VAT and import costs

Hello everyone, I am new to fanatec and was looking to buy the ready2race McLaren bundle (5nm) which is priced at £410. However when I check the price at checkout, it totals to around £370. Is that extra £40ish all of the total additional fees or is there more?

Comments

• Yes I did read that but I was still confused. Excluding the UPS fees would the bundle I want to buy be £410?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited May 7

if you at uk, you to need pay also something for customs after item transported to your county

im assuming that 40 self what you talked is a transport

• edited May 13

The German 19% VAT is taken off at checkout.

You will need to pay UPS the UK VAT (20%) plus handling fees (about £12). All in all, its about the same price as the total listed on the Fanatec webiste originally.

Dont forget exchange rates fluctuate - so that might make a difference as well, since youll be charged in Euros from Fanatec

• Bruce JohnsonBruce Johnson Member
    edited May 13

I think you'll find the price quoted on the Fanatec website is in Euros. Euro = €, GBP = £. In my experience of buying stuff from Fanatec (I am in the UK) the price quoted, works out about the price pounds. So in your case the price is €410; you'll end up paying about £410. The exchange rate is taken up by the shipping costs.

Obviously the exchange rate changes so the price you pay will. As an example I have seen people complaining that when they have cancelled orders they have received back less than they paid. This is because of the exchange rate. In my case I cancelled my last order and got back more than I paid.