but a couple more steps then the typical driver FW install. Note it will save ALL settings but NDP

As described at top of thread, download the zip files, unzip them to a known folder so you can find them

How to update to the firmware manually

1. Extract both firmware files.
    2. Open the Fanatec Control Panel
    3. Navigate to the Firmware Update page
    4. Open the Firmware Manager
    5. Use the checkbox in the top right to switch to manual updates
    6. Choose Wheel Base Firmware Update
    7. When Updater is open, use the 3 dotted button to browse the extracted Wheel Base firmware.
    8. Click on Flash Firmware
    9. After the base updated and restarted the Firmware Manager should be shown again
    10. This time select the Quick Release Firmware Update - It will prompt to remove the wheel
    11. Again use the 3 dotted button, but this time select the Quick Release firmware.
    12. Click on Flash Firmware

A normal FW install you would just push the flash button and it would install the FW packaged w that driver

After its done, you will need to CAL the wheel center and H shifter if you have one - follow instructions on driver screen

• Will Driver 457 work with the GT DD Pro, and V3 pedals? Here is my issue, see how far the throttle comes on before the car moves? Is this normal?

• 1) You would as minimum need to post your newest complete Fanatec archived Log files for anyone to diagnose your issues.

2) Double check that the CSL DD drive shaft is fully pushed into the Motors receptical with no gap visible in front of the locking collar, if there is a gap you will have to unlock collar and gently press shaft in further and re tension collar screws (this was a known issue from the factory on the CSL DD).

3) Windows 11:

. Remove all Fanatec drivers already installed and reboot computer.

. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redist X64 from Microsoft site.

. Try connecting USB cable to a different Motherboard USB slot.

. Try another USB cable if available.

. Don't use extender USB cables or HUBS between computer and CSL DD.

4) Before Installing Fanatec Drivers - Use v451 (best all round)

. Disable any Anti-virus software in windows whilst installing Fanatec Drivers.

. Have the motor turned off.

. Have the steering wheel disconnected from the wheel base.

. Once Fanatec drivers are installed, reboot computer.

. Now turn on CSL DD Motor and let driver auto detect and setup.

. Do any updates to Firmware for motor,base,QWR.

. Install Wheel and calibrate, followed with firmware update to wheel.

• i have a question about the updates. I have a cs dd with v3 pedals and cs F1 wheel and i am using driver 457 with no issues at all should i update the base to 2.2.3.7 now i have 2.1.0.3 and qr version 1.1.0.1

• As 2.2.3.7 with 1.1.0.3 is the way to go for the future... Yes, at some point you should upgrade.

• Hi, I just purchased the CS DD+ where I currently own the CSL DD. Currently 457 is installed on my PC (not using PSx). Is it safe to keep the driver and see how it works out or uninstall and go with 455 instead?

This discussion has been closed.