FFB fade on CSL DD (Series X / ACC)

Purchased a CSL DD 8Nm in October of 2023. It has been working fine for the most part, up until about 3 weeks ago where I have noticed a drop on FFB and fidelity after about 30-60 mins of play time. As the title suggests, I am playing on Xbox Series X, the game is ACC. The loss of FFB is definitely noticeable…navigating corners like EAU Rouge at SPA become very difficult because of the FFB feeling like a sponge and no longer tight or ‘crisp’. After turning everything off and trying again in about hour - the FFB returns to normal until enough laps or time goes by - and then I get same issue.

Here are the details for the sake of context:

• Driver firmware is updated to 455 (when I got the unit in October it was at 452 so the firmware has been updated now 3 times)
  • Unit is plugged in to reliable power source outputting a constant 118-122V—
  • CSL DD will get warm but not hot (last temp reading I took it was around 36C)
  • I have never used the wheel for drifting, and my FFB settings in ACC are moderate (75% Gain in-game. Fanatec Tuning Menu settings are mostly at default, I’ve only reduced Interpolation down to 1, and FEI down to 90.
  • Ambient room temp is around 21C
  • FFB test works fine in Control Panel, and the CSL DD is being shown as 8Nm (plugged in to computer after the issue happens just to check and all seems fine).
  • Pulled log files from Control Panel, opened the ZIP file and looked in the ‘Event’ folder - nothing is showing so I assume the the base hasn’t detected any anomalies, though I am not sure if this works while playing on console or if it is applicable for PC use only.
  • The shaft is seated correctly, and the clamp is adequately tightened. My QR1 is secure and I am using the retaining bolt. I do not experience complete loss of signal so this is not a connection issue.

At a loss here, and figured the problem is one of these issues potentially:

-Faulty CSL DD motor that is derating itself after getting warm?

-Firmware-related issue that will get patched?

-Bad or failing PSU/Boost Kit?

-Software bug stemming from ACC and/or XSX?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any thoughts or insights as to what it could be? Feeing bummed…and not excited at the notion of going the route of Tech Support and RMA given the reported delays and headaches that seem to be happening with Fanatec Support.

Comments

• I would check cables while you notice the fall off and see if any are hot. If you have another good quality USB cable I would try that also. Check the power supply plug for damage connector or bent pins.

• I have checked all the cables, nothing out of the ordinary there. I believe the base is overheating because I am using the ClubSport Universal Hub V2 and ClubSport wheel rim 320.

Together, they make a heavy combo and perhaps this is over-stressing the motor after 30-45 minutes, causing thermal derating.

• Did you ever figure this out? I just set my csl dd 8nm up last night, loving it for about 30 minutes, dialling in Forza setting, wheelbase settings etc. Then the ffb just faded and i couldn't figure out why. Turned up game ffb to 100, damping up, didn't bring any weight back to the wheel. That first 30 minutes was great though!