Fanatec, Sony and finally some information

Well, what we've been asking for weeks has finally arrived, clarity. Maybe they arrived late, maybe they haven't done things the best way, but thanks Fanatec for finally being honest with your customers.

Several of us are the ones who every day consulted the forum and speculated about the possible situation, well, now we know. I don't think it's entirely Fanatec's fault, and I don't think it's entirely Sony's fault either, although I do believe that in the end, the only ones harmed are us, the users.

There's a lot of Fanatec "haters" who must have a really empty and boring life, spending weeks in the forum criticizing Fanatec very harshly, and right now they've smelled blood. Seeing that this has an "indefinite" delay, everyone should make their own decisions. Personally, I'm not going to cancel; the DD+ is still the best option compatible with PC and PlayStation.

Now we just have to wait for this process to speed up. Greetings to all.

Comments

• Yeah. It really sucks, because the previous email was misleading.

Boosted Media mentioned they were gonna get back to Fanatec and the CS DD and CS DD+ in their GOTY equipment video. I am assuming they may have some insight, but to be honest... Without real transparency we still know nothing.

Obviously the GT DD Pro works. New security?

Personally i'm not cancelling today, but... I will see if they open up to us over the next few weeks.

• And you think it is fair to sell product "for PS", to receive the cash from their customers and finally explain it is not true ?

Great : so please send me 3000 € and I will send you a big hugh in waiting for your product lol

it is just false advertising and breach of trust.....

Will Fanatec takes also reimbusrment of simracig cockpit order to honest company, as there is a dedicated fanatec mount ??....but not possible to have this Fanatec wheelbase.........

And no, we can't do anything as Fanatec has the same customer's approach in reimbursment ....so totally fucked !

PS : apologize for my english which is not my native language

Nicolas

• You don't need fanatec to reimburse.... you file a charge back with your financial institution and your money is on its way back to you

• You are right. I have a $3000 paper weight in my house because I can't use any of it without the base. You are also right, I bougt the fanated DD mount when I bought the cockpit.

• edited January 3

If you pre-order something and put the money upfront (it's not uncommon at all), it's your decision as a customer. I am NOT going to defend Fanatec's delays, and certainly,And of course, if it were my company, I would never put a product up for sale for which I don't yet have the license. All they tell me is that I'll have to wait longer. If the initial availability date had been the first week of February, I would have reserved it anyway.

On the other hand, in these weeks, I've read many people in this forum saying they requested a refund for their order, and the longest it took for them to get their money back was just one week. Do what you consider necessary; you are well within your rights.

• You can get your money back for the wheelbase but if you order other peripherals (i.e. pedals, wheels, etc.) and you received them over two weeks ago, I am sure Fanatec wont reimburse those even though they cannot be used without the wheelbase.

I consider myself reasonable with shipping issues, but what they did here is just wrong. They are selling a product that they do not know if it would even be approved. I know that the product getting cancel is a longshot but it is a possibility and by pre selling the product without a license, they basically push the risk to the customer while increasing their revenue via other items they sold BECAUSE of this item.

i would've been a bit more receptive if they would have said this from the beginning, being the primary issue, rather than blaming shipping, which is a secondary issue in this case, with the hopes that the license would get approve.

• I don't know your specific situation; in my case, I ordered the DD+, pedals, two rims, shifters, and some other products in the same order. Even before paying, they indicated that no product from the order would be shipped separately; in other words, they would send everything at once when all items were available. I've been waiting for the entire order for over a month now.

• Agreed !

If DD+ was announced in october as "not Ps fully compatible" and "not available in december 12th but in several months" : then I will never pre-order a full setup to Fanatec and buy simracing with dedicated fanatec mount.........

I was Ok with the deal of waiting for 1,5months until december 12th..........here I have just 2000€ left and a new simracing cockpit with DD dedicated mount still waiting with no guarantee and no way to check if everything will works well.....

I have encoutered delay with the simracing cockpit (Sim Lab), but Sim Lab has a REAL COMMUNICATION, they have ANSWERED, and take care of their customers...............here : several mails, asked for feedback, just at least for CONSIDERATION...........but nothing.

trust and consideration seem to go ONLY from customers to Fanatec : that, is a big shame

• Well I disagree that is neither Sony or Fanatec's fault that the chip that is inserted in the CS DD+ is not properly licensed. I also think people should be able to react how ever the see fit as long as it doesn't include personal attacks.

I finally received the CS DD. Although good for me I am not happy that others are continuing to experience delays for one reason or another.

