Wheel more resistant from one day to the other

Something weird is happening to my wheel, I've tried updating everything and changing modes and shutting it off etc etc... my wheel from 2 days ago to today just has a bit more resistance than usual, my profiles and all game settings are the exact same, even when going back to center or while drifting the wheel is a bit slower than usual and I have to add my own input like it's a G29 or smthing but the force is still there.

I notice this mostly in one of the game's that I play, when I'm in the pause menu the game turns off all FFB so the wheel is all loose (when working fine) like it's disconnected, but not anymore there's a bit of that resistance there as well (in all other games too)

Any help?

Comments

• You should include as much info as you can. All hardware used, driver/firmware versions. Fanalab version if used. PC/console both? You say there's one game you notice issue in most, but don't say what game. People will have a better chance to help if they have as much info as possible. Hopefully you'll get it sorted.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 17

it little sounds like one of the bug what i know.

how many times you go into menu when that started happened?

fanatec drivers could have memory leak for the ffb effects when turning off and on multi times.

there could be very weird results after that.

it could be also game bug but you need be more specific really.

• My bad guys, didn't leave enough info, this is for PC, Fanatec CSL DD + Steering Wheel P1 V2 + CSL Pedals + Thrustmaster TH8S, and firmware versions are the following:

Game I was mentioning is Live For Speed but it's for any game, even when not in a game u easily notice a bit more resistance to the wheel than normal, this does not happen when the wheel is turned off.

• So if your wheel has changed its feeling did this occur when you updated FW? Is the change consistent now in that the increase is the same every time you use it? Or does it vary each time you use it?

If you updated and the change is now consistent you could just adjust your settings

FW wise you could drop back to the FW in driver 451 or update to FW in 452 to see what happens

• Might be useful too if you could show us your Fanatec driver settings (tuning menu) Natural Friction setting can still cause issues apparently.

"Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)"

Might be worth a look.

• These are my most used settings, i have other setups for Trucking etc...

No the changes did not come with updates as the last update was quite long ago, it was from one day to the other, literally no changes in FFB settings in ANY game or the wheel setups either, and IDK to what point Natural Friction would cause it to feel weird "after some time" because i've had these setups for a few months now and haven't touched them at all.

And yes the change is consistent, the wheel is just more resistant, it returns to center sluggishly like a G29 or smthing, the FFB doesn't feel "as free" so to speak.

• The Natural friction thing is on the known issues list for the CSL DD. But if you've had those settings for a long time you're definitely going to notice the kind of changes in feeling your talking about. Makes it sound like a hardware issue then, not that I'm saying that's what it is. You could as Neil said above, try updating to latest firmware 462 to see if that makes any difference. Although maybe best to hang on and see if any other suggestions come up.

• Sorry I meant 462 which has newer FW versions

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 17

Zackereyyyyy

when you made last time the pc restart?

if you run pc like me 24/7, perhaps you may need todo pc restart

• I've restarted my PC a few times lately already, including after the problems started.

What is FW btw? and I'm pretty sure, as shown, my drivers are all up to date so IDK what the 462 is.

And I'm guessing if it is hardware i'll just have to send it back right?

And if it's that Natural Friction issue you guys are talking about, is there a way to fix it? A way to "reset to factory"?

• what else you play? does it happen also with

rFactor 1

F1 Challenge 99-02

Assetto corsa

Race 7

GTR 2

Euro Trucks Simulator 2

Richard Burns Rally

Stock Car Extreme

GRID 2

BeamNG

Automobilista

• Yes, it happens on other games, I play AC, ETS 2, BeamNG and iRacing, as said before i can notice it when not in a game too, it just doesn't happen when the wheel is turned off, as soon as it's on i can feel more resistance than usual.

• sounds like something happened with your hardware.

but to you try older drivers? like Neil Reuben suggested?