BYE BYE Fanatec

I placed an order on November 21 with all the items showing in stock. After 2 emails, 3 posts, 2 dms on facebook etc and not one piece of info from them. On 28 Dec io decided to cancel my order. Now i got a message from my bank that the money will be in my account in a couple of days.

So glad i don't have the stress of dealing with this shit company anymore.

I ordered the logitech g pro instead.

I really hope this company goes bankrupt after everyone gets their products or money back.

Bye bye fanatec, you have been a nightmare.

Comments

• Well... If they go bankrupt. Then it's like we all own a Saturn. :(

• logi works in the right direction.

they have a quality QR system.

and the most important thing is the built-in cooling fan

• Logitech has ~8.200 employees. Fanatec (Endor AG) has ~150 employees.

there‘s no need for a built in cooling fan in a direct drive wheel if it‘s well designed. Fanatec are not even the only wheel base producer to not need an active cooling. It‘s only an unnecessarily loud feature. That’s why almost all of the great sim racing streamers use direct drive wheels without active cooling. Almost none of them uses Logitech for this to consider

• of course they all threw out the fan. so that reliability turns out to be unprofitable in the long run.

the sooner things break, the sooner the duped people will have to buy a new one.

and the fact that everyone claims that these are industrial motor that do not need cooling is nonsense. everything that overheats needs to be cooled.

I just wonder why Fanatec has a DD Podium base with a fan and a 5-year warranty. because that system is quite reliable.

• and yes, I forgot to mention. there is no Fanatec with those 150 employees. there are only 1-2.

if there were more of them, they wouldn't take such bad care of customers.

they are just managers, brokers. they hired Chinese people to produce for them, smart engineers around the world to program and draw projects. those 1-2 people just manage everything. that's how the real truth about this sad scrap company turns out.

Of course, these are just my guesses, but this is the reality we have been seeing for years.

even the webshop can't be edited by anyone other than those 1-2 manager workers. and the CEO is in the caribbean, maldives, swiss alphas and who knows where he spends the money of customers who he didn't provide for their toys.

• not only that logitech has no real ecosystem they promised more with the pro line but there is nothing there to consider

• I'd have went simagic if I didn't want console compatibility with pc. They have nicer wheels for better prices

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited December 2023

if you don't need 15 steering wheels, gearboxes, torture devices and I don't know what, the eco system is not needed. Logitech has enough if that's enough for someone, and it is for many. and if you need for PS.

Fanatec has a huge eco system that was very bad on the QR1 and it took 2+ years from the announcement to introduce the QR2 system. and still many do not benefit from it.

unfortunately, many do not benefit from such a powerful eco system, because if you buy something, you can't get it within a month, regardless of the fact that BF and the rest of the shopping frenzy in the world.

I personally have done a lot of shopping around the world in the past month and everything has arrived. last order yesterday.

Fanatec is a big shame.

and to be honest, Simagic has the best ecosystem. and is expanding.

• I was watching Logi for some time in hopes they'd expand their ecosystem. But their shifter sux and what is the QR for if there's not wheels to swap? They just sorta dipped their toes in to see if there was money to be made. I'd love to see that ecosystem grow but it looks grim to me.

Personally i'm going Simagic for everything except my wheel base on PC and Im recyling old Fanatec stuff for PS on an old wheel stand I have. Their prices are equivalent and the Pedals i got are way better than V3's. Also. You don't have to buy direct from them. Which I have enjoyed.