Order Leadtime Example

Hi all,

I placed an order on the 5th Jan for the GT DD Pro 8Nm bundle, load cell pedal and pedal faceplates. Lead time on the site was 4-7 days for everything in the order. I'm based in the UK.

I had debated for many weeks whether I should buy Fanatec or go Thrustmaster GT2 in the meantime and then upgrade to their console DD in the future. The only reason this was a debate was due to the horror stories I've heard about lead-times and poor customer service from Fanatec.

I will use this thread for others to see what the true lead-times are from Fanatec, so you can make an informed decision on your purchase.

Comments

• Update - The GT DD Pro 8Nm is currently showing out of stock and cannot be ordered, but was showing a 4-7 day lead-time when it was ordered.

What are the odds? Will it arrive in January?

• so the problem we face at the moment till in 3 days the warehouses are closed at the moment we dont know anything beyond how its gonne be i hope they can reorganise fast because they need to i would say wait a little but ill tell you when i bought everything but the wheelbase because its a pre order everything came to me in 2 weeks time then i had it at home so 4/7 working days to ship is normal time it seems

• Let's see.

I understand the warehouse is going through inventory until the 10th, so we can start the timer then ;)

I hope I haven't made a mistake choosing Fanatec. They are really building themselves a reputation as a terrible company. I don't know why they burden themselves with the retail and distribution side of the business. Just let Amazon handle this, so you can focus on product development, marketing and post sales support. The additional profit they might make from handling the retail side themselves, will be consumed by lost sales, if their reputation takes anymore damage. If Moza of Thrustmaster were to release a DD wheel for PS5 tomorrow, with the reputation Fanatec have right now, they would lose nearly all PS5 sales.

It's clear they've grown too quickly and the leadership aren't capable of dealing with the demands of a rapid growth business like this.

• Matthew YorkMatthew York Member
    edited January 7

Where are you located? I checked the US website, both 5nm and 8nm GT bundles are in stock, ready to ship. I am still in the pits waiting on the DD+. On a separate order for V3 pedals, dampers and a 3 QR2 Pro bundle showing in stock placed on 12/12 was received on 12/27. I was a bit concerned because while in processing the QR2's and the dampers were showing out of stock. I just picked up a used, excellent condition GT DD Pro 8nm to use in the meantime. If i am happy with that I may cancel the DD+ order.

• edited January 8

You're not the first to post this, and it doesn't make any sense. Delivery times vary according to the weight of the moon dust, or the reproduction cycle of the bees, or follow the Indonesian TV programming. Or they are completely random. I received my BF Formula v 2.5x order in 7 days. There are even those who received theirs in 2 days. Then there are people who have been waiting for 2 months.

You would have to take 1000 orders and take an average, to get a figure that makes sense.

This example can only have 3 endings. Make people even more angry if you get it before them. Make yourself angry if you don't receive it. Being attacked by stupid Trolls.

• Placed my order for GT DD Pro 5nm on the 28th of January. The Fanatec App shows passed to warehouse and open. BUT I was checking my UPS App also and it showed the package had been shipped! Scheduled to arrive today 🤞Can’t fault Fanatec on order process and there is a lot of information about shipping issues in their App.

my advice is CHECH you have a UPS account set up with the same contact details as your order and monitor that.

• I think you should remember that you always hear complaints more loudly than satisfied customers. I have had quite a few orders placed at Fanatec in the past and up until now it has gone smooth. Even one of my Black Friday orders arrived in time. The other BF-order was the Formula V2.5x wheel separately and the story of this debacle is well covered.

I think Fanatecs ambitions have caught up with them a little bit. Implementing a new warehousing and ordering system whilst getting overloaded with orders got them unstuck. You can't blame them for being ambitious, but it would help being a little bit more open about the situation.

Don't get scared off by the keyboard warriors, who want delivery within 24 hours and if that doesn't happen call everything a scam. It's pathetic. Mistakes will be made, everywhere. I will judge on solutions and I am a patient guy.

So far I am really happy with their products and also with their customer support in the past. I hope you will share my experience and really enjoy the new wheelbase.

• Update:

Received an email this morning to confirm the order had been processed and passed to the warehouse.

• nice to hear :D hopefully the 10th it will be shipped then :D

• also i wanne say yes if another company has ps5 and xbox support both at the same time that would be cool and interesting but fanatec is the sole leader who has that atm with the swheelbase providing ps5/ps4 and the wheel being xbox so u can have both but only fanatec does this

• Interresting to compare indeed.

My order was placed the 3rd Jan around 6 PM (Belgium time) and I received a mail this morning around 8 AM, telling me that my order was now in the "Handover to warehouse" 's phase. So we will see the time frame leading to delivery ;-)

• Order placed on Jan 1, GT DD 5nm, Load Cell kit, Clutch kit, and shifter. Jan 8 2pm, handed to warehouse. Will update this thread further.

• I suspect that yesterday they massively changed the status to "transferred to warehouse", my order from December 30 was also changed in this way and many people wrote about it yesterday. The question is how quickly they will handle shipping;) hopefully as soon as possible

• Rob BarnesRob Barnes Member
    edited January 11

Update: No further progress.

• Ok, so I received today some good news ! My order will come tomorrow morning !

BUT be aware, I didn't received any news or mail from Fanatec since the "warehouse" one, it's only because i made an UPS account that i received a sms on my phone. No email neither.

So IF everything is allright tomorrow, my timeline for Belgium (roughtly 250km from Fanatec Warehouse) is:

order 3rd Jan

Mail from "Warehouse" 8th Jan

Delivery 15th Jan

Cross finger for your orders guys ;-)