Optimising Your Fanatec Setup with the Playseat Evolution: Practical Tips and Insights

I'm thrilled to share that I received my long-awaited DD Pro wheel from Fanatec and the CSL Load Cell Pedal and Boost Kit last Friday. I promptly set up the equipment in my sim rig, and everything functions flawlessly, with precision akin to a Swiss watch.

Credit is due where it's deserved. Fanatec delivered an impeccable setup this time despite my earlier concerns about delays. The wheelbase, pedal, and steering wheel all exhibit remarkable quality.

For those using a Playseat Evolution, I have a practical tip for adjusting the wheelbase angle. By adding two small pieces of wood wrapped in black electrical tape to the front of the wheelbase mount and using slightly longer bolts at the front, you can achieve a slight angle. However, it's vital to proceed with caution and common sense to avoid any damage.

When setting up your CSL Load Cell Pedal, I recommend visiting the Fanatec website to download the installer. Given the flexibility of the pedal board on the Playseat Evolution, this will allow you to make necessary adjustments to your brake pedal for optimal performance. I've found that adjusting the force to 5% provides the best experience despite the default setting being 30%.

Lastly, don't forget to update the firmware of both the steering wheel and wheelbase. For the CSL Load Cell Pedal, use the supplied USB cable to connect directly to the pedal and disconnect the RJ12 cable from the wheelbase. Ensure you have two USB cables connected to your laptop, one for the wheelbase and one for the brake pedal.

Happy racing!