Clubsport DD+ with Clubsport RS wheel. GT7 +PS4. Mode question...

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can confirm this for me and offer a solution if I am correct?

A Clubsport DD+ with the Clubsport RS wheel. In PS4 mode, I cannot map buttons on the wheel. In PS4/PS5 mode, I can map buttons but the wheelbase seems a little slower and sluggish. Am I right in thinking that the wheel base goes into "CSL" mode? - Hence the feeling of reduced performance?

If this is the case. Do I need different wheel or would swapping out the PS4 to a PS5 work?

Thank you for any insight you may have to offer me.

Regards.

IJB

Comments

• Reference CS DD+ . I hope someone a Fanatec can provide a detailed explanation the available PS modes (in GT7) and what they are actually doing. i.e. PS5 mode, PS4 mode, and PS 4/5 compatibility mode. In which cases is each mode preferred?

I've found that using PS5 mode, changes the button assignments on my Mclaren wheel versus PS4/5 compatibility mode. I've seen it reported elsewhere, that PS5 mode is a little faster, detailed, and stronger than the other two modes.

• First, I'm no "Alien" but just a part-time player, with a driver rating that's bouncing between C and B in GT7. Here's an observation on the DD+ between PS4/5 Compatibility Mode and PS5 Mode:

Console PS5

Sim/game: GT7 National Cup Challenge, Interlogos.

In game wheelbase selected: CSL Elite (button mappings work best with my McLaren wheel IMO.

Yesterday, I began this challenge first in PS5 Mode, and improved to about 10 seconds to the leader... restarting each time about 1/2 into the race (getting used to the track). Attempted about 8 times, and got frustrated because my my favorite buttons were NOT working like they should, so I switched to PS4/5 Compatibility Mode, and the buttons all worked as they should. Several more attempts, never getting beyond 1/2 the race and I was consistently lagging 12 to 14 seconds behind the leader. Wheelbase felt good in both modes. Can't trust myself here, but I think PS5 Mode felt better. It felt more connected to the tarmac, I could feel the limit while braking and accelerating a fair bit better. Just a little bit ago I attempted this in PS5 Mode, and first attempt won the race. Lap times were much quicker than PS4//5, and I don't know why?

So I really believe there is something (good) going on with the wheelbase on a PS5 in PS5 mode that lends itself to a better racing experience. I just don't have enough experience to say what that is. Cheers