Official Driver & Firmware for Approximately 2,420 Different Device Combinations

I'm looking for the latest stable Official Fanatec control panel and driver software including firmware updates without being a Beta Tester.

However, when I crawl through all these Fanatec forms, including all of the driver releases and beta drivers, it seems that all of them list known issues. Many show screenshots depicting things breaking when installing new drivers. There are also even obscure mentions to sleeping firmware bug gremlins which can destroy your wheel base. Is there a single driver package that is available with no known issues? I'd prefer using an older driver package, especially if there are no issues versus the “latest and greatest” but with problems.

There are 2 main reasons I’m interested and looking into updating my software/firmware:

From the Changelog of driver 447 in addition to seeing:

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base : 3.0.0.6 (NEW)
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor : 3.0.0.2 (NEW)
  • *** Podium DD ***

This line is what entices me:

• General improvements of timing, stability and latency.

Then secondly, when trying to play Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) on PlayStation 3 which requires me use the Podium DD1 PS4’s PC Compatibility mode and to add my DriveHub (Firmware Version 2.0.3) to simulate a Logitech G27, I get somewhat usable Force Feedback, but with horrible oscillations. So, I’m hoping that updating to a new firmware, I’ll have better feedback without oscillations.

So I’m not sure what “improvements of timing, stability and latency” is, but that could be awesome. If you know exactly how this it quantified, I'd love to lean the details. Also, I know it’s weird talking about GT6, which released more than 10 years ago and don't need to be roasted. I’ve got an A+ Driver Rating in GT7 online and know for the most part it’s better than GT6.

I don’t really have any issues with my current versions aside from what was just mentioned and absolutely dread updating software and firmware alike because with just about every company (not just Fanatec) from Apple iOS & macOS to Samsung to Android to Windows and everything in between, companies love to remove features, break features and pointlessly change features.

Here’s a list of some of my gear that I'm most interested in and their firmware versions.

Wheel Base:

Podium DD1 PS4

Steering Wheels:

ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR

ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020

ClubSport Universal Hub V2/Podium Hub with Podium Button Module Endurance

Pedals:

CSL Elite Pedals with Loadcell Kit

Software/Firmware Versions

Fanatec Control Panel Version: 439

Podium Wheel Base DD1 Motor Firmware: 42

Podium Wheel Base DD1 Firmware: 691

Podium Wireless Quick Release Firmware: 6

ClubSport Porsche 918 RSR: ?

ClubSport Universal Hub V2 Firmware: 1

Button Module Endurance (BME) Firmware: 13

CSL Elite Pedals LC: 1.13

Please let me know which is the safest/best driver and firmware version.

Thank you,

P.S.

The approximate different device counts was calculated based from the following:

Wheel Bases:

Podium DD2, DD1, DD1 PS4

ClubSport DD, DD+, V2.5, V2 Servo, V1

Gran Turismo DD Pro

CSL DD, Elite

Steering Wheels:

Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3

Podium Steering Wheel Monte Carlo Rally

Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R

ClubSport Steering Wheel Rally Sweden for Xbox

ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R V2 for Xbox

ClubSport Steering Wheel SPARCO® GT, Xbox

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5, V2.5 X

ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports V2

ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox, V2

ClubSport Universal Hub V1 for Xbox, V1

ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 V2, V1

ClubSport Steering Wheel RS

ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR

CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2, V1

CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC

CSL Steering Wheel BMW

CSL Steering Wheel P1 V2, V1

CSL Universal Hub V2, V1

Pedals:

ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted

ClubSport Pedals V3, V2, V1

CSL Elite Pedals V2, V1

CSL Pedals, LC

CSR Elite

CSR

Total Combinations = Number of Wheel Bases × Number of Steering Wheels × Number of Pedals

Total Combinations = 11 × 22 × 10 = 2420

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited January 3

i not want insult noone but

General improvements of timing, stability and latency.

where you read this because this xbox bug what i see in latest firmware is far away from stability

they to have difference between very old firmware between new ones. as they added users multi setups feature,

but that means more stuff and higher latency

so i not sure about better latency either

more code means slower latency not the better latency

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited January 3

now if customer really searching latency and if that matter him allot

then in reality and not some fantasy world the only option is Better Hardware

in this case Clubsport DD/DD+ is better

• Why you don’t drive with the normal PlayStation 3 Mode on Clubsport CSW V2 with Porsche RSR oder Formula Black or Formula Carbon. If you have so many Fanatec things you must know what to do against Oscillation .Drivehub is only good for Dirt and Driveclub PS4 but official the CSl Elite PS4 is better for this with older Firmware .

• With these responses, I guess I'll just try posting over in Reddit. I was hoping some of the boys from Fanatec would've chimed in.

I just don't know how either of these responses are helpful. I want to use my current rig and hardware setup to play PlayStation 3 in Gran Turismo 6 when I choose. Why the hell would I want to unbolt a 15 pound wheelbase and try to find some mounting solution to install an old wheelbase? That's not what I'm wanting to do. I'm pretty sure what I'm wanting to do as possible.

Also with optimized code and improved protocols, I think you could achieve Fanatec's statement "General improvements of timing, stability and latency." I'm just not sure what this means or what all is it entails.

• Chris ColeChris Cole Member
    edited February 13

I know what you're talking about with GT3 and the Drivehub. I have the Podium DD1 also. The wheel Oscillation is really bad with the normal settings. With the F1 wheel I run the in game force feedback at 4. In the Fanatec wheel settings the big difference is with the Natural DamperI, I turn this up to 85. Also huge is force feedback intensity, I run this at 0 which knock out most of the oscillation, 10 is good but does start to add a bit of oscillation back in. I also turn the natural inertia setting up to 25. This really knocks out most of the wheel oscillation with GT3 and the Drivehub for me. And thanks for posting the version of the Drivehub firmware you are using. I couldn't keep GT3 connected over 10 minutes until I loaded the older version 2.0.3. Now it's working great, and it sure as hell beats bolting the old CSR wheel back on to play GT6.

• Sorry, in game force feedback max torque is set at 4 and the force feedback sensitivity is set at 1. When I start turning the force feedback sensitivity back up the oscillation starts coming back in.