Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• Ok Fanatec Pdium Pedals ^:)^
  • Hi guys, hi Fanatec,
    I just used my voucher for an "interim" CSW 2.5. Just made a deal to re-sell it, when the DD2 will be delivered,
    On top of that I ordered the Porsche 918 RSR wheel, GOD I love it!

I am a happy camper!
    Now: WHY did I do it?

As a former G27 user, using it on a GLASS desk from I K E A, having an office chair with rolls,...I was NOT on the bright side so far...
    When I learned about Fanatec, I tried to get to the community event to Landshut and ...for WHATEVER REASON...I was invited!!!
    I dug into the ecosystem of Fanatec, was amazed by the DD-wheels etc. etc. oh, btw. and the Spanferkel was WONDERFUL!

Result: I am a happy camper! Give and be given!
    Got a Rennsportcockpit V2, CSP v3, a Sparco seat meanwhile. Now looking forward for the "rest".
    People like me call this a deal.
    Good luck everyone, merry christmas and RELAX!
  • Ok Fanatec Pdium Pedals ^:)^
    Yes - a set of F1 Podium Series Pedals.  Just brake and gas pedals.  That would complete the Fanatec F1 experience!
  • Hi Mathias,

regarding that comment of potential early shipment, could you please share the link with us?
    Thank you, Sir!
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-podium-direct-drive-wheel-bases-thread.358875/page-50#post-12566352

I've been checking here on the Fanatec site several times a day since this news broke hoping for news from Thomas or Dom. But it looks like they're posting frequently to GT Planet instead.  Guess I need to add that site and particular thread to my daily routine.
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited December 2018

Guess I need to add that site and particular thread to my daily routine.
    You are very welcome there!
  • Well, I used my voucher to preorder 2 shifter modules. Thanks Thomas and everyone at Fanatec!
  • Ordered Porsche rim Monday, as soon as voucher was working...product arrived Wednesday morning...outstanding!! Thanks Fanatec!
  • My voucher has now also worked (EU). Am looking forward to getting the porsche rim for nearly free. I am now much more relaxed about the McLaren wheel potentially failing, and glad to have a wheel I can use for stuff the macca is unsuited for.

I'm gonna build a glass cabinet that I can hang above my sim rig in which I'm going to put the macca and the porsche rim so they don't gather dust and look nice 
    :D

Might throw a few model cars in there for good measure
  • Thanks for the voucher. Ordered v3 pedals with some extra accessoires on Monday evening and today (Wednesday 17hrs CET)  I came home and already a Fanatec box in my hallway. And then still a huge delivery on the horizon somewhere in April/May. Good times! 
  • edited December 2018

UNRELEASED PODIUM PORSCHE Wheel

As discussed in Thomas's interview with Sim Racing Girl @ 1:42 it appears the Podium Porsche wheel will be a "Modular Eco System" with "All the components available separately", so the wheel will likely require the purchase of:
    - Podium quick release adaptor
    - Podium shifter paddles
    - Porsche rim of choice (Suede Leather or Smooth Leather)
    - Podium Button Plate

You forgot the podium wheel adaptor, similar to the universal hub !
  • You forgot the podium wheel adaptor, similar to the universal hub !
    Thanks. Didn't realise the Podium Shifters have to attach to the Podium Universal Hub, This isn't going to be cheap. I expect (hope) that we should be able to by a complete Porsche Steering Wheel package to begin with. That may impact my decision to pre-order the paddles at this stage for anything other than the F1 LE 2018
  • Fanatec - for those who already pre-ordered the black friday F1 rim, and are thinking about using the voucher to upgrade to the magnetic shift module, is there anything else required to purchase to fit the f1 rim with magnetic shifters to the DD1?

