QR2 Plastic Washer only has 4 holes

I have a 3 pack of QR2's that just came in with my DD+ and I'm trying to put it on my Mclaren V2 wheel but the plastic washers only have 4 holes so there is no hole to do the align top part with that nub that sticks out. All the videos show plastic washers with 5 holes. Why did mine come with washers of only 4 holes and no hole for the alignment to get a flush fit?

Comments

• Markus TMarkus T Member
    edited February 16

That's weird, I also just got 2 QR2's but all 4 washers had 5 holes.

Manufacturing error?

• Here are pics of the ones that came with mine. I haven't opened the 3rd box yet but the first 2 were like this.

https://imgur.com/a/jt31i5V

• Guessing this is the first of Fanatec hearing about the plastic washers provided not working. So much for that QC sticker on my QR2 meaning anything.

• I did email this to support and pics but yet to hear back.

• I'm in the same situation, Received three QR2 yesterday and all come with the 4-hole wisher and do not fit the BMW v2 and formula steering wheel.

Waiting for fanatec to give me a solution.

• They responded telling me the the 4 hole washers are the new standard ones going forward, however, they did not address it causing the plastic to sit pushed out because of the nub on the wheel side so I replied back asking if they looked those pictures and if that is normal to have that uneven plastic pushing out and not flush and I have not heard back yet.

• Hey William,

is there anything new from fanatec about the problem with the 4 holes in the spacer?

I have the same thing. Some steering wheels don't have the problem and the 4 holes are enough, as there is no nose on the wheelside and the disk lies flat.

• Hey Andre, I have not heard back yet. I looked at my history on that ticket and it looks like it took 10 days to get the first response and we are on day 8 since I replied back. I know their support is currently slammed given the reddit posts so hopefully I'll get a response back by early next week at this point.

• Support finally wrote me back with the following in regards to the plastic washer not sitting flat and having the bump cause the washer to not sit flat on both sides.

"Yes, this is normal. The old version of the main cable looks like this, the small nub helps to center the main cable and metals washer. The new steering wheels coming without the nub." - Fanatec support

• Hey,

Ok, so the plastic washer should just sit on it at an angle?

I have now solved it by using only 3 screws. I placed the fourth hole of the washer over the nipple so that the washer now lies flat.

I think with 3 screws it should hold.

• **IMPORTANT UPDATE** --- MODS if you can please pin or highlight this comment in same way for importance to prevent someone from damaging their hardware.

After my last reply asking for confirmation if it doesn't sit flat that if any damage is caused by this that warranty will cover it I received the following response below. So please don't use the washer without modifying yours to sit flush and if you're not comfortable with breaking the plastic piece or drilling a 5th hole in it then please contact support asap for replacement washer.

"Thanks for the reply.

No, the washer is not correct, due to the nub, the washer does not fit. It will also lead to damage on the pins or connector of the wheel base. It would be more safe to drill a 5th hole into the washer to have space for the nub.

I will also check on the shipment for the replacement washer."