Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• The wheel you all bought with no specified release date. The wheel that you already know is delayed. The wheel that was delayed and pre-order customers were given $100 in credit for patiently waiting.

If I was Fanatec I would just cancel all of your orders. The level of nonsense Fanatec has to put up from this community is absolutely astounding.
    No issue with the delay. But this O wait till tomorrow for secret announcement nonsense is ridiculous. It's then announced a day early on other sites. All we want is updates I get it we were told April but is it to much to ask for a progress report Especially when they drop videos of it in use just last week. SIM girl is it?
  • By the way it had a release date when we brought it.
  • edited March 2018
    By the way it had a release date when we brought it.
    End of april. Little more patience ;)
  • Sim racing girl works with Fanatec. Developers and associates always get early production units. If fanatec ships directly from warehouse is China we might get them a wee bit early. The 24th is the latest possible date for all orders to be fulfilled.
  • Thank you Fanatec for taking your time and making sure we get quality products at a reasonable price, it's the reason I don't buy thrustmaster logitech or any other brand.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018
    May I ask a question about the McLaren Rim! The community may answer and hopefully Thomas Jackermeier.

I have only the CSL Elite wheel (PS4 version) for now, since I play only on PS4 so far, later maybe this year I want to upgrade to a gaming PC for Sim Racing.
    My question would be:
    Does it really make sense to buy other Rims ( McLaren, F1, BMW, Porsche or others ) when only playing on PS4?
    I ask because on PS4 I have games like, DIRT Rally, Assetto Corsa, Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2.
    In none of any game there is the possibility to customize and setup the buttons on the in game menu except the "standard rim" of the CSL Elite!
    No F1 rim button customizing in game and not for the Porsche or BMW rim, for the upcoming McLaren rim I also don't expect anything for the near future.
    Am I wrong or missing something? Maybe I am thinking wrong, but can tell someone please if other than standard rim buttons are customizable?Maybe they are and I don't know! Sorry if my question might seem stupid.

For the McLaren Rim, there are these new dual clutch features.....will that work in Gran Turismo Sport aswell? The Sim Racing Girl showed that on youtube on PC and with Assetto Corsa.
    She works for Fanatec now, what is her job or position with Fanatec?
    I wish she could also chime in here as a moderator for the FANATEC forum to answer questions and interact with the Fanatic customers and community.
    Thanks and happy easter to everyone!

• You are actually raising a very good point. Something we need to adress in our communication.

1. The button mapping will work with ANY of our steering wheels. The size and shape make a big difference as well

2. Dual Clutch will work with ANY game which supports a normal clutch

3. SInem (The Simracing girl) produces content for us. I am sure she will come by here as well.
  • Hello Thomas Jackermeier, thank you very much for answering so quickly.

I am more confident now to purchase some more Fanatec rims for my CSL Elite, especially at first the McLaren rim when it is available.

• Hello, There is a mention that you’ll be sending podium series out to potential customers. What do we need to do to show that we are customers? I have the CSW v2.5 currently and I will be 100% moving to a DD wheel. I prefer the Fanatec as its going to work with all my other Fanatec stuff so if you are going to send out pre production models out I’d like to order. I need to send in my CSW for repair and having a preproduction podium as back up would be great.
  • Hi,
    I've few questions about the Mclaren GT3 :

- There will be 2 "12-way multiposition switches". How does it work ? Is it just similar like 2 buttons + and - (like does the FunkySwitch rotary function) ? Or does it really works with position (if I put it on the position 4, I will have really the position 4 on the sim like for example about the TC on iRacing) ?

- Is it possible to not use the "buttons caps" ? I'm not really interested about it and I really like to have different colors about buttons.

This steering wheel looks really nice. I'm just a little afraid about the plastic feeling that it could have. And I must admit that I really don't like how the clutch pedals looks when I watch the wheel from the driver side. But I guess with that great price, I shouldn't ask too much.

I can't wait to try it. I would like to replace my Formula Rim (which is for the moment my favorite Fanatec steering wheel). I hope it will be nice !
  • This looks like a very important wheel for Fanatec and it looks perfect. How do I pre-order?
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited April 2018
    No it didn't. They EXTREMELY tentatively mentioned it could possibly be ready in February, and then told us sometime in April. They told you the day pre-orders went live that no precise release date was known.

