Clubsport DD 12nm doesn't work after no more than 20 hours of use.

I sent out a support ticket, but until there are some official news from fanatec, I wanted to ask the forum if the problem is widespread or if I am the only unlucky one.

The wheel base seems to be receiving power as if I connect mclaren gt3 v2 wheel to it the little screen turns on displaying the Fanatec branding "F" letter.

I used it for no more than 20 hours, everything was perfectly fine until it just wasn't turning on. The power light on the power brick is green, but the power light on the wheel base's power button doesn't light up as it did prior to the issue. I am guessing its partially bricked ?

Anyone else had the same issue and got it fixed ? How was the process and what was the officially stated problem that caused it in the first place ? Any info would be nice, as I made sure that everything is hooked up and connected properly how it is shown in user manuals.

New costumer, Domantas.

Comments

• Same issue. I recieved an email back from Fanatec with an RMA & shipping instructions saying I will grt a separate email with a shipping label from the repairs department. I waited over a week. I recoeved an email from FedEx with a shipping label, however no information attached so I'm not sure if this is for my Clubsport DD or not. I'm assuming it is but I don't want to just send it out not knowing for sure. Tried calling the phone number attached to the shipping label however it just goes straight to a generic voicemail. I'm now waiting to hear back if this is what the label is for.

• Thanks for the comment Joshua, if you don't mind saying, are you in EU dealing with the issue? I heard in USA it's at best a 3 month process.

Also for around how long have you been in this process ? Want to know if ill have to dust off my trusty Thrustmaster T300rs until this is resolved ? :D

• I believe to know why the bricking happens...

If you try to power off the base while its booting up ( don't know to which extent exatly ), i believe it causes the bricking to happen for some reason. Some software issue ???

Who ever has it working good to this point, just in case, try to avoid doing this until some official fix or solution comes out, unless you want to go through the RMA process, but inform the public :D.

Fanatec please try it out if you can and correct me if im wrong.

• I'm in the US. So far it has been around a month. I haven't been able to send it in yet. Who knows how long it will be for a turn around after I send it in. Had been more aware of the issues with Fanatec service, which I have experienced from the beginning with the order process until now, I would have gone a different direction. I've started looking at going with a different manufacturer and just selling my stuff which I was able to use for less than 2 months. I like the product, I just have no confidence in the durability or product support.

• Only time will show how durable it is in the long run, that's why warranty exists. Product support will get better in the future, I just hope they don't plan on releasing anything new until all these shipping, durability, and other problems get solved for good.

I have asked about the warranty period and if I get another faulty one will it also be replaced or is it a one time deal. Ill keep the forum updated on what answer I get if I get it at all...