Clubsport Formula 2.5 Wheel Issues - Update Mode stuck (Red Pulse) after attaching

edited July 23 in Steering Wheels

I switched from a CSW 2.5 to a CSL DD. I thought I'd get a Clubsport 2.5 Formula wheel for it. I already have a Clubsport BMW V1 wheel, which still works perfectly. I use these with QR1.

The issue: Yesterday, the Formula 2.5 wheel arrived. I attached it to the base, it requested an update, I updated the wheel, and had a 20-minute race with everything working perfectly.

Last night, I sat in the rig again to race with it, but then I experienced that after turning on the base, once it calibrates itself, the USB connection drops after 2-3 seconds, and the LED starts pulsing red as if the base is switching to update mode. The OLED display on the wheel doesn't even turn on.

If the wheel is on the base when I turn it on, this phenomenon always occurs. If the Formula 2.5 is not on it, the base works fine on its own and does not disconnect. It also works perfectly with the BMW V1 wheel.

If I turn on the base without a wheel, then attach the Formula 2.5 afterwards, the same thing happens: the base switches to update mode with pulsing red lights, and neither the base nor the wheel is visible via USB.

I tried downgrading the base to 455 and also tried 457, but with neither does it see anything.

It's as if the Formula 2.5 is stuck in update mode, and the base always switches to it. However, the manual wheel firmware recovery doesn't see the wheel either, and I can't solve the problem in any way.

I still have my old CSW 2.5 base, and the Formula 2.5 does the same thing on it as well. As soon as I attach it, the 4 LEDs around the power button start spinning, just like when it's in update mode. It works with other wheels, so it’s definitely something with the Formula 2.5 wheel.

I've already contacted support, but it's a brand new wheel used for only 20 minutes, so I'd like to resolve this.

CSL DD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKTAtXEBz9g

CSW 2.5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8U5EmrLBbg

Comments

• Hi: I have the same issue. Anyone knows how to solve it? I only have that wheel and haven't been able to race for a couple of weeks.

• edited September 1

I've already contacted support, and they sent me a few potential solutions. I’ll describe them in case they help you, though they didn’t solve my issue. I'm still waiting for a response.

Here’s what I received

1. Inspect the pins at the back of the steering wheel for any broken or missing ones. If everything looks fine, proceed to the next step.
    2. Detach the QR Base side of the wheel base and reassemble it. Use a torque wrench to tighten the clamp to 15 NM. You can see how it should look in the attached photo.( youtube.com/watch?v=q73Kw6knoBQ )
    3. Inspect the screws around the connection pins and ensure all are hand-tightened. Use 3 mm and 2 mm Allen keys for the screws, with the maximum torque shown in the picture.

For software:

1. Check for any pending Windows Updates.
    2. Connect the wheel base directly to a USB port on your PC’s motherboard. Avoid using a USB hub or extension cable.
    3. Disable any antivirus programs before installing the latest FANATEC Driver Package.
    4. Install the latest FANATEC Driver Package from: https://FANATEC.com/eu-en/driver
    5. Open the Firmware Update Manager in the FANATEC Control Panel and perform all available firmware updates.