RMA Question

I've send my defective brand new DD2 back to Fanatec, it was delivered to them the 29-12-2023 13:42. I've yet to receive any news, do you know how many days will it take? anyone had to rma something?

Comments

• oh man I feel sorry for you.

"RMA" - a nightmare for customers

• I'm in RMA process too, they received my CSL DD on 21/12. They created a new order with new CSL DD and Boost pack on 29/12. Currently the statut is "Order in process" They won't ship anything til 10/01 cause inventoring. Anyway i received today a mail from Fanatec with excuse about delay Time on stuff and answers and they're asking to respond to them if

- Have not received tracking information in over a week

- Your order has not yet arrived

- Your return request has not yet been processed

- You still require product consultation

- Need help with any other urgent matter

To conclude it should take some weeks if any other problems appears^^

• Thanks , Yes i received this e mail too. That's why im here asking, i already have send an email 4 days ago asking if my base was in their hands, since i didnt receive any confirmation e mail that they got it. I was expecting a response to my case, but i received like you that generic mail. Now i dont know if i have to contact them again or wait for a response at my email...2 month since buy i'm starting to be a bit nervous.

• Yes i sent a mail too on 27/12 to know if they received it and all like you no answer.... Just this mail today. I bought this first set up on 24/11 and if they send back the DD in the end of January it takes 2 months to take advantage of it. Strange taste for my entry in SimRacing.

• in normal cases it takes 2 weeks for repair. RMA should not be effected by the other problems. but i think the will not work till next monday.

• I'll just wait then, as i would have done if they at least send me a confirmation of the DD being in their hands, as they say in the mail that they will send a confirmation e mail when they receive the product back. Of course like you i would like to use what i payed for, but i understand something can go wrong and i'm not complaining for the repair time, for me they could repair it for "1 year", i just want to know where my money (DD2) is, and right now i have only the delivery company report, that say delivered on 29/12/23. Thanks for helping guys.

• No problems, we are in the same boat. Some could say we had our stuff. During this time a lot of people always waiting their order since October/November and had any answer, totally unbelievable to see that in 2023.

• maybe everyone who has the RMA experience and when the products arrive at their home, should put them on the market and buy better quality products from the competition

• you see how you can be less of a troll. why don't you dare to troll there like before because you are afraid of hurting these people who, because of the garbage sold by your FanaSCAM company, these people are not lucky enough to play on the toys that were sold to them and which break. paid for expensive equipment on which they cannot play.

what a sweetheart you are.

I recently read a good statement from a very angry customer somewhere.

he said something like this;

"Fanatec, I paid you $1000 for a brick that doesn't work!" 🤣

what a laugh the FanaSCAM company is.

• Dude, you realy don't have anything else to do just to spit on Fanatec? I see you almost on every New topic just hating, its getting anoying.

I am a happy owner of Fanatec gear, they helped me twice perfectly with some issues. Even a few weeks ago, i got my ticket answered in a couple of days.

So pls, stop this hating you are doing, its not all missery.

Ofcourse they have big issues atm, i am not declining it, but what you are doing is not helping in any way.

• oh yes it helps. you, my friend, were lucky. but that's why FanaSCAM deliberately screwed thousands of people.

only you loyal, naive fans of theirs can be so indifferent and say that it's all normal. no, it is not normal and they should be punished, because this kind of behavior is unacceptable.

wait, let me ask you!

it is normal for you that someone tells you that they have something in stock and that they are selling it to you. you buy it and that seller would tell you after 3-4 weeks "listen, we don't have it for you now, wait another 4 months or give up" or "look, we're canceling your order for no particular reason"

is that normal for you?

just put yourself in the shoes of thousands of deceived people. and be careful not only that. many were not refunded at all. after the cancellation for which the deadline has also expired to return the money. means they illegally keep other people's money. so much material for a lawsuit that he will lose in every court on earth.

they are clinging to the fame they gained a long time ago and on account of that they now have a platform on which they can pull people by the nose, aiming for their financial advantage and the possibility of manipulation at a high level.

Many of you may not know the background of the whole story, but you don't have to. but it's sad that people like you don't understand that I and all the other cheated people have the right to complain.

yes, I'm one of the worst. and I will be for a long time. because this kind of behavior is unacceptable.

• And all your selfless efforts are totally paying off. I mean, look at all the positive impact you make.

People are starting whole threads, praising your righteous fight!

Oh wait, that was a call for a ban. Damn!

• "johnny", you think you are better than him? You are exactly like him, cause if at start i was againt him (for his methods), now with your precious work of replying to him, you make him look good, and i don't think that is your intent, so your selfless effort are totally not paying off too. He's clearly mad at them for something we don't know, and despite i don't agree with his methods, you can't argue with what he is saying. You should be banned too cause you only add more confusion.

• 👆️

make to be ✌️

• Johnny RottenJohnny Rotten Member
    edited January 5

Thanks for implying intent, I guess.

And to be honest, the noise is a problem. I give you that.

But than again, it’s just way to much fun.

”now with your precious work of replying to him, you make him look good,” And that my friend, seems like a you problem.

• It's all on you "bud", you just had to ignore him or reply to him 1 time seriously like many others have done. But no, you keep replying to him on every damn post. Look at your activity here on the forum.....it's embarassing. You are no better than him. I'm done here cause im not here to flame or loose time with trolls but to resolve my problem.

• I promise on behalf of all the people on the forum that I will not contact him again.

I will completely ignore him.

@Johnny Rotten I'm sorry, it was fun and short lived.

goodbye

• Johnny RottenJohnny Rotten Member
    edited January 5

Cheers bro! The people of the forum are forever grateful 👰🏻

• So as i said sooner i received a new one from RMA process this afternoon and after almost 4 hours of use he switched off himself like the old one but without this burning odor. Luckily after some mns of waiting i succed to start it again, hope this will stay like this.

I didn't touch any settings in games i use (AC/Forza Horizon 5) and in Fanatec Control panel the FFB is set on 100 % so 8 Nm. I just hope it won't burn again but i won't be surprised if it happen. My trust in Fanatec is unfortunatly lost.

• Finally the New one burned too...

• The 7th day (Today) i received this morning mails from Fanatec with usual questions about incident and other one with RMA. Now i have to pack all again and go to post office like last time.

• I received news from Fanatec today, the second DD i got is now repaired. Fanatec gave me tracking number so wait and see...

• Returned back on 30/01, tried on 01/02 less than 2 hours in one session on 2 games (AC/FH5) Always working.

• My question with the RMA -- Fanatec has emailed indicating they have received my RMA, and actually stated they have sent out the replacement.

However, on my product page, the new replacement products don't have any serial numbers, and the order is showing up as "in progress" with the red square.

All of my RMA items are in stock, and I have heard stories of people not receiving any tracking info for RMAs. I'm in Canada, and it will have to go through customs, so not having any idea of when it will ship or the ability to track it is concerning.

• BILLY SIGMONBILLY SIGMON Member
    edited February 23