DD Extreme (DD+) FFB Dropout

Got the unit yesterday, ran short stints to tune settings etc

Tonight running iRacing in a long race the FFB and wheel controls died (40 minutes), I could accelerate, brake and steer (without FFB) but couldn't change gear or use buttons on the wheel.

Does this sound like a hardware based issue? It was able to get to the pit (Oval race so had high gear which I needed) powered cycled in the pit stop and everything came back and finished the race (45 minutes).

Want to know if I need to start the RMA process

Comments

• Its a known driver issue and will be fixed with the next firmware. Should be out latest next week.

Have the same issue. So just a bit patience needed

• MikstaMiksta Member

No worries, hopefully sorted out soon as it is an excellent piece of equipment

• Hi, I bought the exact same package as you and got the clubsport v3 pedals along with a new rig from TrakRacer, the TR80. I have the exact same problem as you.

I have had these issues for 20 days now as i recieved mine on feb 29th.

Initially I was having the issue of the funkystick (shit name) stop working in menu's and it would suddenly start changing a mystery setting.

All my firmware and drivers are up to date, as I am sure yours are.

I would love to get 40 mins use out of it! I gave up trying because the most I got was 25 mins.

Today I thought I would try again! I manages 2 laps of Monza before it went, yes a total of two warm up laps and was just blasting down straight to do my 1st push lap.

I have a £2,500 paperweight thanks to fanatec and as I'm disabled (multiple respiratory issues) it is the only outlet I really have!

Fanatec have made me so unhappy!

• Try this combination of Fanalab, driver and firmware. This combination is working for me, I had the same problem before I started using this combo. Fanalab V26, driver V455 and firmware V2.0.1.4

• Hi Barry, I have had this advice before but to go back you have to flash the firmware and it warns about bricking up the base. It scared me enough to not do it!

Appreciate the time you took to reply though

• If your unsure fair enough, I have flashed my firmware numerous times without any problem, just take your time and follow the instructions exactly. You only need to flash the firmware for the base. If you decide to, do not touch your wheel or do anything else on your computer while flashing the firmware. You'll still have to flash the firmware when the update becomes available.

• MikstaMiksta Member

I tried to roll back my firmware last night but it would disconnect my USB and not reconnect but not sure I was doing it 100% correctly

• I really love how nice everyone is here. I just wish Fanatec would see it so they know how they are affecting people.

• I’ve got the same problem. I’m on the verge of asking for a refund now. This things unusable. I’ve tried driver 456. Still the same. Followed all the steps that have been suggested.

this is my second unit now too. The first one was taken back for massive coil whine issue. so I’ve had to pay import twice. With no response from fanatec about a refund on that.

any news on when this new miracle driver will come out? This has genuinely ruined me using my rig now for a long time. Wish I hadn’t bothered.