Does DD+ exist?

What did I think? There have been problems with the new CS DD wheelbase on the forum, and it is not clear how many such problems there are relative to the total number of problems delivered to users.

My friend got a CS DD base and he has coil noise. The DD+ base is a little more powerful, a little more loaded, maybe the problem with order delivery is that they are now trying to fix a hardware problem?

The questions are completely in favor of this theory, they did not order a new batch, on December 27 the status changed to sold out, not for pre-order in 2 months, but sold out?

What do you think?

Comments

• do they have a Sony license?

did they make enough bases at all?

maybe they don't have the money to pay the supplier and the Chinese who manufactures all the equipment?

maybe the CEO doesn't have time for that nonsense, because he has to deal with sponsoring and how to find, take money from people.

• I ordered the DD+ October 25th. At the time the order was supposed to be available on December 19th. On the 20th the order said it would be available on December 27th. I have emailed them about this and have not heard back at all. Been over 2 weeks since I emailed them, and they haven't given an update. Checked Reddit and here. Why aren't people talking about this, why isn't it a big deal?

It could be that I'm use to Amazon or something but don't companies usually take the money when they ship the item? It seem strange is all. I have a few thousand wrapped up in Fanatec, but I think could get some of that back from selling it on eBay. Maybe it's time to cut ties with a sinking ship and get on board with another ecosystem?

• I cancelled my DD+ and was refunded the next working day. Was sick to check the status on the Fanatec website. Good thing is that the money came back immediately! Looking for a Moza vvase now

• ScSc Member

I’ve ordered 21st October. Availability was 12th December and switched to 27th December after we’ve received the mail about delay on 18th December.

btw: in the English part it says that they aim to ship it by the end of 2023 but in the German part they literally guarantee to ship it by the end of 2023.

i am also very annoyed about the delay and that they hold my money for over two months now and the worst part for me is lack of communication.

maybe something is really off with the whole situation or it is their unorganized workflow and internal processes.

sony wouldn’t allow anyone to use their trademarks (logos, names etc…) without permission and fanatec wouldn’t take the risk to get sued into hell.

• Because some people just understands the situation. If you can't wait, just cancel your order like everyone else. Flooding support team with "when will it arrive" tickets does not help Fanatec to get out of this current swamp.

• you know with most pre orders money does get taken of the card at transaction and not at release

• There's something here that I think is really significant. I'm Spanish, so yesterday I asked one of the most important YouTubers/streamers in the Spanish simracing community about this situation. He has the entire Fanatec ecosystem, so I understand he has a good relationship with the company. He mentioned that he has had the DD+ for a month, but they won't let him release a video about it.

Why, if the main availability date was December 12, haven't they allowed a YouTuber to release a video analyzing the base? Normally, these videos are released before the availability date for promotion. Almost a month later, I don't think anyone who has paid for the base has it at home, and the YouTubers/streamers Fanatec sent it to are prohibited from talking about it.

• it is known that some have them, but for different reasons they not allowed talk that because off final approval at Sony self, if sony says ok. then its ok, if not then fanatec may need make changes at they current DD++.

that could be also one reason why in Japan you not even able order that yet as they self not 100% sure when its happen

• All of this is speculative, but if the DD+ was supposed to come out two months later than the regular DD from the very beginning, I understood it was due to contracts with Sony. If, at this point, those contracts still haven't been finalized to the extent that even the YouTubers who have them in their possession can't talk about it, it worries me.

Because if that's the case, why hasn't Sony granted the license yet? Maybe they've identified a significant flaw in the product? Perhaps they're asking for more money than Fanatec is willing to pay? Could it simply be lengthy bureaucratic issues that, at this point in time, don't help expedite the process?

Regardless, I still maintain the view that Fanatec should at least provide weekly updates on the situation, even if without many details, to reassure buyers who have invested thousands of euros. I trust that after they finish inventory on the 10th, everything will progress much faster.

• Interestingly, I don’t think that the fanatic does not have a license to work with Sony; they have been collaborating for several years.

If popular bloggers have already received DD+, but cannot talk about it, this may well be a marketing story, since reviews will spur sales, but there is nothing to please, so it is better to wait for a situation when the product is in stock.

My main concern is that hardware problems have been identified that they are now trying to quickly fix. This is of course a hypothesis, but if this is true, then we may be stuck with orders for 3-4 months.

• Tinfoil Hat Mode: Activated

• I dunno, boosted media did a mini preview plus he was testing a new motion system, and was using a dd+ in that preview.

• they to have license but Sony PlayStation self is complicated about they hardware stuff, and as DD++ self is new

also this is still typed in they webpage

The ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation® and will work with PlayStation®5 and Playstation®4 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval. PC compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

• Damian PennyDamian Penny Member
    edited January 3

Good call on the lack of Sony license approval - email update just confirmed it:

"Dear customer,

We’d like to provide you with an update on your ClubSport DD+ order.

It was our anticipation that we would have shipped these orders by now - provided your purchase did not include pre-order items that were not yet in stock. To facilitate this, we had the products transported to our global warehouses via air freight. This worked seamlessly and everything has arrived as expected.

However, we encountered a separate challenge – pending product approval by Sony. The ClubSport DD+ is the first product on the market incorporating Sony’s new security electronics. Consequently, the product approval procedures are comprehensive and time-consuming. Initially we expected to receive this approval sooner. To date, we are still waiting for it, which is why we are currently unable to ship your order.

We hope to have an update on the matter by mid-January and are doing whatever we can to expedite the approval process and deliver this exciting new product to you as quickly as possible. Please note, the product availability date in your Fanatec account is relevant to your shipping date - not the current date online in the shop, which only applies to new orders.

Thank you,

Team Fanatec"

• What a fucking scam it is...

• They embedded the main reason for not shipping the order and want to buy time by the reason of logistic . However, they can’t obtain the license by the end of dec 23.

• I can only say one thing, the guy who does PR should be fired. He is absolutely incompetent and directly set up the company, essentially saying that the fanatic deceived us all by selling a product that did not exist.