Fanatec have a great scam going

2»

Comments

• We are free people with free wills. Nobody cant blame fanatec for decisions we made by ourselfs. if you click on the buy button you should know what you do

• Go have a look at your Fanatec account. Under 'payment options' there are 6 options for you to pay. One of which is Paypal.

Tim here has clearly never been abroad on holiday, and had to get foreign currency in cash. You soon learn that the exchange rate differs between buying and selling, as well as the commission the exchanger makes for the transaction.

Take this as a life lesson on how the world works. It has NOTHING to do with Fanatec! I get that youre butt hurt, and angry and want to blame everyone else for your mistake - no one forced you to order a product, or cancel it.

Grow up and get educated

• what are you talking about you prat! I can afford a top of the line wheel if I wanted to spend that sort of money. What I object to is being messed about by a company that can't tell you when you will even get the product you have paid for, keep moving the dates, so when you decide to just get a refund to buy a better wheel base elsewhere they expect you to be the one to cover the loss while they made interest on your money for 3 months.

• Sorry if I pegged you in the same league like lots of others who are complaining that they would buy equipment from a different company instead but can‘t do so because they haven‘t received a refund yet. I wasn‘t right with what I said about you. I apologize.

But what you are complaining about is just pointless. Imagine you had to pay 1.000€ for equipment and therefore had to spend 1.200£. Now you cancel your order and get your 1.000€ back. But you were lucky because you get 2.400£ back because exchange rate changed to your favor. Fanatec would‘ve had 1.000€ for the period of time „processing“ your order. You cancelled so Fanatec refunds your 1.000€. Fanatec has not made any profit. Fanatec don‘t even know how much £ you have to pay at the exact moment you order. So they don‘t for refund

• edited January 11

Sad to read another thread like this that is showing the trend of no communication and failure on Fanatec's side. More unhappy people.

• What failure? That people dont understand how currency conversions work?

• edited January 12

You the customer are always going to be out of pocket when you have to request a refund from Fanatec, if you are from the UK. Pretty much everywhere charges you a fee you don't get that back when you have to cancel and get a refund. Fanatec simply shouldn't be selling what the can't deliver! all they are interested in is a money grab they couldn't give an actual toss how long you the customer has to wait as long as they have banked your money! Stll Kinda did me a favour in one way, stopped me buying into the Fanatec eco system and have now ordered much better higher end kit elsewhere that Fanatec can't match anyway.

After looking into it some of you were right, I'm man enough to eat some humble pie when I'm wrong about something, it's PayPal that pocketed the £70 not Fanatec, but the useless customer service from Fanatec is to blame that I needed to cancel the order so both companies are shit as far as I'm concerned, Cancelled my PayPal account and won't ever even attempt to buy anything from Fanatec again.

They carry on like this I can see them loosing even more market share to companies that do have at least a shred of customer care!!

• it's unbelievable how these vulture fan boys of the FanaSCAM team all lined up.

and stuck to the banker's system, paypal, which is also the last scum that steals from people.

but the main point is that FanaSCAM did not deliver the goods to the man for more than 2.5 months. and had to cancel.

Timothy, this will only give you the strength to commit to a better team, and slander this piece of shit from the company wherever you go, because you lost £70 because of them.

welcome to the fooled avengers club.

• you are so stupid that all you are doing is helping your beloved FanaSCAM club to sink even further.

and don't worry. people have seen through and see how the thieves from FanaSCAM are lying to them.

revenge is sweet.

• I'm not so stupid to publicly announce that I'm slandering a company. 😂

• “welcome to the fooled avengers club” that doesn’t sound as enticing as you might think, poor Siko.

• Give it a rest Zeko.

what you don’t realise is that you’re literally throwing money down the drain everyday as you continue to talk crap about fanatec.

we can all put a monetary value on each hour of our day. You choosing to spend your time bashing fanatec is akin to throwing money away for every hour you choose to do this.

I’ve posted a negative experience about fanatec before, then moved on with the rest of my day, you know, like any normal person would.

its time to move on now, there are plenty of other ways to occupy your time.

• don't worry about me and my time. it is used exactly as it should be

• Aka they are being paid to troll. The question is by who.

• It's a little more complicated then people think.

Everyone should read the article at the bottom before defending or attacking Fanatec/Endor. They boast about the 134,000 customers from Black Friday then their CEO does a interview saying "It was a syncing issues with our inventory and website" That they made a mistake! It appears more intentional vs a mistake..

If you have ever taken a Fanatec wheel base apart and looked at all the components it takes for one of these things to actually work! You'll be blown away. What's inside these things while it may appear to be simple requires a few dozen suppliers and manufacturers! Then there's the logistics of having all the components delivered and assembled. It's a massive undertaking and why there's only a few sim racing equipment manufacturers!

Sim racing is a nitch hobby less than 1% of the global population can afford. According to global statistics 80% of the global population 6.2 billion people live on $10 or less per day and over 700 million live in extreme poverty (under $3 per day)

Those of us in the EU, US, Canada, Japan and other wealthy nations have absolutely no clue what the rest of the world is dealing with. Sure we may see it on the news, some of us may have been effected by a mass shooting, or environmental events! But there's a huge difference between suffering loss and never having anything to lose in the first place!

Fanatec is trying to expand into a market where more people can afford to sim race with decent equipment. Meanwhile other companies are coming out with more expensive DD options for enthusiast!

On top of that we have a re-seller scalper issue with Fanatec gear! People buying up stock with the intention to sell it for a profit later! This hurts the sim racing community by taking reasonably priced inventory away from new potential customers!!

Fanatec doesn't care cause it puts money in their bank accounts they desperately needed but in reality it's very detrimental to the community as a whole!

There's a sense of entitlement among many in the Sim racing community due to coming from wealthy nations. It's a shame cause we are are all in this together.. if we want better new content and new titles the community must grow as a whole so more companies can create a sustainable business model.

Hopefully those in the community will do some growing up and learn to treat others with respect.

It shouldn't be "What can I get out the sim community"

It should be "What can I do for the sim community!"

Fanatec's business practices leave a lot to be desired but at the same time they are trying to survive in a nitch hobby.. Only time till tell!

What I can see is there are thousands and thousands of unhappy consumers who view Fanatec negatively due to all their lack of customer support! With a limited number of customers globally it may or may not end well for Fanatec.

https://endor.ag/2023/11/30/endor-ag-publishes-figures-for-the-the-third-quarter-of-2023-and-provides-an-outlook-on-further-developments/?lang=en