V3 pedals brake stuck at 100%

Hi,

I bought my first sim set up just over a month ago. Ever since I got the V3 pedals I've had to constantly calibrate them before every single use - initially I put it down to perhaps a bug that would get sorted with a later firmware update.

It kept getting worse and worse, needing multiple calibrations per session

I raised a support ticket with Fanatec on 2nd of July. I haven't heard anything since. I've messaged them on Instagram and I at least got a reply at first. Sadly they just didn't read my message and suggested I check my UPS tracking numbers... now they have stopped replying too.

I'm at a loss what to do - I've had it about a month and 50% of that time I've been unable to use it!! I even said can I buy a replacement load cell as that to me seems to be the issue - again no response! I just want to be able to use my set up...

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it or how to get a replacement part without having to order a whole other set of pedals, please let me know!

(I use it on GT7 so am a bit limited what other brands I can go for, else I'd be returning it already)

Comments

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

I agree with you, looks like it could be the loadcell sensor. Support ticket to Fanatec is the correct process probably so you can get the loadcell part replacement(if still under warranty) or purchase the sensor from them... however awaiting process will test your patience. Looks like you converted to 2 pedal setup and the unit doesn't look new, so that may be adding to Fanatec response delay (I'm just guessing).

Something to try maybe, good luck!

1) try unplugging the loadcell cable from PCB board (also verify it is plugged in correct port), power on & off the unit, then re-plug the cable and see anything changes.

2) check to make sure your elastomers (rubber springs) are seated correctly (take them out to see if it still reads 100%, probably a good sign it is the loadcell sensor)

3) try setting the pedal to Min / 0 while it shows 100%, then recalibrate

4) you may be able to find parts on ebay, maybe worth a look

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited July 16

try turning off manual calibration then hold brake pedal at 100% force for over 2 secs, then release. Does it now respond?

The auto calibration feature will set 100% at whatever you hold it at for over 2 secs. I’ve had some odd behavior in manual mode.

Some times switching between manual and auto and back again will clear the settings as well

Also in GT7 there is a similar function - try going to options controllers and controller settings to see the response and repeat the press and hold to set max values

Regarding load cell could be seated wrong - find a video about removing and reinstalling the load cell in the pedal assembly

• George HindleGeorge Hindle Member
    edited July 16

Thanks, I’ve tried all of the above - unplugging it. Taking everything apart and putting it back together. It just constantly reads 100% - in the video I calibrate it at minimum and still stays at 100%.

regarding the pedals - they’re not even a month old….

I have been looking for replacement load cells - there seems to be quite a mix of options from cheap tat, through to £150 200kg load cells which to be fair do look a lot more likely to last. Are they all just plug and play or do they need coding in? Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement one?