PBMR & PAPM

I'd like to put these two together, but I'm not sure if they are compatible. They would go with a Podium Hub, and a Cube Control GT-Zero rim. I saw Maurice's wheel, and thought it was sharp as heck, but I really want paddle shifters at the same time. Anyone know if this will work, or am I just out of luck. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Don CollinsDon Collins Member
    edited February 25

Yeah, now I can see the paddles hiding in the background. Sweet wheel! Did you have much trouble putting it together? With a wheel like that, I wouldn't always be in VR mode. Do the buttons map out decently for GT7, if that's even a sim you do.

• I have the combo with the Podium Advance Paddles and it's a perfect fit. It was very easy to put together. I originally had it on a Turn Racing R305 and whilst it fits the button module sits too far forward. Button mapping is easy in the sims I use (AC and ACC).

• Good to hear. I've got the PBMR and the PAPM coming in Thursday, with the GT Zero rim arriving on Friday. Unfortunately, the Podium Hub/QR2 is a pre-order for the 21st; it's going to be a long wait, made even longer staring at the parts I already have. I'm hoping mine doesn't sit too far forward, but won't know until later this week. Good to know about the button mapping, although I've already checked out the PBMR's documentation. I think the mapping will be acceptable, although not quite to the caliber of the extreme wheel.

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited March 6

Hey Don,

The PBMR and PAPM are also compatible with a ClubSport Universal Hub v2. Can't see any reason would not work with the GT Zero rim.

Considering they are in stock, just saying as option 2.

• My GT wheel...

Dimsim F320H on a Universal Hub v2 (since upgraded with PAPM).

I had a button maker use my provided artwork that I stole from a website for logos. They are quickly exchangeable on a magnetic disk.

• Nice, very nice. The hub v2 is twice the cost though, and I'm already over 900 for the wheel. I remember when I thought the McLaren GT3 was expensive; never dreamed I would pay what I'm paying now for a wheel.

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited March 7

So a BMW M4 GT3 is out of the question? Was going to get one myself then remembered I didn't study for a BAR exam or go to med school😥

I did get sucked into this obsession for 16 wheels though $$$

I just noticed Mr. Bartnik's wheel is ALSO mounted to a UH v2. Sorry, thought it was a Podium at first.