Push Xbox to support LSB + RSB

LSB + RSB aren't currently supported on Xbox, I am trying to push this to be supported via their Feature Request.

Please upvote this comment on Reddit so we can apply 2 more button inputs in ACC, F1, Forza, Rally,... etc. etc. etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1bwlsuf/comment/kyo5kz8/

Comments

• edited April 8

No need to push anything. Xbox already did their part over 2 years ago by finally providing Xbox GDK so those features can be supported when a SDK is built.

The respective Fanatec SDK build on this GDK is developed and shared with game developers already. First games like Forza have implemented it already. It's now just up to Fanatec to implement the new features into the firmware and then ultimatively in the end it will be up to game developers to support all the new features like more buttons. Which will mean only new games and games still supported will get this features. If a game is EOL and dont get patches anymore, then the new Xbox features will never work on this games.

The implementation into the Firmware is planned for sometime this year.

• Daniel BangDaniel Bang Member
    edited April 9

So it is on Fanatec to update their firmware?

Because when I test those buttons (in Xbox Accessories) labeled as RSB & LSB they return RB & LB.

• This was the answer I got from Fanatec Support where they blame Xbox for being limited on the support.

"Thanks for your inquiry. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the standard Xbox controller (gamepad). Only the 'LS' and 'RS' (clickable sticks on the Xbox gamepad) are not accessible.

When you connect an Xbox wheel to a compatible Fanatec Wheel Base, all connected Fanatec hardware becomes detectable by the Xbox, i.e. the wheel base itself, the pedals, the shifter, and the handbrake. Some of our wheels have many additional buttons and switches that you don't find on a gamepad; these inputs are either mapped as duplicates of normal gamepad buttons or have no function on Xbox.

Steering wheel displays and LEDs are also not currently supported by the Xbox OS (the display is still accessible to adjust Tuning Menu settings). Microsoft is in the process of opening up the Xbox OS to support more features of third-party input devices in the near future."

• When did you got this answer?

This is definitely no longer true since 2 years and it seems not everyone at support is aware of this if this a recent answer...