How often does your QR2 disconnect

Was racing today and pedals weren’t working at beginning of the race. Realised my QR2 had become loose so re-seated it firmly and tightened the collar. Reason why pedals weren’t working is they are plugged into my wheel base.

everything working as normal now but wondering if this is the start of a long term issue or whether it had simply become loose over time.

for context, the connection had been fine for 6 months.

so wanna hear everyone’s thoughts - have people experienced similar - assume this isn’t something to worry too much about?

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited April 21

not had any disconnect yet

• Yeah think it’s probably a one off for me. In fairness I haven’t torqued the bolts down to 8nm as per the manual as don’t have a torque wrench so will see how it fairs over the coming months and will buy one if necessary but I’m pretty sure it’s tight enough for now.

been on it for the last few hours and it seems fine again.

still think the clamp design is a bit flawed though, would be better to have something that is impossible to slip off.

• Literally never.

It's properly designed, and based on automotive real world race QR's.

Pins still make me a little nervous if I'm honest, but I've never had a disconnect or fail to power up.

• Yeah but real racing cars don’t use clamps to keep the QR in, that’s why i’m saying the design isn’t perfect. Sim cube, simagic and asertek all have designs where it’s impossible for the wheel to become disconnected as a result of human error.

• just tighten the thing properly and you won't have a problem. real cars have thousands of connections that require correct tightening so what you are saying is just not true.