I am going to continue to monitor the forums and pass along an opportunity to view and sign (if inclined) a petition I started regarding some of the issues we have been experiencing with Fanatec https://chng.it/CfWvgmVk6G

This is not to bring pain to Fanatec but perhaps give them pause as to how they are turning longtime customers off and perhaps losing new and future customers and make noticeable change to improve immediately.

I am not advocating for cancellations or going to another brand, I simply want the brand I have supported for 15+ years to have all their process be as robust as the product.

A weekly update on number of units shipped, current backlog, lead time, etc...would be an excellent start until which time process improvement can be developed and implemented for long term.

• If they have it in the warehouse, they are to send it out to the customers asap regardless of Sony. Does not mention anything about Licensing on their website.

Im getting worried about ever receiving my order.

last email states that they now have it in the warehouse.

I sold my dd1 over a month ago and ordered my new dd+… kinda regret it now…

But crossing my fingers that it will come soon.

• What was the point of this besides to still try and argue with other members.

You talk about a dull and boring life of the haters. You literally just did the same thing they do from the other side.

At least make this point semi useful and link or comment on what “new information” was actually given and expand on it.

You spent more time shit talking other people than the actual point of your “post” ๐Ÿคฃ

• Interesting point Vidar. Unless the Sony chip makes the unit inoperable why not ship it with the understanding that until the licensing is resolved it will only work on PC.

I have to think it goes deeper in that the word Sony and PSx is on the box somewhere and it isn't limited to what the hardware is capable of.

Either way inexcusable to be this far along and not have that ($$$) part ironed out.

• The point is the same as yours with your comment, to convey an opinion and generate a possible debate with more people. It's interesting to know what others think about this situation. I don't work at Fanatec, I don't have more information than the rest, thank you for your comment.

• edited January 4

Yea, there is a bunch of things. I’m shure Sony has approved the dd+ base and its development. Personally, I don’t want another brand wheelbase. I am a big Fanatec fan. :)

But Fanatec needs to understand the addiction for sim racing and understand that 1 day feels like a week wheel waiting for the wheelbase!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I should have sold my DD1 AFTER the new one arrives.

• You and me both, I sold my CSW v2.5 prior to getting the CS DD and was without for 2+ months. Oops.

Now I have the CS DD I am now waiting for the Moza table clamp I ordered (Dec 25) so I can get the proper angle of the base on my antiquated rig. The CSW v2.5 came with a nice adapter bracket for for some reason Fanatec doesn't think anyone out there may need to have some type of adjustment for angle of their latest releases.

I sure hope Fanatec and Sony get this settled as this may be the worst of the scenarios so far.

• is it possible that they restrict the PS function in the first place and then unlock it remotely or manual upgrade via PC after getting the Sony license? in that case, we can least play something. especially for the customer like me who is the first time buying Fanatec. I got everything else ready now but i can do nothing without the wheel base

• Well, the truth is, I believe that's not a real possibility. The problem doesn't just lie in Sony's compatibility; it's also a matter of licenses. If the DD+ boxes have Sony branding, it's impossible for them to launch the product without committing an illegal act. Additionally, there's a good chance that there's already some illegality in marketing a product as compatible with PlayStation before having that deal signed.

What we, as users, don't know is whether it's a contractual issue or if it has to do with specific hardware for the connection with PlayStation, or even the software that enables this, considering that I understand DD+ uses Sony's new security protocol. Either way, if it were possible to send it and restrict the connection with PlayStation, I think it would have been done already.

• edited January 5

Uhmmm…

The wheelbase. For the dd’s in general.

They work on all 3 systems. The steering wheel sets the mode. A dd 8nm.

Sony probably don’t want to give anything to Xbox, so they need to make shure it can’t be used to those users by swooping wheel.

Is this correct?

All that’s needed is a new cardboard box without the PS advertising ๐Ÿ˜‚

Got some other stuff from Fanatec delivered to day, and they are quick to send an order!

• edited January 5

Even though changing all the boxes and anything related to the DD+ where there is Sony branding must be a practically unfeasible logistical task, if you do that, you then face the possibility that users may sue you for selling a product as compatible and when it arrives at their homes, it is not. I don't know legally how that could affect you.

I think this is a tremendous mess, there's no excuse, but if I were them, I would try to make things as uncomplicated as possible at the moment, waiting for Sony to sign and deflecting blame onto others.

• Tomorrow is the 17. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™

The date has not changed on my order.

Some say that their cancel button has disappeared.

super excited!!๐Ÿ˜†

• Guess the last email pushed it back again. A bit sad to hear, but nothing I can do about it.

Exited to get it, when ever I get it.

• That is disappointing to hear that yet another delay. Having waited through a couple of delays I am glad I didn't cancel my order as the CS DD is everything I was hoping for. Not sure that helps but hang in there.