GT DD PRO WHEEL RIM NOT DETECTED, STEERING AND FFB WORKING. UNABLE TO UPDATE WHEEL RIM

Hello all, I recently received my GT DD PRO. First day everything was working fine for about two races. I then lost the steering wheel controls. I found out about the clamp issue and was on and off able to play the game but kept having the steering wheel controls disconnect. I finally decided to try and back date my driver to 455 and was not able to get the wheel to ever take an update. Software "0" was showing, every other component was able to update. When I connect the wheel, the "F" Fanatec logo illuminated white but the buttons for the wheel are still inop. When trying to update, the lights on the base cycle through and I get the message, " proceed update with other wheels" and then it acts like the wheel is updated, but then falls back into the update loop. Super frustrated, I ordered the QR2 and the loadcell brake pedal since I was going to get that at some point anyway. I installed the QR2 and was hoping this was the end all. I am having the exact same issues and cannot get the wheel to be recognized or updated. I used to be able to reconnect the wheel on the QR1 and get the steering controls for a few minutes, and am now not able to get the buttons to work at all. The weird thing is that the wheel shows up in the fanalab driver software but not in the firmware updater. While on PC, I can use the wheel for steering and get FFB, buttons still don't work, but cannot on the PS5 since you need to have the buttons functional to sign-in as a controller. I have tried 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545 and 546 drivers with no luck. I am stumped on what the issue is. I have also tried different USB C cables and have tried to route the wires where no interreference is occurring. At this point, I am waiting on the 547 driver to come out hoping that its a software issue. An insight is appreciated. I did start a support ticket with Fanatec but am not sure when I will get answers.

TIA

-FANATEC NOOB

Comments

• Hi mate! A lot of people (including me) are having this firmware 0 issue when connecting the steering wheel to the base and it just happens that the buttons do not work and the OLED screen only shows the F... I was able to solve it by installing the 455 drivers and updated to the latest version of firmware (I recommend uninstalling fanalab or closing it completely before updating because it was throwing errors). When I turn on the base after doing the calibration, I connect the steering wheel and move it from left to right (just a little) and it recognizes it correctly but at one point it appeared with firmware 0 and the ring still recognized me, letting me use the buttons... This issue of fw 0 letting me use the steering wheel happened to me with the 456 drivers that I also tried but then it started to fail, after a while of trying I went back to the 455 as I told you and it worked again. I hope it serves you as it did me and at the same time we pray that these errors are solved with the 457 drivers. The last recommendation is if you enter in the infinite firmware update loop of the steering wheel don't do it, just turn off the base and try again..

• same problem on my Formula V2 steering wheel F1 2021 LE: firmware 0 and it entered in the infinite firmware update loop of the steering wheel... Il Try to downgrade to 455 driver to see if that solve the issue, then waiting for 457 driver.