Charge back completed and re-ordered without QR1 Lite

Hello everyone, I wanted to share some information that might be helpful for those awaiting orders from Fanatec or considering making a purchase. On the 18th, I placed an order for the "readytorace" CSL DSL Ready2Race McLaren Bundle for Xbox & PC. On January 22nd, I received an email notifying me that my order was being prepared for shipment. However, like many others, it got stuck in the "handed to ware" status, and despite several attempts to contact Fanatec, I didn't receive any response. After some research, I found out that the QR1 Lite, which was supposedly in stock at the time, was causing the delay for my order.

Today, on February 5th, my chargeback from PayPal went through, and I received a full refund. I promptly placed a new order later last night for the same "ready2race" bundle, but this time I opted for the QR1 Wheel-Side, which was available in stock. Early this morning around 6am, I received an email confirming that it had been handed over to the warehouse. Just a few minutes ago, at 10:30 am, I received another email with FedEx tracking numbers, and the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, February 6th. For those wondering, I live in the California Bay Area. I hope this information proves useful to some of you.

Comments

• Daniel MahonDaniel Mahon Member
    edited February 5

I had a similar situation with order delays, the most recent being (probably) due to QR1 Lite. After a few weeks of "handed to warehouse" and other previous issues, I decided to cancel completely and go with Asetek. I sent a contact form giving them a few days to cancel/refund the order on their end, or else I would start the chargeback through PayPal. To my surprise, they actually followed through on the next business day. While I am beyond happy with the move to Asetek, this at least gives me a sliver of hope that they are getting themselves organized, and I will be able to eventually trust future purchases from Fanatec.

• That's fantastic news that you've found a replacement for your Fanatec setup. I'm sure many others have as well. Personally, I'm using Fanatec for Xbox gaming, with plans to transition to PC in the future. Unfortunately, Fanatec seems to be the top choice for what I need. The Moza R3, although slated for release at the end of February, doesn't offer many steering wheel options for Xbox. Turtle Beach is set to launch their own product this month, but historically, Turtle Beach products haven't always been the best. Nevertheless, I'm intrigued to see how their DD unit performs. I anticipate we'll start seeing reviews of it on YouTube soon.

• Tracking numbers came in and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they all get here.

• guys don´t buy DD bases under 8 nm it will dissapoint you in a long view. With the CSL DD you have the chance to upgrade but this moza R3 and R5 are toys. before i buy a moza r3 i would buy a csl elite on second hand market or a csw 2.5. Even a 8nm base can´t simulate high downforce cars but it´s good enough to feel the details of the road.

• I bought the boost kit as well at 8nm. My stuff just walked in the door

• Boost Kit coming in later tonight

• Good choice for starting DD. One tip don't upgrade to driver v455. Download v451. driver v455 have some issues.

• Yes because you get issues with xbox mode with v455. But you can leave at it is if everything work and what for a new driver

• So firmware update is not a must if everything works fine. Don't know what firmware comes because I update to v451 because I run on pc too

• Right on. I eventually will buy a PC for gaming, just need to shop around but in no rush. I'm enjoying it on the xBox at the moment but a buddy of mine keeps telling me that the Assetto corsa is better than forza.

• Maysor SternyMaysor Sterny Member
    edited February 7

Me 2 genau das gleiche gemacht aber ohne irgend ein qr

ja das geht seit neusten qr1 bei 2Wheel gar nicht mitbestellt

aber trotzdem dabei

• Assetto Corsa have for sure the best physics and ffb on SeriesX even it is so old. the ultimate version is a must because than you get porsche and lot of other cars. ACC is great too but only if you have Series X or S. on series x it runs in 4k 60fps. Dirt 2.0 and EA WRC are great too. FM 2023 is not bad but you must tweak the ffb. But car selection is still unbeaten ist much better than forza 7. i talk only about physics and ffb not about career mode .

The games on pc are in general better because they get more updates and have better ffb in most cases. but xbox is still okay too

• Seems like if you want Fanatec stuff that this is the strategy to place orders. Shouldn't be this hard, especially when we're trying to give them money lol

• Right on. I suppose I could add a PC to my rig with my xBox and just swap out to wheel that's compatible with PC.

• every fanatec wheel is compatible with PC

• Yesterday I ordered exactly the same kit that you did (without boost upgrade)

In the evening I rechecked the order page in my account and found in orange letters that for the QR lite part the availability was only from March 26! I gues for most people its a bit confusing as in the bundle you see 3 parts (base, pedals, wheel) and you check the availability all are green (4-7 days) when you add to the cart it then come with some questions if you want to upgrdae to either QR1 metal or QR2. But then the availability date is easy overlooked.

So since my order was still in processing I canceled it immediately and resubmit it with QR1-metal. This morning, the old order was done and my paypal refunded. Now hope shipment will start quickly like yours

• Verstehe deine Aussage nicht.

Spiele keine Strategie Spiel versucht eine normale csl dd First Bundles zu bekommen und nicht auf unbestimmte Zeit zu warten.

Und doch bin ich da gelandet.

Unbestimmt wann ich meine Rückerstattung zurückbekomme um die neue Bestellung zu bezahlen ohne qr1l und doch mit.