DD+ does not switch on. The base has a total failure.

DD+ does not switch on. The base has a total failure.

Now the complete failure. Nothing more possible. Too bad that the customer has to test everything today. That's just the way it is today and we'll have to live with it.

What are your experiences with CS DD and DD+. Are there also complete failures here?

Comments

• Mine CS DD had and issue with coil whining, so I also needed to RMA it. Sadly, looks like they sacrificed quality control to address huge backlog in orders :(

• The only issue I had was the OLED screen did not show the proper settings the first time i used it. And directly after firmware updates. I thought it was a software issue, but the next day the settings were fine. So it just needed a restart i guess.

Otherwise, So Far So Good.

I hope you get some quick answers. It's been a tough release. :(

• yes, big problems, my base makes an increasingly loud noise despite the fact that I play it little and today this noise creates vibrations in the steering wheel, I stopped everything. and of course no response from the after-sales service since my ticket last week. basically I'm sitting on a big ticket while waiting

• Hi, my base seems also be bricked, i play since last week, which i received it maybe 5 times....

I try now to open a Ticket @Rüdiger Neumann, do you also raise a ticket?

• Yes, I created one last week. Unfortunately no answer yet. Must be very stressful at Fanatec I hope we don't have to wait too long?

• Wait 2 weeks: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/new-customer-service-contact-form

If fanatec don't reply open request to charge back in your bank. After it, bank will ping Fanatec for request info, — that incredebly accelarate fanatec, I got response on all of my messages less then 2 days after do it.

But Fanatec increase their SLA from 7 days to 2 weeks and I think will change it again. But maybe your country laws has something about support response.

• I've been waiting for a response for 1 week with two reminders already made. I'm going to wait again but I can no longer use the DD+. It's expensive to wait for a new bundle at such a price.

• Exactly same problem here witth a CSL DD. There is any lawyer in the room? there is plenty of cases like this we should join to take legal actions.

• I think there is a design problem within the entire Clubsport DD/DD+, look to the video, same behavior at my base, the only difference is that I am using a V2.5X Sterring wheel, that display is only showing a Famatec Symbol.

Maybe all Bases from that Series are ending with this behavior, today it works normal, next day you cannot switch it on anymore.

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited February 22

I came to the same conclusion when the first delivered bases had coil whine issues and cancelled my preorder.

I decided to wait for the inventory to sell out, hoping there would be a factory revision to correct the first batch.

Unfortunately, they still have not sold out. So my next strategy is to wait until the QR1 type F adapter is released since I want the CS DD base for my 9 older wheels anyways.

Hopefully won't have to wait for a CS DD v2 for these bases to become trouble free.

Also suspect the $100.00 price increase was to recoup the cost of return/repair.

Also don't want to update the software/firmware on my Podium DD because of reports of bricking bases. Is this intentional on Fanatecs part to sell more bases? Call me paranoid.

• it cant be so hard to make a qr1 wheel side. But in your case they will lose 840 euros for 9 qr2, so they will wait as long it´s possible to delay the qr1

• you did well to delay your dd+ purchase.

especially since the after-sales service does not respond and it becomes a real scandal, it has now been 8 days that I have had my base and 5 days that I cannot use it, a shame for a new product and at this price

• My first CS DD Base was bricked too and Power Button has dont work. I had to wait 14 days for my RMA to be completed. The New Base works now fine with Driver 456. Only the bug with freezing is now present.

• I am waiting now 5 Days to get a "first" response for my problem! Fuck that company, they collect our Money into the "Preorder" face to Crowd fund the Manufacturing, then they deliver us defect Product after Month of waiting and on top there is no Support or any reaction/solution or replacement! FUCK COMPANY!!! FUCK FANATEC

• @Christian Korotantschnik

Now you may be right that it is not fair that the support no longer responds immediately. However, I have also been waiting 14 days for an initial response. It's frustrating but problems like this can't just be solved. Nevertheless, it would be nice if Fanatec would take a stand

• On the point, we are not alone, maybe you read the commands insider the Driver Category, but hey we are talking about Fanatec, in there mind they deeply think they could sit it out, no command or stand, no response.

I think anybody need to told the management that they are NOT a Non Profit Charity fun company to enable Simracing in the whole word, the are a fucking Stock listed cooperation, with paying Customers!!

We are pay month ago for a Product which is not official approved at this moment which they sell us and aquire the entire money for it and now it is bricked or something else, I cannot use it and my rig is now disabled for the next weeks/month.

I am now on the point to sell my fanatec ecosystem parts (2.5x wheel/bmw gt2 v2/ shifter/handbrake/clubsport v3 pedals/qr2 pro/qr2) and switch to simucube or moza racing and also completely to PC platform.

• The way I read it. Have you only waited 5 days for an answer? I think you should calm down. You will get support in a few days. You have a warranty so don't worry about it. I would rather buy a used replacement base than buy everything completely new.

Nevertheless, I understand your annoyance.

Let's wait and see. There will be a better solution than buying everything new

• hi any updates?

• Please reconnect the Wheel Base to the PC and then open the Fanatec Control Panel. Now please try to start the Wheel Base again. However, no steering wheel must be mounted.

If a message appears that the device was not recognised, please confirm this window, the software will try to flash the DD again.

I have tried everything without success maybe it will help you?

• thank you for your reply Rüdiger, is this a solution from Fanatec support?

• Yes, this is from Support. However, it didn't work for me. The window that is supposed to open does not open for me. No window opens, neither with driver 455 nor 456. What is your situation?

• same behavior:

i think that this is a Bootloader issue, the ECU inside can`t boot, so there is no USB Initerface initialized and in the end the PC don`t recognized the device, yon can pressing million times the button, the base itself is not able to work.

• Unfortunately, we can't solve this problem without Fanatec and I think we'll have to send the base back.

To be honest, I don't understand why there is no official statement on this subject from Fanatec. There can't be many cases with this problem. So we'll have to wait and see.

• edited March 2

I received a response, they initialized a new RMA for me to return the wheel base for repair. I have requested information for the withdrawal and return of the money, but they don't listen to me. I don't want to repair a product that I have used for less than two hours, I would prefer a replacement or a refund, but they don't pay attention to me.

I don't know what to do.

• It's really unfortunate how they are currently treating customers. I would also be happy to receive personal feedback from support, but from what I've heard and experienced, that's wishful thinking.

• I didnt notice anyone saying about a stupid little happy accident we all possibly made...

Anyone who has the problem try to remember if you tried to turn off the base during the booting up sequence, be it the wheel movement or the time window until you hear usb connection sound from PC. I believe that is the reason which causes the problem. It is no where stated that you cant do it, nor the paperwork in the box with the unit or anywhere on the official websites.

Bricked CS DD owner-

• I did switch it off, but only for one reason, namely because the base was not connected to the steering wheel. To establish the connection, the base had to be switched on and off several times. However, this is not described anywhere and should therefore not lead to this error.

• It's not my situation. The wheel base turned off by itself while I was playing f1 2023. The only thing I know is that after that situation, it has not turned on again. In my case I don't see any light on my steering wheels, ClubSport Universal hub v2 and Clubsport steering wheel formula v2.5.

• Any news from anyone?