Is high force feedback to blame?

I just set up my new DD1 and am starting to work through all of the learning curves of the settings as this is my first direct drive system. I am in the process of getting everything sorted settings wise in Iracing at the moment. I love the setup so far from what I can tell but there is an issue that every time I make contact with the wall, or spin where there is a high input of force feedback given, no matter the car, the steering in the game gets unaligned with the wheel in my hand and the steering is unusable until i go back in and recalibrate the in game steering. Is this a result of too high force feedback or another user error such as trying to hold onto the wheel during impact/slide. I apologize in advance if this is a common sense thing as i am not the most tech savvy individual and this is a lot to take in. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Damage to the car?

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited February 26

If the misalignment is still there after a reset of the car within iRacing, than it sounds like the collar that should hold the QR on the DD1 motor-axle is not tight enough and slips within the motor-axle.

Try to tighten the 2 screws on the collar that holds the QR in place on your base. The manual states to tighten to 10Nm. Also make sure the 2 slits in the motor axle aligned with the slits in the collar.

But on the other hand it's also not really wise to hold the wheel, now you can maybe keep the wheels in your hand but there will be one day you will not be able to hold the wheel, with some injuries as a result.

• in real life those usually who think that they can hold steering wheel at impact usually ends at hospital with hand damage