Disappointment CSL DD

After so much online research, I made the decision to buy the csl dd 5nm kit, and I came to the conclusion that my Logitech steering wheel has the same consistency and performance, I don't feel any type of upgrade, the same amount of force, the same forcefeedback information, I don't know what the I tried everything but I'm simply unhappy with my purchase.

I have to say that the whole process was VERY quick without any problems, the materials are of spectacular quality, the steering wheel is excellent and very good to the touch but I think this could actually be the problem, 5nm for such a large steering wheel simply does not transmit force and sufficient signal.

I have seen some reviews online that possibly upgrading to 8nm could solve the problem, but I feel that spending more money without knowing is a shot in the dark...

At the end of the day I feel like I paid for the aesthetics and not the performance as I hardly feel any difference other than the noise and the quality of the materials...

It is a shame....

Comments

• edited April 4

You paid for the performance, but you just had wrong expectations how strong (or not strong) 5 Nm are with the respective wheel you chose...

Dont know how this can be the products fault...

• Maybe I'm not expressing myself well, my complaint is not the strength of the steering wheel but rather the lack of immersion on the track, I don't feel the road, the tires on the road, when the car slides from behind I don't have any sensation on the steering wheel, maybe the My expectations were wrong but I thought it would have a more real feeling on the dd than Logitech... I tried changing a lot of settings but I only feel it when I left the track but I don't have any sensation on the track...

• Maybe I'm not expressing myself well, my complaint is not the strength of the steering wheel but rather the lack of immersion on the track, I don't feel the road, the tires on the road, when the car slides from behind I don't have any sensation on the steering wheel, maybe the My expectations were wrong but I thought it would have a more real feeling on the dd than Logitech... I tried changing a lot of settings but I only feel it when I left the track but I don't have any sensation on the track...

• The 5nm Version is simply not enough torque to feel the details. did you have set FFS to peak if not and u use linear setting you have only 4nm. but at the end of the day 8nm is the minimum where the fun begins. then you must look that your base is not clipping. that means you feel zero details and only the resistance when you turn the wheel.

• It's all relative, coming from a G29, the difference with 5Nm should be obvious.

But not if you kill all your FFB with too high added effects, I'm referring to NDR, NFR and NIN.

Resetting those settings brings out the details. Then if the steering wheel feels too loose on center, you raise them, but as a rule of thumb, the sum of the three settings shouldn't exceed 20.

You also can't use the same settings in game that you used with the G29. If you used to use 100% FFB in the game settings, you will now have to use between 60 and 70%.

• You also havent said what game. Have you used the Fanatec recommended settings from within this forum?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited April 5

If you set everything max in game then you end at situatsioon that some details are eaten out. There should be difference between logiteck cheap ones vs fanatec aswell because its more smooth.

Details self not increase tho but you should able feel them little better at 5nm

If you want feel details even better you may need much stronger one. For examle my DD2 i enjoy the gerbs as it want drag me out in track. Csl dd you may not get that much feeling