$8000 Fanatec Equipment Bricked

Dear Sir/ Madam, 

I am writing to you to ask for help? I am a huge Fanatec supporter, however I have now suffered a number of issues which I have no view of how these will be resolved. Please can you help me? 

The problems I have: 

1) My Podium DD1 has stopped working - I believe it is under warranty and I have contacted Fanatec support. I have no direction on how and when this will be fixed as no emails have been clearly defined. I have sent videos, images, invoices but 'Tom' does not seem to want to give me direction on how this will be fixed.

2) I purchased the top of the line BMW M4 GT3 wheel for $2300, but this came with the QR1. I wanted to understand if I would receive the QR2 upgrade since I read that was the normal. Naturally there is now zero point having the wheel as my base has failed.

At present I have over $8,000 worth of Fanatec equipment that I cannot use. All I am looking for is direction. A path to help resolve this issue and some communication to ensure it will be resolved. For reference I have not been able to use this for 3 weeks.

What I would like:

• I appreciate your under the pump, but my patience is really running thin. I need direction. Please can you arrange for the podium wheel base to be fixed, in what every capacity that is
  • Give me direction on the BMW Wheel. If you will not full fill the QR2 then this will be returned. If you will not fix the Podium this will be returned.

It's all very simple in my mind - I just need some direction and also being able to speak with an actual person would give some credibility that you cared just a little. Much like you cared to take my money.

Regards, 

Sean

Comments

• I see you just joined the forum. I quick scan will show how terrible customer support is. Unfortunately there is slim to no chance that anyone from Fanatec will respond here. Keep trying to get a RMA or if recent purchase open a dispute with your bank/credit card. To cut your losses you can sell the working items on eBay. Some items go for more than retail as there is more trust it will get delivered than from Fanatec.

• JamesJames Member, Administrator

Dear Sean,

we apologize that you’re still waiting for the QR2 Pro for your BWM M4 GT3 Steering Wheel. Please be assured that we have forwarded your enquiry to Customer Care and you’ll receive a response within 1-2 days. Further we like to apologize that the issue regarding your wheel base has not been resolved yet and that you’re not satisfied with the recent reply from February 14th regarding your support ticket. Please note that customer service is experiencing delays of 1-3 weeks due to a very high amount of customer requests. For technical support the response time is currently about eight days. We’d like to apologize for this.

Your Fanatec Team

• To my Fanatec team,

It has been 6 weeks since I originally raised this issue. I have since had emails from 3 different people all promising me that they will do something, all be it they have an empty promise. I have supplied videos, recipes, images, words, emails addresses and phone numbers to help resolve the problem with my wheelbase. I also have a BMW GT3 wheel worth $2300 doing absolutely nothing as it has no wheel base to work on and the incorrect QR system. I have asked for this to be returned and my money given back yet you have again ignored me.

I have now raised this with ACCC in Australia - this customer service is beyond poor. You are holding existing customers at ransom with issues and simply ignoring me hoping (I guess) that I will go away. It's a joke and one that I cannot believe I bought into.

• Hi it’s been 8 weeks now and I still have no direction. Please can I have some direction on returning the bmw wheel and fixing my podium wheelbase. It is ridiculous you have not shown any support.

from a very unhappy customer.

• Its been 9 Weeks now