If you have a problem with this just wait for products to be released. Your problem is self created.
  • The production of the McLaren is running smoothly and so far we look forward to ship it out by the end of the month as promised.
  • The production of the McLaren is running smoothly and so far we look forward to ship it out by the end of the month as promised.

Thanks for the information. It is always a great pleasure to be able to benefit from your communication and the respect that you grant to your customer.
    I missed the Black Friday Preorder, do you have an estimated date when you reopen to sell it?
    I missed the Black Friday Preorder, do you have an estimated date when you reopen to sell it?
    We will bring in all pre-ordered units by air freight so the new orders will be shipped some weeks after the pre-orders were shipped. As soon as all pre-order customers have their new wheel in hand we will open the pre-orders again.

• We will bring in all pre-ordered units by air freight so the new orders will be shipped some weeks after the pre-orders were shipped. As soon as all pre-order customers have their new wheel in hand we will open the pre-orders again.
    That is good to know, thanks for that information. Because I guess it is a good time to order the McLaren rim right after the presale customers got theirs, then we will see hopefully some reviews and more videos about it. I will order aswell after the first ones got their rim. 
  • By the way it had a release date when we brought it.
    No it didn't. They EXTREMELY tentatively mentioned it could possibly be ready in February, and then told us sometime in April. They told you the day pre-orders went live that no precise release date was known.

If you have a problem with this just wait for products to be released. Your problem is self created.
    Your not the brightest so I will end it here and not clutter the feed with your fanboy nonsense by encourging you. 
  • Thanks for the update on the timeline for shipping the McLaren rim. I don’t have a rim for my system at the moment and no pre-order so it’s looking like late May/June for the 2nd round of orders?

I’ll look forward to more product previews and initial reviews in the meantime, looks a like a great wheel!

• Is there any update on podium base / wheels reveals and ability to pre-order? I'm salivating at the mouth thinking about it.
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited April 2018

Your not the brightest so I will end it here and not clutter the feed with your fanboy nonsense by encourging you. 
    You seem to live in your own reality so I wouldn't recommend talking to any human ever again.
    Good stuff! Very much looking forward to it.
  • What about the Direct Drive? Unfortunately, I have been waiting since January 2017 for a product release (first message in a forum from Thomas) and my hopes for an early release in 2018, since the Expo 2017, have now been sheduled to summer 2018.

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years but my patience is slowly coming to an end. I hope you don't delete the product release again...
  • What about the Direct Drive? Unfortunately, I have been waiting since January 2017 for a product release (first message in a forum from Thomas) and my hopes for an early release in 2018, since the Expo 2017, have now been sheduled to summer 2018.

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years but my patience is slowly coming to an end. I hope you don't delete the product release again...
    Let's hope they are making the DD compatible with all platforms and is why the are taking to much time  :D, No seriously the say summer..... and for what we hear here will be a excellent product in a good price so don't get anxious......   
  • Let's hope they are making the DD compatible with all platforms and is why the are taking to much time  :D, No seriously the say summer..... and for what we hear here will be a excellent product in a good price so don't get anxious......   
    That would be great! I hope for PS4 compatibility too, right now 3.2 Mio units of GTS were sold, the console market is huge. On the other hand unfortunately the latest complications with PD doesn't imply that. We'll see.

• Hmmm, got the Feel VR kickstarter email today.  $399 for Wheel Base and GT steering wheel.  The "budget" direct drive space is getting more crowded.  Either way I am going to have to reconfigure my rig due to no front mounting on either the Feel VR or Podium wheel bases - another plus for OSW. Fanatec is providing relatively inexpensive wheels that are plug and play which is the main hook (IMO).  It will be interesting to see how this new entry impacts the market.
  • Here is the new DD steering wheel!

okay, what about sending equipment to someone who actually knows what Fanatec is .. he he
  • Daid Marx said:
    Hmmm, got the Feel VR kickstarter email today.  $399 for Wheel Base and GT steering wheel.  The "budget" direct drive space is getting more crowded.  Either way I am going to have to reconfigure my rig due to no front mounting on either the Feel VR or Podium wheel bases - another plus for OSW. Fanatec is providing relatively inexpensive wheels that are plug and play which is the main hook (IMO).  It will be interesting to see how this new entry impacts the market.
    I just want to see some announcement from Fanatec with a pre-order and possibly delivery date at this stage. I'm being tempted by all these other options!!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    That is the CSW v2.5 Not DD wheel.