Clubsport DD - receiving power but nothing happens when I switch it on

Hello - my CS DD has been working fine and today when I press the power button the button goes red but the wheel doesn't move, nothing happens when I press the button again (what I usually do when connecting it to the Xbox) and it seems as if it's completely dead.

I've removed all cables and disconnected the wheel but nothing's happening. There's no manual so no troubleshooting tips and I'm completely stuck. I don't even have a PC to be able to plug it into so can't confirm if it'd even be detected.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• JamesJames Member, Administrator

Hi Simon,

We’d like to apologize that you’re experiencing such problems with your new ClubSport DD. If you haven’t already done so, please reach out to our Tech Support Team by logging into your account and clicking on the support button next to your products. Go to "My Account" > "My Products", where you can select the product(s) in question and open a ticket by clicking the "Support" button (If the support ticket is greyed out, make sure to add the product's serial number by clicking on "Add serial number/invoice." The current response time from our tech team is approximately eight days opposed to several weeks for a general request. We’d like to apologize for the delays, but our support team will be happy to assist you. Your Fanatec Team

• Any News about your Problem?

Today i got a similar problem, my DD+ doesn´t power on anymore, the LED on the Base get no light and there is no initial rotation, i also try to connect to a pc, but inside the driver menu there is no Base shown!

I try to open a ticket but no response....

• Sort of, I connected the wheelbase to a PC and it said it was in update mode. Once the update completed it started working again, however, it happens every time I restart the wheelbase now which means I need to connect it to a PC and run the firmware update every time I want to use it.

I've not heard anything from support despite raising it with them over a week ago.

• my Wheelbase is complete bricked, if i connect to a PC it would be don’t recolonized, like this guy:

Fanatec Clubsport DD bricked issue/no power/no led light (youtube.com)

he wrote me yesterday that his Wheelbase is now a month in the repair, and he don´t get any information about when he gets back!

I think Fanatec have a big Hardware Problem, the support answer nobody now with this Problem, so on we are not alone with this kind of problems.... it was so frustrating at the end.

• Same issue

I have had my DD+ for 4 days working fine.

Then power went off and now not able to turn it on again.

Seems to be a common problem.

What is the fix ?

Is it as simple as the as the power button not connected to the internal board properly or more that the base is now no good? ( probably no good)

• I sorry for you, welcome to Fanatec, at now you need time, you need to open a ticket at the Fanatec support.

Others and myself need weeks to get after opening a Ticket a response, I'm waiting now 11 days now, no response or any other communication.

I payed in December over 1000€ to wait 2 month to get it delivered and in the end to deactivate my simrig with the decision to switch from a DD Pro, which works 2 years without any problem, to a DD+....

It is frustrating what Fanatec is doing with customers, the only want your money immediately, after this you are not more existing, from there perspective.

This problem which you describe is quite popular.

• Don't try to turn off the base ( pressing down the power button ) while its booting up.

I believe that is the reason why some costumers are experiencing this bricking issue with Clubsport DD and possibly DD+ ( i own only Clubsport DD 12nm ), where it seems that after doing such sequence the base's power light doesn't turn on and it just doesn't work even though it did five minutes ago. Might have been an accident, but i don't believe this is a user's fault as there is no such warning in the quick guide/user manual paper with the base or anywhere i have searched for.

Now if some brave costumer want's to try it out, do it at your own risk (but please post results though :D). I just wanted to inform.

• Had my DD + for about 3 weeks. It’s been working fine until I tried to switch PlayStation mode. I pressed the button to swap it over and nothing happened. Pressed again and still would t turn to blue. The third time I tried the base shut off and now it won’t turn back on. Power brick is still getting power and the GT wheel led lights and dash come on when it’s installed. No LED light on the power switch and I’ve tried everything recommended. Created a ticket and waiting to hear back. I’m assuming this should be a simple warranty swap due to a faulty product given how many people I’ve heard are having this exact issue. I just hope it doesn’t take months to get it fixed. I was just bragging about how great the new wheel base is to my 18k followers on TikTok. Many of which always ask me where they should get a wheel base from. I don’t want to have to tell them Moza or Logitech because of the poor customer service. But I gotta say, I’m not happy with my $1,000 paper weight.

• really expensive piece of furniture that does nothing now.

• My DD+ has also after two weeks just stopped working & won’t power on. It’s criminal how Fanatec can release a new so called “high end” product prematurely that clearly has major issues and then to add insult to injury can’t even provide any kind of after sales back up/service…. I also put in a support ticket 4 days ago to no avail yet & by the sounds of things on the forum it’s just a case of sit & wait till they maybe get around to it…. Unprofessional is an understatement