Need Advice Resolving Shipping Issue with Fanatec

I'm a big fan of Fanatec gear; it's always been top-notch. But I ran into a bit of a snag with my latest order, and I thought maybe you guys could help me figure this out.

So, I ordered the CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit, the Boost Kit 180 (8Nm), and the Gran Turismo DD Pro on March 3. Everything was shipped out via UPS, but then, out of the blue, I got word that my package got turned around in Seville and sent back to Hamburg. Bit of a mystery why.

I've thrown a ticket into the support black hole, but I haven't heard back yet. I get it; these things take time, and support is probably swamped.

Here's a thought. What if I just arrange for another courier to pick up my stuff from Hamburg and ship it directly to me? I'm totally up for covering the costs if that means getting my gear without any more hiccups.

Is that something Fanatec would go for? Has anyone had to do something similar?

Really appreciate any advice you can give or if someone from Fanatec could weigh in. Just looking to get my setup ready to go and hoping for a smooth resolution.

I love the Fanatec brand and hope to sort out this minor inconvenience.

Cheers!

Comments

• James MarksJames Marks Member
    edited March 20

I think that plan will fall apart pretty quickly seeing as how it will likely require that you actually speak with someone at Fanatec.

• Why do you not just contact UPS and have them explain why your package has been misrouted? And find out what they are doing to correct their mistake?

• Quick update, everyone: I contacted UPS Gibraltar, and they pointed out that the problem is due to incorrect paperwork.

James, you're spot on – there hasn't been any action from Fanatec's side to fix this yet.

It isn't very reassuring, honestly. Fanatec makes fantastic products, but leaving customers hanging without support for days is unacceptable!

• Friends, after digging into this, I discovered that when shipping stuff with UPS or DHL, it's up to the sender to ensure the paperwork is accurate. 

This means handling all the shipping labels, customs forms, and any other necessary documentation to ensure the parcel passes without any issues. UPS and DHL will check the paperwork and offer guidance, but the sender is responsible for its accuracy. 

• sound like a ballache that does... when did you order it all ? in the mist of all the madness or was it reticently. mate ordered last month and got it 14 days later no problems.

• I placed my order on March 3. Everything was fine until the package reached Seville, Spain, then had to return to Hamburg due to incorrect paperwork. I've opened a ticket but have yet to hear back. While I'm willing to wait a few weeks, the silence is frustrating. Despite the annoyance, I like their products and hope this is just a minor setback.

• New update:

We've formed a dedicated team of experienced sim racers to investigate ongoing and past issues related to Fanatec orders and products. At this preliminary stage, I will hold off on further comments until I receive a response from the company regarding the orders.

Sadly, following the advice received, I will be submitting a third ticket. This time, I'll make a straightforward request and ask them to disregard the previous two tickets. I will keep you updated on the response time for this third ticket and the duration it takes for the company to fulfil my simple request. 

I must admit, I am truly gutted by this whole situation!

• Here is a quick update on my order saga, and it's got a bit of a twist. After some detective work with my sim-racing crew, we bumped into a local politician in our tiny slice of paradise, Gibraltar. Given our cosy size of 6.7 square kilometres, you're guaranteed to meet everyone, including our politicians, just by walking around.

The issues I faced with my Fanatec order aren't exactly rare around these parts. Our geographical quirks and political landscape throw a unique wrench into the works. The minister shared how these challenges are part of why there's a push for a treaty with the EU, especially since 95% of us voted to stay in the European market.

So, neither Fanatec nor UPS dropped the ball on this one. Armed with this new insight and considering how much I like Fanatec's top-notch gear and reasonable prices, I've decided to give my order another go but at a different address recommended by the minister.

I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly this time. I'm all geared up to dive into Fanatec's world and plan to make more purchases down the line.

• Hang in there ! hope it's sorted out soon !!!