import fees

ups tracking says delivery end of day 09 jan 2024 to the UK as i have just received 1 of 3 items receipt shows a import fee of £136.30 please advise I have already had delivered the wheel base and pedals with no extra fees

has anyone else had to pay these fees as this is extortionate.

thanks

Comments

• How much was the whole order?

• . Thomas. Thomas Member
    edited January 8

700 euros main order wheel base,wheel and a 3rd item not sure it might be boost kit or qr1 wheel side

i ordered some csl pedal separately they were delivered weeks ago they cost 84 euros with no fees if that helps thanks

• Dustin GDustin G Member
    edited January 8

I order items separately as pretty much never pay import fees. I did have to pay when my formula 2.5x arrived, was approx £45 for the Black Friday price of 199€ + del. Minus local tax

with wheel bases as there high value, pretty much going to get hit for duties every time. Which is normaly 20% vat and I think a ups charge.

but then that is why you get the taxes removed at checkout when buying the euro price

• But you'll be paying the delivery price per shipment, and that's not cheap either.

Really hope someone credible can get them to consider not trying to warehouse themselves and outsource it to someone like Amazon. They're clearly bigger than their current e-commerce process can deal with.

• well tbh i didn't realise there was going to be vat of 20% to be added maybe i should of looked for a uk supplier to save money i honestly thought it was all included in the full price when i included my uk address.

i think it should be noted before paying clearly that this will be added afterwards to buyers so they know the total costs before purchasing or maybe i missed this on the order invoice.

• The only worker with less job satisfaction than the person who installs indicator bulbs in a BMW; the person who writes the Ts and Cs for web shops.

• Psql .Psql . Member

At checkout you didn't pay any VAT. Because of Brexit you in the UK now pay the VAT when you import stuff from EU.

So searching for a UK supplier would have almost done nothing. Because the base price would have been much higher because of the included VAT.

Same for the QR Pro above. Normal price is 199€ incl. VAT, but because your from UK price you pay to Fanatec is €168 without any VAT. Then at the border you pay the 20% VAT (€33.6 + some import/handling fees). You are still just above the 199€ mark when delivered at home. With an order of 700€ VAT would be 140€ + some extra fees so 136 pond sounds right and normal...

Welcome to the Brexit.

• Fanatec are to their credit one of the few companies that do it right. Have seen many EU web shops that fail to take off the vat if you're in a non-eu country leaving you paying it twice.

There are UK stockists of Fanatec products (this was news to me) but apart from when Fanatec's supply system is breaking under the BF and Christmas sales, there's no real benefit. End price is higher.