• Well i'm waiting for the release of the porsche wheel showed at sim expo to be released so i can use my voucher ... still waiting :-)
  • Do you use the voucher in the area where the 'coupon code' is in the ordering?  Mine is a bust still.
  • Hey guys, this is why I have decided never to pre-order hardware from any manufacturer.  Wait until they have the product on their shelves ready to ship.  I suspect they are using your pre-order dollars to finance the last stages of development.  I pre-ordered a CSR Elite 7 years ago and of course it was delayed.  It was released but had many problems with motors such that I had to have my base replaced 3 times.  I sold the last one and said never again.
  • Hey guys, this is why I have decided never to pre-order hardware from any manufacturer.  Wait until they have the product on their shelves ready to ship.  I suspect they are using your pre-order dollars to finance the last stages of development.  I pre-ordered a CSR Elite 7 years ago and of course it was delayed.  It was released but had many problems with motors such that I had to have my base replaced 3 times.  I sold the last one and said never again.
    Why would you even bother to write a post on the webpage? since you have no pre-order?
  • Why would you even bother to write a post on the webpage? since you have no pre-order?

he wants you to know how smart he is
  • I spent my voucher on Clubsport Pedals V3 and they only took 2 days to arrive after payment.
    Quality stuff,thanks Fanatec.
  • edited December 2018
  • Filled my christmas need for a new base with a CSW v2.5. Figure I can unload it for a second rim when the DD shows up.

I really appreciate Fanatec taking care of their customers. They've turned a crappy situation into something I feel really pretty good about.  Got my first weekend in with the v2.5 and a BMW rim and couldn't have been happier.

Thank you again for making the bad news not so terrible!
  • Filled my christmas need for a new base with a CSW v2.5. Figure I can unload it for a second rim when the DD shows up.

I really appreciate Fanatec taking care of their customers. They've turned a crappy situation into something I feel really pretty good about.  Got my first weekend in with the v2.5 and a BMW rim and couldn't have been happier.

Thank you again for making the bad news not so terrible!
    Yes, every time I upgrade I get a great return on the pre owned market, helps me afford the new purchase.
  • @Thomas & Co at Fanatec

Thank you very much for the very generous credit due to the delays - regardless of some of the negativity in this thread - I really do not believe many companies would have been so generous.

Just took delivery of my new Shifter, Shifter Table Clamp (so the shifter fits on my F1GT rig) and handbrake for less than a quarter of the price.

As all "toys" I have from yourselves they really are fantastic quality and really do add to the experience :)

Thank you !

• Hi all. I’ve being contacting fanatec regarding my voucher for the DD1 order story not working, and they have reply to me to clean my caches on my computer or in other device. I did, and after that I log in and retry and still gives me the same error. Does anyone of you had the same issue?, and if yes how can be resolved?. I highly appreciate some help. Thanks.
  • edited December 2018
    Hi all. I’ve being contacting fanatec regarding my voucher for the DD1 order story not working, and they have reply to me to clean my caches on my computer or in other device. I did, and after that I log in and retry and still gives me the same error. Does anyone of you had the same issue?, and if yes how can be resolved?. I highly appreciate some help. Thanks.
    Okay on the 4th of Dec 2018

Did you get this email ?? 

Dear Valued Customer,

Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed. 
    The estimated shipping date for P WB DD1 EU / Podium Wheel Base DD1 is 04/30/2019 now.

You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards

FANATEC webshop 

if you cant see the message , just highlight it
  • Hi all. I’ve being contacting fanatec regarding my voucher for the DD1 order story not working, and they have reply to me to clean my caches on my computer or in other device. I did, and after that I log in and retry and still gives me the same error. Does anyone of you had the same issue?, and if yes how can be resolved?. I highly appreciate some help. Thanks.
    Okay on the 4th of Dec 2018

Did you get this email ?? 

Dear Valued Customer,

Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed. 
    The estimated shipping date for P WB DD1 EU / Podium Wheel Base DD1 is 04/30/2019 now.

You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards

FANATEC webshop 

if you cant see the message , just highlight it
    </blockquote No, is the first one Where it says that I have a voucher on regard the DD1 delay, and at the bottom of the e-mail there is the voucher code.
  • Is the live chat currently bugged ?

I have been trying for 2 days and with 3 different browsers, when I open a live chat session after filling the initial form the webpage is refreshed and I see a "live chat started" message, but I also see the chat window where I can enter name and question again, and choose between general or technical question with radio buttons at the top, and if I click the red "start chat" button at the bottom after filling this form in the chat window I just obtain a waiting circle turning forever:

• Merry Christmas to all of you fanatec team and customers.
  • Are there any news on the issue?? Is it really going to take 5 months to fix the problem?? ????
  • 5 months or sooner
  • edited December 2018
    5 months or sooner
    I’m hoping for second choice.