Gran Turismo DD+ Extreme Out The Box After First Firmware Update DEAD!

I got my Gran Turismo DD+ Extreme delivered yesterday, 03/01/24; from FedEx. Excited, happily mounted it, it turned on, wheel went round and round upon booting. Put it into my PS5, doesn’t seem to be recognized so I figure it might need that first firmware update. So I go connect it to my PC to update the firmware. I follow the instructions exactly. When I go look, the power button is no longer lit up or red; the wheel however, all 4 analogs are lit up white. Pressing buttons on the wheel does nothing; holding the power button for 3 seconds and 10 seconds does nothing. The wheel and base both are completely unresponsive. Not once was I ever able to properly use it or play a game with it. As for the situation on my hand, some forums say its defective out the box, some say the firmware crashed and bricked it. Either way, as anyone spending that amount of money can imagine, a new item out the box should not be having these issues. A big part of me wants to send it back and get my money back which in fact I have already started the refund process because I am so disappointed in Fanatec selling me something that doesn’t work out the box. I hope they read this and give me a solution, otherwise its going back. Has anyone here experienced this? Your help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Sounds like a bricked wheelbase. The only solution is to contact the support team to request an RMA.

• Same here. No force feedback at all. I can enter the wheel settings menu but I can not adjust anything.

• Same issue happened to me. I even hadn’t gotten a chance to play it. No response after raising a ticket for one week!

• Hi, may I asked if your issue is resolved? My dd extreme wheel all the sudden turned off by itself and won’t turn back on anymore, even though all 4 analog white lights are on.