Csl DD 5nm really weak xbox sx

Hi there.

I finally out my hands on a DD 5nm mclaren wheel. Coming from a g920 I couldn’t be more frustrated once I connected everything and teste it on ACC. FFB is very mushy and almost ineffective, seems like a spring with no real effects. You can feel some information coming to the wheel but c’mon! My g920 does a lot more than that.

On F1 it seems to work better, but yet very springy, and not resistant, but at least something is happening, but on ACC, what a shame, really weak.

Im on 1.9.9.0 I tried to mess around with Mclaren wheel sets, but nothing seems to change.

I don’t have a windows to try upgrading firmware.

any clue? I’m really thinking about returning it

thanks a lot.

Comments

• edited April 11

You don’t have a PC to upgrade the firmware?

There is no way a G920 should feel better than a CSL DD 5Nm.

ACC is the only game I play. I used to play on XSX with a CSL DD 8Nm, and now I play on PC with the Clubsport DD 12Nm.

All to say, I have experience on both platforms and wheel bases.

What car are you using, and what are your wheelbase settings, and your in-game FFB settings on ACC?

Will help you best I can, but lost ALL your settings so we can narrow it down and help you.

• Thanks for commenting...

I'm going to ask a friend to used his windows PC (I only have Mac) to update firmware.

I've been testing with AMG, but it's very weak. With McLaren I had a bit better experience, but still far from the g920.

Strangely FFB is a lot stronger on F1 game.

--Here are my settings-- (I'm still studying and playing around with them)

SEN 480 (playing on McLaren)

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 85

NFR 85

NIN. 85

INT 1 (I feel more the curbs with 1, but still very weak)

FEI 100

—-In game—-

gain 65

Dynamic damping 100

Road effects 10

• NDP, NFR and NIN are "Natural" effects. Their purpose is to add a brake to the FFB, so that the reactions of the steering wheel can simulate the mechanics to which the steering wheel of a real car is connected. It is actually a brake, which slows down the acceleration transmitted by the game's FFB. And the details of the FFB are given by acceleration, rather than force. These are values ​​that must be savored. There is no rule, but if the sum of the three reaches 20 it is already too much.

Personally, with new games like ACC I find them absolutely useless, because the game already calculates the effects of the mechanics on the steering wheel. (Dynamic damping 100 seems too much)

Furthermore, the McLaren steering wheel already anesthetizes the FFB, because it has a large diameter and ergonomic grips, so I wouldn't use these effects, while a small steering wheel like the formula could have too strong reactions, and a bit of natural braking could help control the vehicle , especially in skids.

Finally, I would lower these effects even more if you only have 5 Nm.

85, 85, 85 is really too high, the FFB coming from the game can't move the steering wheel.

Set all three to zero, and you'll see that the game's FFB will make it to the wheel.

• Man, you saved my day!

I've set the three to 6, 6, 6 (0 gave a weird feeling) . The wheel now shines! I can feel every curb and put the car specifically where I want on the track.

Coming from a G920, all of these things are new to me, and it was very tough to find clear info on the web. (specially for xbox)

Thank you very much for having the time to respond.

Cheers!